NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Good news- My wheels are about to be shipped!

fourseventeen

fourseventeen

doesnt look like they match BUT I just emailed the guy. WOnder how much of a pain in the ass it is to swap the calipers and bleed the brake system? at 250 for the set of 4 id be very interested. Also asked about doing my motor covers too.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• fourseventeen

• Bigfoot

• Desertdawg

• FNBADAZ06

The bright note is we have a GM tech on ACE, we will have to cruise to Yuma to get it done but I hear he is good at it!!! When you talk to the guy, ask him if he has any pictures of them on a AO vette to see how close they are, and ask if there is a discount if we both buy at the same time...

doesnt look like they match BUT I just emailed the guy. WOnder how much of a pain in the ass it is to swap the calipers and bleed the brake system? at 250 for the set of 4 id be very interested. Also asked about doing my motor covers too.

Paint them on the car....without bleeding. That is what I did with my JSB ones...my painter matched them pretty damn close.

You could always paint the calipers black. Might subdue them more and make the wheels pop more instead of being drawn into the caliper. Just a thought.

You could always paint the calipers black. Might subdue them more and make the wheels pop more instead of being drawn into the caliper. Just a thought.

:agree

Can't go wrong adding more black :thumbs

This^. Its nice to have a little contrast. I think if you painted them orange there will be too much going on. I think leaving them red or painting them black would look good......maybe even blue.

fourseventeen

Paint them on the car....without bleeding. That is what I did with my JSB ones...my painter matched them pretty damn close.

Just a regular paint shop? What did they charge you to do that?

Who knows I may just leave them red lol. I wont paint them blue LOL. Black may be an idea too...and an easy one. We will see.

fourseventeen

thanks bud. Went down to chevy to have the sensors programmed...charged me 40 bucks cause they had to put the car on a lift to get to the sensors (they are mounted on the back lips of the wheels) but whatever...its all done now. Anyone see any issue with running these with 32psi? they were shipped to me with 40psi but chevy says the sensors will show a warning light on the dash if they are above 32psi. 20" 345 x 25 Nitto Invo

C6 Z06 TPMS won't show a warning until your north of 40 PSI. I run 36 hot in front, 34 hot in the rear...Invo's.

on C6's if the TPM system detects a tire pressure above 289 kPa (42 psi), the HIGH TIRE PRESSURE warning message is displayed. If the system senses a tire pressure between 34-172 kPa (5-25 psi), the LOW TIRE PRESSURE warning message is displayed. And if the system senses below 34 kPa (5 psi), the FLAT TIRE warning message is displayed.

fourseventeen

Hmmm then I guess the service manager at Gateway didnt know what the hell he was talking about. My tires were at 40 and I asked why they lowered them to 32. He said the sensors will warn me anything higher then 32. So now the question is....should I raise the pressure or is 32 good.

Stay AWAY from Gateway. Bunch of F'n idiots there.

Sez you, always good by me, just ask my stereo....

Lets see, they tried to rob me blind...now they're telling Jay he'll get a high pressure warning over 32psi??? Come on, if you put 30psi in them cold, they'll be at 33 before you get to I-10.

should I raise the pressure or is 32 good.

I'd set them @ 34 or 35 cold

:agreed

fourseventeen

LOL Sean. I heard a lot of good things about them from Vette people. They have always done me right with my Chevy truck. But yeah the service manager telling me the TPS sensors will warn any higher then 32psi is plain stupid (if indeed he is wrong). The air stems are a bitch to get to on these wheels so I will go see if I can put more air in them and see what happens.

LOL Sean. I heard a lot of good things about them from Vette people. They have always done me right with my Chevy truck. But yeah the service manager telling me the TPS sensors will warn any higher then 32psi is plain stupid (if indeed he is wrong). The air stems are a bitch to get to on these wheels so I will go see if I can put more air in them and see what happens.

He is indeed, WRONG.