NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

My 82 Makeover

Buccaneer

Yeah, Tom. My question was tongue in cheek. I can understand not wanting to do other's cars.

LOL, No harm no foul. Just thought you might be serious.

So....when can you start on mine? (Just kidding)

It looks like you did a great job.

:D

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Buccaneer

• Desertdawg

• Phill's Vette

• Tim

• 4 weeks later...
Buccaneer

Quick update:

I decided after sanding the hood with 1200, 1500, 2000 and then buffing with wool pad and then foam pad that the hood looked awesome. However, I did find a few booboos on the body and said WTF...I might as well fix them real quick and hit it with another two coats of clear and do it all over again if needed which I probably will because I'm sure I'll get more dirt and have to sand it again.

I was screwing around with the front bumper and those damn two droops in the top of the nose because of the Urathane looked like crap with the new paint so I ripped the front bumper off and ordered a new one. I'm waiting for it now and hopefully will have it next week so I can finally finish the painting now that its getting hot...great! :( The car is on jack stands positioned in the garage ready to go as soon as I get the bumper and fit it, I'll start painting again.

I'll be doing the new interior as soon as I'm done painting. :)

Always something right?

Looks faaaantistic!

Buccaneer

I was going to go original Urathane again, but elected to go Flex-Fit instead. The Urathane will do the same thing in a few years with the heat out here and I don't want to do this again and its more expensive. The down side of the Flex-Fit is if I get tapped in the nose or hit somewhat hard, it will crack or shatter. Oh well, there's always pros and cons. So far I've heard good and bad on the fit, I'll let you all know hopefully this week when it comes in. I'm crossing my fingers for a good fit.

Update to the Update

The Saga continues...I ordered a new bumper from Eckler's and of course it went backorder until the 11th. I called them today and they said it still hadn't come in and was now backordered until the 18th or longer...WTF? So I cancelled the order and went ordered a bumper from Toledo Pro Fiberglass, Toledo OH. The sales rep gave me a discount from their advertised price which after shipping turned out to be $150 cheaper than Eckler's. I should have it early next week. Hopefully, everything will go well after I recieve it and finish the job now that the heat is ON. :(

my offer stands ... let me me know if you'd like some extra hands to fit that puppy ... we'll be there :roto: !!!

Sometimes that stuff like the Eckler's bumper isn't meant to be and you end up getting something better. I was all set to buy another truck and they sold it while I was gone. I think I've found a better one in the mean time. :)

Phill's Vette
my offer stands ... let me me know if you'd like some extra hands to fit that puppy ... we'll be there :roto: !!!

I'll come by also Tom if I am available - give me a ring.

Desertdawg

Well Tom, you've worked on painting it for what 5 years now, whats another week or two... :lol

I can't wait to see it finished!

Well Tom, you've worked on painting it for what 5 years now, whats another week or two... :lol

I can't wait to see it finished!

Yeah, LOL Kind of like fine wine...nothing will be served before its time. :)

Thanks Hal and Phill for the offer. I will need at least two people to fit the bumper to ensure it will work ok. I could give you a call or just post it here when. I hope to have it next week sometime.

Hey Phill, if you come over when I spray, I can "learn ya" how to do it so you can do yours. :partydance:

Desertdawg

Post it up here, you never know who might show up!!!

Wrench Day at Tom's, I hear he has all kinds of neat stuff to break.

Who's bringing the midget strippers this time?

Well, the bumper is supposed to arrive, I receieved a call from Toledo Pro Fiberglass saying it would be delivered today...nothing yet. :(

Phill's Vette
Thanks Hal and Phill for the offer. I will need at least two people to fit the bumper to ensure it will work ok. I could give you a call or just post it here when. I hope to have it next week sometime.

Hey Phill, if you come over when I spray, I can "learn ya" how to do it so you can do yours. :partydance:

:thumbs

YIPPY!! The bumper came in and its not damaged. :partydance::banannadance: After looking at it, it may take some tweaking, but we'll see.

YIPPY!! The bumper came in and its not damaged. :partydance::banannadance: After looking at it, it may take some tweaking, but we'll see.

Great....now I won't be back from Kentucky June 4 so just hold on to it and I'll come up and watch you put on. Come on ---what's another week????

I applaud your addition of the C4 saftey bumper on your C3.... :yeah:

:devil

Hey Thanks Chris, nice talking to you the other day as well after a long time being out of the loop...kinda. Ask Phil, 1EvilC5 about the tiucket issue, maybe he can help you out with those. Good luck.

Hey Jay, how's it going? You don't owe me anything and I was glad to help you out on your 82CE. Us CFI peeps have to hang together since we are out numbered...LOL :smilelol . If you want to stop by, I'll be doing some fitting tomorrow and Jim is coming over also to give a hand.

BTW: Are you feeling much better these days?