NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

3M Scotchprint 1080 "black carbon fiber" vinyl wrap

FNBADAZ06

Did you do it yourself? Do you think it's realistic to wrap a stock splitter like that?

No, I had Arizona Color perform the work (they are the vendor for 3M products as well).

IMHO, I don't think it would be worthwhile to wrap the stock Z06 splitter, and I bet it would be a bitch as well.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• FNBADAZ06

• MOTV8

• Ted Y

• BDharley07

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Posted Image

I've seen bigger avatars...

Photobucket will enlarge that for you, ya know.

Guest badbobs95

Ferrari F40 wrapped in the original Di-Noc.

The F40 would look fabulous if you threw sh-t on it, YO :partydance:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Remember this wrap from last year ?

Posted Image

Victor, Parker and I took the pieces to AZ Color and had the 3m vinyl wrap installed.

Looks great Victor! I have been wanting to see what that stuff looks like. How did they wrap it? Did they just clean the pieces and wrap or did they use an adhesive to help it stick? Also, I've heard they have had good luck with clear coating that stuff...

• 2 weeks later...
BubbaThaLuva

Victor, looks great. I sent you a PM about Rob. Check your notifications.... LOL. BTW. I get back from Afghanistan around July 20th. I really wanna sell my ride and get a barely used GS (JSB, White or Silver). Once I get that GS I wanna add the ZR1 front chin, sides and spoiler. I wanna get those items and the rear diffuser, halo and roof wrapped in that CF stuff. Looks great and would seem to be cheaper and more durable than getting it color matched and clear bra'd. Keep your ears open if you know of anyone that might want to get into the corvette world with my used C6. BTL

• 9 months later...

Like to see how it holds up after you drag it over a speed bump or something.

I know this is an old thread but I was just wondering how that front splitter is holding up for you? I'm thinking about having mine done in this stuff soon. Have you had any issues with it yet? How much is the front splitter to get done? Might have to go to 3Monkeys like BadBob did since I am on the east side and see what their prices are.

Like to see how it holds up after you drag it over a speed bump or something.

I know this is an old thread but I was just wondering how that front splitter is holding up for you? I'm thinking about having mine done in this stuff soon. Have you had any issues with it yet? How much is the front splitter to get done? Might have to go to 3Monkeys like BadBob did since I am on the east side and see what their prices are.

Holding up great.....even after eating a few cones (HPDE), a bird strike or two (also at HPDE), high speed drives which flexed the splitter, and my occassional scrape on steep approaches. :thumbs