NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

3M Scotchprint 1080 "black carbon fiber" vinyl wrap

FNBADAZ06

I wonder what it would cost to have a whole car wrapped but in say.......matte white.

I suspect a couple grand.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• FNBADAZ06

• MOTV8

• Ted Y

• BDharley07

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I wonder what it would cost to have a whole car wrapped but in say.......matte white.

Glad you mention this. I was trying to clean off all the tar and road grime from the lower sides when one of the grandkids offered to help. Well, he got it off alright with the aid of a scotchbrite pad.

I've always liked the look of the '95 Indy pace car with the lower half painted white, so maybe I'll try this wrap deal first.

Could one of you expert photoshop guys fix up this pic like that for a preview?

post-851-064759100 1302279670_thumb.jpg

Very nice!

I have a set of racemesh screens for the side vents. I wonder if they can be wrapped.

You mean the bezzled part I assume. I'm sure it could be wrapped if the screens can be seperated from the bezels.

The boyfriend is probably going to wrap his GTO matte white. As far as if we're going to do it ourselves or have a professional is undecided. The material is fairly inexpensive but the labor time is crazy.

The boyfriend is probably going to wrap his GTO matte white. As far as if we're going to do it ourselves or have a professional is undecided. The material is fairly inexpensive but the labor time is crazy.

I love the look of matte white. Like an eggshell with wheels.

Ferrari F40 wrapped in the original Di-Noc.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Remember this wrap from last year ?

Posted Image

That wrap on the vette looks sick and F40s always look good but that one is killer. Since I'm from Georgia, I love the Dukes of Hazzard scheme.

I've always liked the look of the '95 Indy pace car with the lower half painted white, so maybe I'll try this wrap deal first.

Posted Image

post-3-077645400 1302341205_thumb.jpg

I thought that would look like crap, but its not half bad.

I would advise against it not because of the color choices tho.

This carbon fiber wrap is "thick" and you can see the seam where it stops. It would scream hokey.

The rules with this Di-Noc or 1080 is this

- no clear coating. the moment you put a layer of glosss; it look fake. real fake. going down this road it will be a "dry carbon fiber look"

- No seams. whatever you are wraping make sure the edges are tucked out of sight.

Wonder if it would hold up under the hood?

I'll let you know real soon :thumbs

I thought that would look like crap, but its not half bad.

Thanks for the photoshop Dawg, but boy does that look awful.

I agree Chad, that it's not half bad. The half that's not bad is the top half, when combined with that color bottom. :U

The C6 doesn't have the definite body lines of the C4 which is why it would look like crap IMO. How much was the roll of it? I need enough to do my splitter is all.

The C6 doesn't have the definite body lines of the C4 which is why it would look like crap IMO.

How much was the roll of it? I need enough to do my splitter is all.

Did you get a ZR1 splitter ?

The vendor did the wrap for me, at $110.00 . material ran $4.50/sq ft and there's a lot of wasted material when doing a splitter in one piece (I'm told).

The C6 doesn't have the definite body lines of the C4 which is why it would look like crap IMO.

No, I want to wrap my stock splitter, or attempt to.The hardest part would be the small pieces of plastic that go up and down if you know what I mean. I would love to see a real carbon fiber option for those of us who like the OEM Z06 style splitter. I'm not a fan of the ZR1 kit unless it is the full kit.

No, I want to wrap my stock splitter, or attempt to.The hardest part would be the small pieces of plastic that go up and down if you know what I mean. I would love to see a real carbon fiber option for those of us who like the OEM Z06 style splitter. I'm not a fan of the ZR1 kit unless it is the full kit.

gotcha

carbonfiberfilm.com I have been planning on wrapping my roof and halo with this for a while. They say they have good experience with clear coating it too.

Looks swweeeet. :thumbs Like to see how it holds up after you drag it over a speed bump or something.

That turned out great!!! I knew I should have got one.

Still can :thumbs

Looks swweeeet. :thumbs

Like to see how it holds up after you drag it over a speed bump or something.

I'm hoping it holds up better to the road debri that seems to pit and chip my other splitter's within months.

My Katech was clear bra'd by Wishbone which kept it in great condition. I'm pretty good about speed bumps and drive ways, but you're right, I hope it's durable.

Did you do it yourself? Do you think it's realistic to wrap a stock splitter like that?