NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

3M Scotchprint 1080 "black carbon fiber" vinyl wrap

FNBADAZ06

Me and a few other are having several fiberglass based ZR1 splitters and skirts wrapped with 3M's new Scotchprint 1080 Black Carbon Fiber vinyl wrap.

I figured I'd share some pics with the rest of you of my new ZR1 splitter as the look is really nice and significantly cheaper than the real thing...for those who wish to add a splash of the carbon fiber look to their sleds.

Next to my real carbon fiber roof....

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

3M did a complete body wrap of a Ferrari F40 with this stuff as a promotional thing during SEMA.

This should hold up pretty well to all the road debri that severaly pitted my painted version.....I had my Katech one cleared bra'd to protect it.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• FNBADAZ06

• MOTV8

• Ted Y

• BDharley07

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've been seeing the carbon wrap on lots of crotchrockets. :thumbs It does look real and if you're gonna scratch the piece up no matter what, i.e. the splitter or bike fairings, the wrap is the way to go. Nice job Victor. Did you have to heat the wrap before applying it? What did the roll cost ya?

I've been seeing the carbon wrap on lots of crotchrockets. :thumbs It does look real and if you're gonna scratch the piece up no matter what, i.e. the splitter or bike fairings, the wrap is the way to go. Nice job Victor. Did you have to heat the wrap before applying it?

What did the roll cost ya?

Had a local vendor do it for me...took roughly 45 minutes I'm told. I'm thinking about buying some and trying to wrap a few items...I was told it runs $4.50/sq ft.

This should hold up pretty well to the rocks and sand that usually pit and ding my other splitters...we will see.

Can they do my top and halo? Any idea of cost?

I'm sure they could, but it would probably be preferred that you pull the halo and top and bring it to them.

The shop I deal with does full body wraps as their main line of business, so they wouldn't perform any dissassembly of your car.

edit: there's a thread on the big boards discussing this topic.

Here's a pic of a yeller car that had the roof and halo done....looks nice.

Posted Image

Follow the thread here....

Di-Noc vs Scotchprint 1080

hey ... this could be fun .... supplier .???:partydance:

I'll see if they will sell just the vinyl...I was told it was $4.50/sq ft.

Do you care to tell us your local vendor's name?

Arizona Color....located on Deer Valley just west of 19th Avenue.

I have another vendor that might be able to do some work as well, as Arizona Color primarily does full vehicle wraps.

I told Jim (owner) that there might be a flood of owners that might want to get some work done after they see how this stuff looks. Two Snails and BDHarley07 have their splitters over there now awaiting the same treatment, and we are going to do the same thing on the skirts as well.

More importantly is mine ready? I ordered the side skirts tonight :bang

More importantly is mine ready? I ordered the side skirts tonight :bang

He said beginning of next week for yours. I'd give them till Tuesday as he said they are slammed with work.

It came out REALLY nice :thumbs

That looks killer on that yeller car. I've been thinking about doing something different when I EVENTUALLY get mine painted. Was actually thinking something like cyber grey, but damn that looks good.

fourseventeen

that stuff looks legit! very nice wrap job too

Looks really good. I plan on doing my front splitter and possibly my center consul.

I looked at that Di Noc stuff for weeks, never did pull the trigger on getting some but it sure looks foolproof for installing. I was thinking of wrapping some interior pieces... How's the scotchprint supposed to hold up under our sun???

I looked at that Di Noc stuff for weeks, never did pull the trigger on getting some but it sure looks foolproof for installing. I was thinking of wrapping some interior pieces...

How's the scotchprint supposed to hold up under our sun???

1080 is darker than the Di-Noc stuff. This 1080 stuff was designed specifically for exterior automobile applications...we will see how it holds up to our environment but I suspect it will do fine.

I was thinking of wrapping some interior pieces...

thinkin the same ... maybe center console and gauge cluster on the C3 >>>

Hey Victor can you check on the price to cover the side skirts?

Hey Victor can you check on the price to cover the side skirts?

Dennis, I'll bring him one of my old skirts to take a look at. I'm thinking it shouldn't cost any more to do the pair as it cost to do the splitter, as there's less waste and I'm guessing the same amount of material.

I'll let you know what I find out.

Very nice! I have a set of racemesh screens for the side vents. I wonder if they can be wrapped.

I wonder what it would cost to have a whole car wrapped but in say.......matte white.

Guest badbobs95

I had my C4 top done 2 months ago and it looks great. If you are looking for a place on the east side, I went to 3Monkeys Graphics in Tempe. Southern and McClintock, S/W corner plaza. He did a great job on an otherwise trashed glass top. It was all oxidized when I bought the car.