NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

New type of Radar used by DPS

6spdsforme

Well I would say I love Pie but sense we have a bunch of LEO's in this topic I will say lets go have some JAVA and DONUTS, ME LOVE CHOCOLATE NUM NUM NUM

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• az-gold

• Ted Y

• fourseventeen

• Eddie44

Top Posters In This Topic

fourseventeen

ill take a maple bar and a soda from QT please...I dont do coffee ;)

I agree it all taste like dirt and if you have to add crap to it to make it taste good no thanks. Never drank coffie never will, lets go to QT.

wickedfastvette

I agree it all taste like dirt and if you have to add crap to it to make it taste good no thanks. Never drank coffie never will, lets go to QT.

I can speak for PPD. They have what is known as Squad Averages. The Supervisor will track all catagories and you may be below the Squad average in tickets but well above in arrests or some other area. It's only if you're considerably below in all areas that you have a problem.

I agree with others that you're not getting out of your vehicle on a traffic stop. Ask all you want but you won't get to see the reading. Using the reading over and over may happen back east but I'm with Ted, it isn't with my job and career for any ticket.

I like coffee and chocolate. Not a fan of the donuts. Too cliche. :)

Young guys! Personally I never met a donut I didn't like but never drank coffee. But then I'm old school :lol

wickedfastvette

I can speak for PPD. They have what is known as Squad Averages. The Supervisor will track all catagories and you may be below the Squad average in tickets but well above in arrests or some other area. It's only if you're considerably below in all areas that you have a problem.

I agree with others that you're not getting out of your vehicle on a traffic stop. Ask all you want but you won't get to see the reading. Using the reading over and over may happen back east but I'm with Ted, it isn't with my job and career for any ticket.

So, in the case of a hand held (LIDAR) device, that can be brought over to me while I am still in my vehicle, the LEO will refuse to show me the reading why?

Because he doesnt' have to I imagine will be the answer, and naturally not because he has something to hide.

And a sincere thank you for clarifying what some deny are quotas but in reality exist although under a different actual name.

tomato, tomaaato; it's still the same.

So, in the case of a hand held (LIDAR) device, that can be brought over to me while I am still in my vehicle, the LEO will refuse to show me the reading why?

Because he doesnt' have to I imagine will be the answer, and naturally not because he has something to hide.

And a sincere thank you for clarifying what some deny are quotas but in reality exist although under a different actual name.

You obviously want to believe one thing and only one thing. PPD doesn't care if an officer doesn't write any tickets if he's got double the felony arrests that month than anyone else on the sqd. Likewise if he's taken three times the reports than anyone else on his sqd then he probably doesn't have time to write tickets. That said, if he doesn't have any arrests, very few reports and no tickets then he may have a problem.

Read it how you may, that is not a quota. That's just managing what your troops do everyday to see that one officer isn't sitting on his ass collecting a paycheck. As a taxpayer I appreciate that.

I have no idea what LE has done to you in the past but you obviously have a chip on your shoulder for some reason. I imagine we'll never know the honest truth because you're from Conn and apparently everyone lies there.

fourseventeen

Yes thats correct....417 is "police talk" for subject with a gun. Guess what that means....yup I ALWAYS carry a gun lol. Wishbone...yes lets go get a donut and soda! LOL. We probably both visit the same QT I assume ;) I would only buy donuts there when I was working if it was like 4am when the store was usually empty lol. I always felt funny buying donuts when in a uniform lol. I worked graves so it was breakfast time when I got off and my wife would always ask me to bring her home a donut. DAMN WIFE! lol.

DAMN WIFE! lol.

Just tell me that isn't her in your avatar! Doesn't look like that woman's eaten a donut in her life :lol

fourseventeen

OK I wont tell you its her...you already figured it out ;) Girl eats more then I do! BTW Eddie...we have gotta do a photo shoot with her and your split window sometime ;) If I was able to have 2 vettes id have my Z06 and a 66 coupe ;)

I mean really, it's only what I've heard?

You have 3 LE's here telling you how it works and you still argue what you've heard is correct..... :toetap

OK I wont tell you its her...you already figured it out ;) Girl eats more then I do! BTW Eddie...we have gotta do a photo shoot with her and your split window sometime ;) If I was able to have 2 vettes id have my Z06 and a 66 coupe ;)

I mean really, it's only what I've heard?

You have 3 LE's here telling you how it works and you still argue what you've heard is correct..... :toetap

You shared your opinion based upon your life experience. I shared mine. We have contrasting views, that's all. I don't have a problem with anything that went on here.

You shared your opinion based upon your life experience.

I shared mine. We have contrasting views, that's all.

I don't have a problem with anything that went on here.

:agree I believe it is your experience in Conn but LE is not the same in AZ. You have three different LE agencies represented and none confirm what your beliefs are.

Neither do I.

LOL...too bad those not directly involved don't see it the same way.

But then too.....there is no CLI....

j/k

They can express their opinions, too. Right?

What's wrong with there being a few cliques in a group of hundreds? Not everyone gets along equally. I don't see it as a bad thing that there are groups of people who are closer friends than others. I've never seen a case with this group where a new person was not allowed to sit with a clique at a lunch table...

My opinion is that this group is very friendly and has made strides toward welcoming new members. It's not always something that comes easily since everyone is very different. I also see that a lot of new members are not computer savvy so they don't always know how to join the discussion.

:agree I believe it is your experience in Conn but LE is not the same in AZ. You have three different LE agencies represented and none confirm what your beliefs are.

I must have missed that part of the forum registration that requires that everyone who joins ONLY believe what is espoused here and cast aside all other personal life experience.

And you wonder with these types of exchanges (uh, I guess freedom of speech is an option here?) why so many sign up and remain silent out of not wanting to upset the CLIQUE.

Nice try at a 7am edit above John.... :lol

I read through yesterdays posts and you had 3 members tell you what they did and what you had heard were completely different, yet you still held the belief that you were the correct one....

I must have missed including in the registration that hearsay, when explained is incorrect,(for the current state in which you reside) will become more truthful when posted repeatedly.

Where was your freedom of speech rights violated?

Guest racingchester

I agree with Ted. I don't always agree with whats being said but don't get in a tirad if the subject doesn't go my way. been in this group for over 5 years and haven't had an issue. I guess thats my life experience. I'm with CHAD....

I must have missed that part of the forum registration that requires that everyone who joins ONLY believe what is espoused here and cast aside all other personal life experience.

And you wonder with these types of exchanges (uh, I guess freedom of speech is an option here?) why so many sign up and remain silent out of not wanting to upset the CLIQUE.

Nice try at a 7am edit above John.... :lol

I read through yesterdays posts and you had 3 members tell you what they did and what you had heard were completely different, yet you still held the belief that you were the correct one....

I must have missed including in the registration that hearsay, when explained is incorrect,(for the current state in which you reside) will become more truthful when posted repeatedly.

Where was your freedom of speech rights violated?