NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Good news- My wheels are about to be shipped!

fourseventeen

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• fourseventeen

• Bigfoot

• Desertdawg

• FNBADAZ06

Thank God you got them! They look really mean :smilelol :smilelol

fourseventeen

Just a quicky taken outside. Ill have better ones by the weekend ;)

post-1446-1278988246.jpg

Saaaa - Weeeeet They do look a little better then the teddy bear rims. :wacked:

fourseventeen

thanks guys. Just some quicky pix to get by for now ;)

fourseventeen

VERY much worth the wait! =D I literally took the car out for 30 mins...2 stops and had over a handful of compliments on the car and wheels. More in 30 mins then I have had in the month I have owned the car LOL.

The wheels look great :thumbs , but now you're gonna need to paint those calipers orange. It's always something.

Jay,

The picture you posted before they were shipped showed a full orange barrel, are you editing your new pictures enough to make them disappear???

LINKY !!!

Looks to me like the barrels are orange. The angle and shadows are thorwing you off I think.

fourseventeen

the entire lip is orange. Prolly just the shadow in the pix. I took them real fast after putting the wheels on. I am out with the SO tonight so I was in a hurry to snap those pix and get over to the station. Ill be home at 6am...so maybe tomorrow evening I will take some better pix.

The wheels look great :thumbs , but now you're gonna need to paint those calipers orange. It's always something.

and yeah I want to paint them to match also. Just need to find a place that sells high temp paint that matches LOL. I dont think id go through the hassle to have them pulled apart to be painted or powder coated. If anyone has suggestions im all ears.

the entire lip is orange. Prolly just the shadow in the pix. I took them real fast after putting the wheels on. I am out with the SO tonight so I was in a hurry to snap those pix and get over to the station. Ill be home at 6am...so maybe tomorrow evening I will take some better pix.

and yeah I want to paint them to match also. Just need to find a place that sells high temp paint that matches LOL. I dont think id go through the hassle to have them pulled apart to be painted or powder coated. If anyone has suggestions im all ears.

Hi-temp paint isn't necessary on calipers. They really don't get that hot.

Even though some people laughed, I color matched my Crystal Red with a standard color Krylon latex rattle can at Ace Hdwe. for about $4.

fourseventeen

If I could find rattle can that matched close id do it ;) BUT it needs to be perfect if not darn close since the wheels are color matched and so close to the calipers, it would be noticed if they didnt match lol. thanks for all the compliments guys ;)

fourseventeen

whoo hoooo....im home early. So here is one more for now ;)

post-1446-1279008809.jpg

Now you can see the barrels.... BTW I have the name of a guy on the corvette forum that can do powder coated calipers for about 250 exchanged. He has figured out the right combo to match AO! I'll see if I can find the link.

Jay, here is the link to the guy that does the calipers, I was going to order them but just haven't done it yet!

$250 for the calipers

$30 shipping

$300 refundable core charge

Posted Image