NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

New type of Radar used by DPS

6spdsforme

You shared your opinion based upon your life experience.

I shared mine. We have contrasting views, that's all.

I don't have a problem with anything that went on here.

:agree I believe it is your experience in Conn but LE is not the same in AZ. You have three different LE agencies represented and none confirm what your beliefs are.

Yes, three different LOCAL LE agencies.

There's a big 'ol world out there guys.

Sorry to have to break that news to you.

Again I think we all agree on that. No one in this thread spoke for what LE was like anywhere but here in AZ. You were lumping all LE into one huge barrel and we were only addressing AZ LE. I could tell you what I believe LE is like in Conn but that would just be my opinion as it is with your opinion of AZ LE.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• az-gold

• Ted Y

• fourseventeen

• Eddie44

Top Posters In This Topic

You shared your opinion based upon your life experience.

I shared mine. We have contrasting views, that's all.

I don't have a problem with anything that went on here.

:agree I believe it is your experience in Conn but LE is not the same in AZ. You have three different LE agencies represented and none confirm what your beliefs are.

Yes, three different LOCAL LE agencies.

There's a big 'ol world out there guys.

Sorry to have to break that news to you.

I believe I was always speaking about my experience here in AZ. You were the one using a Connecticut experience and applying it here.

Are there dishonest cops out there? Yes.

Would I like to see all dishonest cops fired? Yes.

Is there somewhere out there that tells it's officers to write X number of tickets per day/week/year? Yes, no, I don't know. I suppose there could be. I haven't seen or heard of it first hand. I disagree that a list of "Performance Objectives" on a wall constitutes a quota. Maybe it does to some. I wouldn't call it the normal for there to be a quota. Not in the agencies I have had contact with. I've met officers from a lot of different places and I haven't had one of them tell me about their boss making them write tickets.

I have a friend who works for DPS as a motor officer (he's not a "nazi" by the way). He used to work with us. He told me his boss tells him he wants him to make 10 contacts per day. The boss said he doesn't care if the officer writes tickets or not, just document 10 contacts with drivers per day.

Does this constitute a quota if the officer is not required to write the ticket?

You decide.

I also want everyone reading this to know that I welcome your opinion. Do not be intimidated by this thread to not share what you think or feel like you can't come to an event because of this discussion! :):):)

wickedfastvette

I also want everyone reading this to know that I welcome your opinion. Do not be intimidated by this thread to not share what you think or feel like you can't come to an event because of this discussion!

:):):)

Nothing in this thread was censored.

No one told you that you can't say what you want.

You haven't violated any forum rules.

I try looking at our forum with shades on because I have to form no opinion and harbor no ill feelings towards the other members so that I don't get accused of playing favoritism.

When I posted at 3am I was trying to get you back off because you were boardering on accusing the other members posting in this thread as liers.

They say they will never risk thier safety, or the publics safety to prove to you what the radar/lidar recorded, and they would never risk thier job by lying to you about your speed...

They say there are no quotas.

and you say...

So, in the case of a hand held (LIDAR) device, that can be brought over to me while I am still in my vehicle, the LEO will refuse to show me the reading why?

Because he doesnt' have to I imagine will be the answer, and naturally not because he has something to hide.

And a sincere thank you for clarifying what some deny are quotas but in reality exist although under a different actual name.

Aren't you just short of calling them lier's here???

Nothing in this thread was censored.

No one told you that you can't say what you want.

You haven't violated any forum rules.

I try looking at our forum with shades on because I have to form no opinion and harbor no ill feelings towards the other members so that I don't get accused of playing favoritism.

When I posted at 3am I was trying to get you back off because you were boardering on accusing the other members posting in this thread as liers.

They say they will never risk thier safety, or the publics safety to prove to you what the radar/lidar recorded, and they would never risk thier job by lying to you about your speed...

They say there are no quotas.

and you say...

So, in the case of a hand held (LIDAR) device, that can be brought over to me while I am still in my vehicle, the LEO will refuse to show me the reading why?

Because he doesnt' have to I imagine will be the answer, and naturally not because he has something to hide.

And a sincere thank you for clarifying what some deny are quotas but in reality exist although under a different actual name.

Aren't you just short of calling them lier's here???

Dawg has his opinion about this thread and he is just as free to post it as any one of us. This is not a closed discussion.

I also want everyone reading this to know that I welcome your opinion. Do not be intimidated by this thread to not share what you think or feel like you can't come to an event because of this discussion!

Because, if you have ever met Ted in person, you would know that he is the nicest guy in the world.

Maybe not THE nicest....but thanks! :)

I felt that you were calling them liars, and being the admin I felt the need to step in and ask you to back off.

And your defense is to accuse me (ACE) of censorship, and restricting your freedom of speech.

And now I will act like the HMFIC and say your motion is denied.

Stop the argumentative replies please

Dawg has his opinion about this thread and he is just as free to post it as any one of us. This is not a closed discussion.

Because, if you have ever met Ted in person, you would know that he is the nicest guy in the world.

I like cheesecake!

I like Corn Dip !!!!! .......and puppies, strawberry rubarb pie, and :boobies:....I like THOSE alot :lol

You told me I was :toetap

wickedfastvette

You told me I was :toetap

You obviously want to believe one thing and only one thing. PPD doesn't care if an officer doesn't write any tickets if he's got double the felony arrests that month than anyone else on the sqd. Likewise if he's taken three times the reports than anyone else on his sqd then he probably doesn't have time to write tickets. That said, if he doesn't have any arrests, very few reports and no tickets then he may have a problem.

Read it how you may, that is not a quota. That's just managing what your troops do everyday to see that one officer isn't sitting on his ass collecting a paycheck. As a taxpayer I appreciate that.

I surprised a PD officer once, he couldn't believe I could fold it that many times!

I surprised a PD officer once, he couldn't believe I could fold it that many times!

You're such a DORK!!!

:lol

I always wanted to go serve a search warrant with Surprise PD so I could yell, "SURPRISE, POLICE!"