NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Run up Mt. Lemmon

Big Poppa

I'm in.

Just finished up the work on my vette...didn't get to the new shocks...spend my time putting in a new separater plate in the 700-R4 and cleaned the values - didn't ream them...only 47k on the car didn't seem to need it. While back I queried the group on the hard shift from 1st to 2nd, changed the fluid and at that time seemed to lesson it, but not enough.

It's shifts as smooth as a Sam Adams Summer Ale goes down on a hot day. So you won't have a Mustang running with the pack on Sunday <grin>

so I must submit pictures and fill out a questionaire to be able to go on these rides? thats what a message I recieved said.

so I must submit pictures and fill out a questionaire to be able to go on these rides? thats what a message I recieved said.

I don't know where that came from but ACE doesn't have any rules for joining in our cruises or other events. You can even view the ACE forum w/o signing up :lol

Someone's pulling your leg. Heck, having a Vette isn't even a requirement for our stuff.

Whats the weather supposed to be like?

Scattered thunderstorms. High 72F. Winds light and variable. Chance of rain 50%.

:P I would love to see who that message was from! thats a joke if I ever heard one... we welcome all... vette or not...

Just like Eddie said... Absolutely not. You are more than welcome to join us on this or ANY other cruise. Just good times, no dues to pay, questions to answer, nuthin. Just show up and have a good time. Hell, for the most part, you aint even gotta bring a Vette. The only thing we ask you not bring is a shitty attitude, or my ex wife.

Guest lovinglife

Hey Chris, we are still alive and doing well, keeping the dirty side down and the shiney side up!! We would like to make the run up Mt. Lemon but our household has grown by two, two grandchildren. noe seat in the Vette! maybe I can go but I would be alittle late.

Bob and Avon

Hey Chris, we are still alive and doing well, keeping the dirty side down and the shiney side up!! We would like to make the run up Mt. Lemon but our household has grown by two, two grandchildren. noe seat in the Vette! maybe I can go but I would be alittle late.

Bob and Avon

Well, I was lookin to meet up at 1030, and most likely start driving around 11-ish. If you think you want to make it, fee free to call me. 520-979-9889

Congrats on the grandbabies!!!

We gotta get VAD rollin again. Now that I'll be in town for a while, I'll set something up. Gotta get the Tucson crew active again.

FWIW, unless it's a biblical flood, I still plan on going. If it's raining a bit, we just drive a bit slower.

See y'all tomorrow!!

Guest lovinglife

I will let you know. Yes I would like to try and do the VAD thing also. I will be out of town for busin ess to NH next week.

Come on Chris and Rich ... PICTURES PICTURES PICTURES!!!

please (insert sad eye batting eyes face here)

Had a blast, thanks to everyone that came... god I love that mountain!!

Did you take the Benz? How'd it do against the Vettes?

I'm working on pictures now.... I'll start a new thread for that. Gotta say, that was one of my favorite rides so far. It was awesome today!!! Rain, sun, waterfalls, fog... We had it all.

Of course we took the benz!

Benz did great! as if that was in question! :smilelol

We took it easy but didn't hesitate to "take" the corners...it did great.

Dude, pretty much i got bored following everyone else and made my way up behind chris. He was the only dude who kept a pace that made me smile driving the benz. props to Mercedes!

He was also the dood making sure to drive slow enough to not draw you into overshooting a corner in the wet. Still, props to MB, it didn't look like you were having a hard time of keeping up at any pace we set...

He was also the dood making sure to drive slow enough to not draw you into overshooting a corner in the wet. Still, props to MB, it didn't look like you were having a hard time of keeping up at any pace we set...

lol i didnt say that!!! prob should have tho... it was awful wet. and your right chris, i didnt have any problem keeping pace with ya. obviously, the benz couldnt have kept up if we had a cool and dry daytime run. just doesnt have the HP to do it.

Marana Rich

Good run! Good to meet Tim, and see the rest of you again.

Weather was kind of a damper, but we managed to run between raindrops for the most part.

I managed to snap a few pictures while on the move, plus a shot of Poppa's true love.

That was my first run up Mt. Lemmon, so this last month has been a good one, with Sedona and now this.

I just got back to Yuma, and will try and sort them out and post soon. Good pics Chris!

I noticed that my GPS gave me a good indication of when and how severe the curves were, was a big help for a first timer.

Excellent time!!! Good to put faces and personalities with names.

My old vette handled fairly well on the curves (still have all my tires)

thanks..look forward to another run.

Thanks

Good to meet you Tim!! Now let's get your stereo squared away so you can rock out on the next run too!! And then see if we can find a way to introduce your front end to the bottom half of the atmosphere...

Good to meet you Tim!! Now let's get your stereo squared away so you can rock out on the next run too!! And then see if we can find a way to introduce your front end to the bottom half of the atmosphere...

Interesting about the stereo...no longer shows the clock only shows 14 ~.2..weird..still get a few stations....one of the replacement speakers..burned up....awful smell.

My A/C had a bad port..got that fixed up and the tires spinning the right way.

Can't explain the lift in the front end...glad to have another pair of eyes look it over...just say when.

Thanks Chris.