NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

DYNO Day @ Xtreme Motorsports

Guest chad@xtreme

Guest chad@xtreme

Xtreme Motorsports is hosting a Dyno Day on Saturday Feb. 11th from 9-3 with an hour for lunch. We will make 2 runs with air fuel for $50. We will be offering lunch, either subs or pizza. We will also give away a $50 gift certificate for high horsepower naturally aspirated and a $50 gift certificate for high horsepower forced induction. If you would like to get on the list please post up. If there are any questions please ask or give us a call.

Chad

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kingpin

• Togo

• Drewstein

• BSeery

Top Posters In This Topic

Im in :drinkers

:huh who is this kingpin guy?

kingpin 

Learner's permit

Group: Members

Member No.: 151

Guest AZ Power & Sound

Hmm... this one I can actually officially win :D

I think a couple of my customers will beat me though :(

Phil you better come represent at this one!!

I'd like to come watch, but I may be getting things in order for the GB cruise the weekend after...

So pencil me in...but keep your eraser handy.

don't get too impatient. This group is a "last minute" type. I always get worried when no one signs up, but they usually do right before the event.

OK...OK...I will commit. :willy

I just hate to commit to something and have to bow out because of family or work.

See you all there.

Phil... :devil

Guest chad@xtreme

No worries Phil if you can not make it. It is nice to know that I am receiving some feedback on the thread. Thanks.

Some people asked that we (Xtreme Motorsports) host a Dyno Day. I have planned and posted with plenty of time so hopefully not conflicting with other events. All I am asking is a maybe, nothing in stone. I have noticed that many people look but no comments about the thread.

ok - i'll comment.

my car is still not "assembled" yet, and once it is, it will be dynoed and tuned probably just weeks before your dyno day - so i can't justify spending the money for dyno runs when just weeks prior mine will have been done.

i am also "dyno challenged"

what exactly is a dyno with air/fuel - seriously, i don't know what that means.

also, with the dollar amount i have in my car right now - even a measley $50 is a big chore for me right now - as i'm trying to put my finances in order and get out of debt.

just a thought - and maybe not a good one - personally i think you should do a $100 "prize" - that covers the cost of the dyno run and another incentive to spend money at your place with the $50 credit. again, just a thought!

i'd love to come up and hang out - but don't think i'll put her on the dyno just yet

I'd like to get my 94 dynoed especially if i've gotten the long tubes on by then. See what you guys did to me taking me racing!!! I need more power Scotty. Aye Capt. I'll see what I can do. Jim, help Scotty get more power. Damn it Jim, I'm only a doctor. Ok enough of the Trek thing. :crazy Robert

3,503 lbs of trouble
The eraser is ready right now to scratch the whole thing, if we do not get more than 10 cars on the dyno.

I have nothing to put on a dyno, but are you open to non Vettes? I can see if anybody in the Pantera club wants to have their engines dyno'd.

I think I'll be in town that weekend, I'll hopefully be able to show up...but my car has been on the dyno non-stop for the past few weeks so I'll probably just be a spectator!

I think trophys would be more appropriate for 1st place... maybe gift certificates for 1 50/50 raffle.... There are some ringers in this group... which means that most people will not be interested in a dyno day that they cannot win.....

I will be there... i hope my car is done by then.

kingpin  

Learner's permit

;) Kingpin is Kevin, silly boy.

We'll be there to see everyone, even if Glenn's car isn't ready. Can I Dyno the element? :willy:lol

kingpin 

Learner's permit

;) Kingpin is Kevin, silly boy.

We'll be there to see everyone, even if Glenn's car isn't ready. Can I Dyno the element? :willy:lol

i know - i only say this because i've NEVER seen his car - and he RARELY attends the cruises and such - to date - the only time i've ever seen him was at your wedding

i don't even think he really has a corvette! :leaving

Kevin,

Don't get mad Bro, but we found you a new ride at the AZ event last Sat!!

Everyone from ACE thought of you when we saw this ride!!

Maybe a daily huh?? :ack:ack

P1140046%20copy.jpg

Then we have real!! He's on the right!!

2004%20ACE%20Poker%20Run-27.jpg

Just too funny!! :drinkers:drinkers

Ken

Ken-

the kingpin car still needs pink racing stripes! and bear wheels to make it just right! :lol

Oh, and Richard Simmons in the driver's seat.... :D

M~

Chad,

Put my name in, $50 for a party!!

Cheaper than my Hooters bill when I'm by myself!!

Maybe I could be the benchmark??

Zero changes except mileage!!

I did 416/395 on yours and 425/387 at Pro Dyno!

Still have the sheets!!

The only downside is parking!!

No Biggy!!

Ken

Kevin,

Don't get mad Bro, but we found you a new ride at the AZ event last Sat!!

Everyone from ACE thought of you when we saw this ride!!

Maybe a daily huh?? :ack:ack

P1140046%20copy.jpg

Then we have real!! He's on the right!!

2004%20ACE%20Poker%20Run-27.jpg

Just too funny!! :drinkers:drinkers

Ken

Funny Ken :rolf

Guest chad@xtreme
ok - i'll comment.

my car is still not "assembled" yet, and once it is, it will be dynoed and tuned probably just weeks before your dyno day - so i can't justify spending the money for dyno runs when just weeks prior mine will have been done. 

i am also "dyno challenged"

what exactly is a dyno with air/fuel - seriously, i don't know what that means.

also, with the dollar amount i have in my car right now - even a measley $50 is a big chore for me right now - as i'm trying to put my finances in order and get out of debt.

just a thought - and maybe not a good one - personally i think you should do a $100 "prize" - that covers the cost of the dyno run and another incentive to spend money at your place with the $50 credit.  again, just a thought!

i'd love to come up and hang out - but don't think i'll put her on the dyno just yet

Togo--Good to hear that your car is coming along. For those you do not understand dynos here is some quick info.

The car's rear wheels are placed on top of two large drums. The car is then strapped to be held in place. Then the car is brought up to proper RPMs in the proper gear with only the rear wheels spinning and the dyno begins. Usually this is done in 4th gear at 2k RPMs for standards and 3rd gear at 3200 RPMs for automatics. During the run from given RPMs to redline the dyno calculates what the horespower and torque is to the rear tires. We have the capabilities to read Air/Fuel, Boost, and fuel pressure. This helps us to determine what condition the car is in and what modifications need to be done to help make the car live longer. The air/fuel informs us that the car is either rich or lean. Rich is okay but can hurt a car almost as bad as a car running lean. When a car runs lean you will get detonation, possibly hurting the pistons. Hope this helps clarify some questions.

Also you bring up a good point about gift certificates. I might change that. But the reason that we are giving out 2 is because I feel that some will not show up if we gave out only one for high hp and trq.

Pillarswife--Bring the Element we can dyno it also. That is up to you as I have had many types of cars on the dyno. Some cars made 75hp and 75trq to others that are 1100 hp and 900 trq

Chad

• 2 weeks later...
Guest UVETTYA

Hey Chad, when you say you'll do two dyno runs with air and fuel, should I assume you'll tune the air and fuel? My '04 Z is stock with a blackwing (that I bought from you for a great price) and I realize I can only expect a few HP gains from a tune on a stock engine, but I'll take all I can get. Is that what you're talking about?

I just found out I'll be off work for awhile longer so I plan on making this event. So pencil me in. I hadn't planned on dynoing it because it's stock, but for $50 skins, what the hell. I'm curious. :burnout

Steve