NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Corvette Saturday Lunch - 2/4/06

BSeery

The Satisfied Frog in Cave Creek.

Plan to meet at 1030am. That would put us there at about 11:30-Noonish for the ol Satisfied Froggy woggy place....Good for everyone?  Its the SATISFIED FROG in CAVECREEK ARIZONA. Mapquest it for directions.

There is a little strip mall between Cosko and Cave Creek Rd.

It isn't open yet and has a great parking lot to meet and easy access to Cave Creek Rd going north!!

101 north loop going east or west- exit Cave creek Rd!

East bound, turn right at the light and move to the far left lane to turn left on Beardsley!!

West bound, turn left at the light going back under the 101 and stay left to turn left on Beardsley [1st stop light]!!

Stay in the left lane on Beardsley and take the 2nd left. The 1st left goes into the Shammrock gas station the 2nd is into the Cosco parking lot!!

Now you are in the Cosco parking drive and continue north like you are going to the semi loading docks!

You will see a road that goes to the left that will take you back to Cave Creek Rd.

You will also see the back of a N-S oriented strip mall. Turn left along the south side of the strip mall and you will see a big parking lot on your right before you get back to Cave Creek Rd.

Hang a right thru one of the two entrances and pick a spot. The J-John is always clean now so use it if you need!!

We can assemble there and it's an easy access to Cave Creek northbound!!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Togo

• BSeery

• Eddie44

• sundevil82

Guest XLR8TNC5

Well, back in November, I suggested The Satisfied Frog in Cave Creek for either Dec or Jan, but no one ever posted anything back. But that is one of my suggestions.

Tanya

• 2 weeks later...

Cave Creek sounds great!

Also, I visited a place on Southern and 32nd st. called "the farm" last week...great food and a HUGE picnic area with pecan trees and tables.

Guest XLR8TNC5

"The Farm" is pretty cool. I have been there several times. They carry organic foods, (Grow most of their items from the menu right there themselves.)

A little bit pricey, but yes, always worth the trip.

T

"The Farm" is pretty cool. I have been there several times. They carry organic foods, (Grow most of their items from the menu right there themselves.)

T

Way to go Tanya...I deliberatly didn't mention "organic foods" as I didn't want to frighten anyone off!

Kidding really, I just couldn't resist...I'm a wing and pizza guy myself, though I'm trying to maintain my charming boyish figure. :bs

Maybe throw it into the suggestion box Bryan? It is a really great place and it would be a real thrill to the folks there I'm sure - if we had a good turnout. Not to mention LOTS of room for the "children".

T

Way to go Tanya...I deliberatly didn't mention "organic foods" as I didn't want to frighten anyone off!

Kidding really, I just couldn't resist...I'm a wing and pizza guy myself, though I'm trying to maintain my charming boyish figure. :bs

Maybe throw it into the suggestion box Bryan? It is a really great place and it would be a real thrill to the folks there I'm sure - if we had a good turnout. Not to mention LOTS of room for the "children".

OK -- that one goes in the box for April.

I have a place already in mind for March. I will have to work out some details with the manager to see if we can get the patio to ourselves. If so, I will post details in Feb.

Guest XLR8TNC5

So, did we decide on the Satisfied Frog for this one coming up for sure then? I will call them and let them know that we will be there. Do we want to meet anywhere particular? Which way does everyone want to go. Loop 101 to Cave Creek Road or I-17 to Carefree hwy to Cavecreek road?

Lets get this ball rolling, so we know. I hate this last minute stuff. :P

Tanya

Since we have people from all over the valley lets meet at the 101 and Cave Creek Rd. There is a Costco just south. If we meet along the Cave Creek Rd side of the lot there should be room. Then we can caravan up Cave Creek.

Well, since Tanya suggested the place I think she should take care of the details.

Pick a place and a time for everyone to meet, or we can all just show up like we do at any other lunch.

Please give them a call and let them know to expect us and see if they want to set aside parking or a place for us to eat.

Get some directions and I add all the information to the top post.

Thanks!!

Guest Sidewinder
Well, since Tanya suggested the place I think she should take care of the details.

Pick a place and a time for everyone to meet, or we can all just show up like we do at any other lunch.

Please give them a call and let them know to expect us and see if they want to set aside parking or a place for us to eat.

Get some directions and I add all the information to the top post.

Thanks!!

Tell you what, I already offered to make the arrangements with the restaurant, so no need to throw "orders" out there. As far as where to meet, I think Eddie and I got that pretty much figured out in posts above.

So, now, all the rest of you have to do is just reply yea or nay in this thread and that about does it.

Thanks for the clarification though Bryan.... :toetap

Lata,

Tanya (yes, I'm posting under Mark's login.)

P.S. Plan to meet at 1030am where Eddie suggested. That would put us there at about 11:30-Noonish for the ol Satisfied Froggy woggy place....Good for everyone? Its the SATISFIED FROG in CAVECREEK ARIZONA. Mapquest it for directions. Or you all can just show up like "usual." I don't really have a problem with either method of getting there.

I wasn't "throwing orders" out there. I may have been blunt in what I typed but it was only because I wanted to keep it short and simple.

I was just offering that one person should be the lead on it and make the arrangements instead of 20 posts of "where and when do we meet". To many times the details don't get worked out until post 25 or so and no one sees the info because they don't read each post.

If you don't want me to help, I won't. Just let me know if you need the top post changed or you can feel free to start a new post that you have access to modify as you wish.

Since we have people from all over the valley lets meet at the 101 and Cave Creek Rd. There is a Costco just south. If we meet along the Cave Creek Rd side of the lot there should be room. Then we can caravan up Cave Creek.

for all you east siders, just watch your speed ESPECIALLY if you are coming via the 101 the whole way!

it might be better to go a bit out of your way (or safer anyhow) and go via the 10 to the 17

just a suggestion.

i'm going to start a website - boycottscottsdale.com - just gotta get off my butt - i figure if i can get off mine, then the city can get off theirs and help get rid of those ridiculous speed cameras ON A FREEWAY! you have got to be kidding me! :cuss

Uh -- Scottsdale wanted them there. They paid a LOT of money for them and expect to get money in return. Also they can say they are doing something to control the rampant speeding problem.

no offense, but I don't think they will be willing to "help get rid of those ridiculous speed cameras". Just stay under 75 in a 65 and you won't get a ticket.

See ya all at lunch - hopefully no one will get stopped or get fan mail from Scottsdale in the mailbox later on.

Uh -- Scottsdale wanted them there. They paid a LOT of money for them and expect to get money in return. Also they can say they are doing something to control the rampant speeding problem.

no offense, but I don't think they will be willing to "help get rid of those ridiculous speed cameras". Just stay under 75 in a 65 and you won't get a ticket.

See ya all at lunch - hopefully no one will get stopped or get fan mail from Scottsdale in the mailbox later on.

maybe we should start anothr topic for this -

but the scottsdale city council wanted it - i'm not sure anyone else did.

we can do our part to help try and eliminate them and "vote with our dollars"

my theory is simple - if we stop spending money in scottsdale the business owners will eventually get wind of my website via the news reporters i will be sending the information to.

when business slows down, then the business owners will be forced to go to the city council and ask to have the cameras removed because it is detrementel (sp?) to their survival as a business.

some of you say why hurt the businesses - i say there is no other choice - some of us don't live in scottsdale to vote people out of "office" there so we have to have another way to vote - like i said - with our dollars they so depend on!

now that the cameras are live i'm going to get moving along on my site.

:D

who's with me? :toetap

Whatz up ya'all? Been WAY too long since Carol & I have had an opportunity to attend an ACE event. But, it looks like we have a good chance to join in on 2/4. We'll be at the arranged meeting place by 10:30 if at all possible - 101 and Cave Creek Rd.

Hope thats ok! Been enjoying the vette ('99 Roadster - Torch Red/Black - with black carbon fiber stripes) as much as work and the wife will let me. At least it's my daily driver, so i actually enjoy going to work!

We're really looking forward to seeing everyone again! See you Saturday!

Larry & Carol Rich

Home: Lake Havasu City

3,503 lbs of trouble
Whatz up ya'all?  Been WAY too long since Carol & I have had an opportunity to attend an ACE event.  But, it looks like we have a good chance to join in on 2/4.

Wow, it's been a long time. I hope you both can join us on the 4th, and keep in mind the Annual Gila Bend BBQ is coming up on the 18th!!

Now we are in an area I know well!!

I built the little strip mall between Cosko and Cave Creek Rd.

It isn't open yet and has a great parking lot to meet and easy access to Cave Creek Rd going north!!

101 north loop going east or west- exit Cave creek Rd!

East bound, turn right at the light and move to the far left lane to turn left on Beardsley!!

West bound, turn left at the light going back under the 101 and stay left to turn left on Beardsley [1st stop light]!!

Stay in the left lane on Beardsley and take the 2nd left. The 1st left goes into the Shammrock gas station the 2nd is into the Cosco parking lot!!

Now you are in the Cosco parking drive and continue north like you are going to the semi loading docks!

You will see a road that goes to the left that will take you back to Cave Creek Rd.

You will also see the back of a N-S oriented strip mall. Turn left along the south side of the strip mall and you will see a big parking lot on your right before you get back to Cave Creek Rd.

Hang a right thru one of the two entrances and pick a spot. The J-John is always clean now so use it if you need!!

Ken

Whatz up ya'all?  Been WAY too long since Carol & I have had an opportunity to attend an ACE event.  But, it looks like we have a good chance to join in on 2/4.  We'll be at the arranged meeting place by 10:30 if at all possible - 101 and Cave Creek Rd.

Hope thats ok!  Been enjoying the vette ('99 Roadster - Torch Red/Black - with black carbon fiber stripes) as much as work and the wife will let me.  At least it's my daily driver, so i actually enjoy going to work!

We're really looking forward to seeing everyone again!  See you Saturday!

Larry & Carol Rich

WOW!!

Good to hear from you two Larry!!

I still remember bringing up the tail on the Sedona cruise? and seeing this red vert coming on strong up 87 then just settling in behind!! :D

I was pretty new then and didn't recognize you two till we stopped!!

Looking forward to seeing you two at the Frog!!

Ken

My thought exactly! :thumbs

When the kids were home at Xmas we were making weekly trips to Costco

Sounds great and I am a newbie to ACE, I am assuming that pleebs are encouraged but what is a normal time commitment to one of these events. Concerned that when I see the mods I WILL be infected with the virus. Coming from E Mesa.

Whatz up ya'all? Been WAY too long since Carol & I have had an opportunity to attend an ACE event. But, it looks like we have a good chance to join in on 2/4. We'll be at the arranged meeting place by 10:30 if at all possible - 101 and Cave Creek Rd.

Hope thats ok! Been enjoying the vette ('99 Roadster - Torch Red/Black - with black carbon fiber stripes) as much as work and the wife will let me. At least it's my daily driver, so i actually enjoy going to work!

We're really looking forward to seeing everyone again! See you Saturday!

Larry & Carol Rich

Holly crap, where did you come from. :P Was wondering what you two were up to. Thought maybe you'd sold the vette or something.

KnK might make this one. Have to check the wife's schedule. Heck, I may go solo if she is working.

Keith