NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Oct 1st - Cruise / Lunch / Cruise / Car show

BSeery

Guest afmiller

My first time to the Pavillions. I gotta say, that is one nice place to be on the first saturday of the month drivin the Z. Phil, I'm sorry I didn't introduce myself when you were talking to HARRY. My car was next to Harry's (Red ZR1). Harry is quite a nice guy, I kept telling him he needed to get a yellow chair to go with everything else he had that was yellow.......Anyway---I'll be back........My Z doesn't match up to what was around me--------but I love it anyway...

Al

Al,

Thanks for pointing out which Vette was yours. Make sure and introduce yourself next time you see me.

Make sure and mention A.C.E. to Harry. He sounded like he was going to look us up online.

Phil... :devil

Guest XLR8TNC5

Looks like the cruise and lunch were a lot of fun and some really nice Vettes were out at the Pavs. Sorry to have missed it,

Tanya

Great pics :cool

Still sorry I missed the cruise, but the dragstrip was allot of fun.

And I really didn't need the comment added to my picture, I was already unhappy. :angry

Great pics :cool

And I really didn't need the comment added to my picture, I was already unhappy. :angry

but it made the rest of us VERY happy. :smilelol

I will remove it after awhile.

but it made the rest of us VERY happy. :smilelol

I will remove it after awhile.

3,503 lbs of trouble
I remember my shock the first 14.9 run I ever did (finally beat one of those people I'd been chasing after). And it's just gotten better since.

Your LT-1 only ran a 14.9? :confused

Great pics  :cool

And I really didn't need the comment added to my picture, I was already unhappy.  :angry

I don't think the owner of that Vega has any room to talk Dwayne. What did it run?

Bryan, I think you forgot one shot of the cruise, after all I was trying to get there!

Accident10-1-05001.jpg

I remember my shock the first 14.9 run I ever did (finally beat one of those people I'd been chasing after).  And it's just gotten better since.

Very funny Dan-

I've never run the LT and doubt it could do 14.9 anyhow. I was talking about the Plymouth which is the only car I've ever run (at the track) and a long ago rivalry. It sounds like Dwayne and Bryan may have a friendly rivalry going... ;) and I'm a sucker for the underdog (dawg-get it?).

Melissa

3,503 lbs of trouble

Very funny Dan-

I've never run the LT and doubt it could do 14.9 anyhow. I was talking about the Plymouth which is the only car I've ever run (at the track) and a long ago rivalry.

No, I was being serious. I'd think a C3 LT-1 would run way faster than a 14.9, not that you should run yours. I just thought those LT-1 350s were "souped-up" well above and beyond the other small blocks offered at that time.

Guest Kens06

LT-1's are sweet Corvettes, but they ran low 14's and 5.7 sec 0-60!

This was on F70 bias belted tires and 2.20 1st gear. With 4.10's you'd light them up and even with 6K red line, you were cranking thru the lights.

Not much of a daily driver! :willy

I wanted one SO bad, but ended up with a used 70 454/390 that wasn't too bad!!

Since I didn't mind getting my ass kicked by them on the short autocross tracks, I enjoyed seeing the difference between the two!

More info on LT-1

Ken

LT-1's are sweet Corvettes, but they ran low 14's and 5.7 sec 0-60!

This was on F70 bias belted tires and 2.20 1st gear. With 4.10's you'd light them up and even with 6K red line, you were cranking thru the lights.

Not much of a daily driver! :willy

I wanted one SO bad, but ended up with a used 70 454/390 that wasn't too bad!!

Since I didn't mind getting my ass kicked by them on the short autocross tracks, I enjoyed seeing the difference between the two!

More info on LT-1

Ken

Thanks for the good thoughts Ken and Dan. If you say you've seen the lt-1s run those times, I'll believe it. I suppose I could look at old timeslips from my files....nah, too much work involved! I can say that the car pulls hard and I do have wheel spin (on huge radials) with little effort.

And Ken, how can you be disappointed with a big block car? Those are sweet! I love torque! :burnout

Melissa

I'm just glad we were able to take the Vette to Pavillions Saturday night... Don't you know it, I got to work on it most of the day. It had distributor issues too (Bryan). It's not an MSD so I had to shell out some money for the problem. OMG, Melissa had a small backfire out the carb. I got it running and the brakes working too. When I was cleaning up I noticed that the backfire burned my hair!!!! OOPS!!! By the time we got home that night we were out of brakes, again! Darn Chevy's..... Still had a grand ol' time though....

Andrew

firebirdweekend9050011tn.th.jpg

Bryan makes a good supervisor...

firebirdweekend9050078ec.th.jpg

firebirdweekend9050201cf.th.jpg

firebirdweekend9050094fv.th.jpgWhats that old car doing in there?!?!?!?

As usual, thank you Imageshack.us for hosting my photos....

:agree

I just had to take a picture to make it last longer.... (Take a picture, it last longer! :P )

I thought I took a pic of all three but I don't know what happened to it....

Andrew

firebirdweekend9050011tn.th.jpg

Bryan makes a good supervisor...

The amazing thing is that I hadn't kicked the car or thrown any tools or just gone on a swearing streak by this time. I usually get very :cuss :mad :bang after a day like Friday.

The fact that I was just standing there in a daze shows you how beat up I already was.

I think I was pissed beyond words at that point. :angry

firebirdweekend9050201cf.th.jpg

Wow, two DeLoreans. You don't see those everyday.

Yeah you do.

I saw two just that morning......

web_100105-29.jpg

3,503 lbs of trouble
:agree

What are the chances of that?!?!?  :smilelol

Andrew

I wonder if they were the same cars? :confused

3,503 lbs of trouble
So much for individuality.  :ack

Daniel has an '82 & I have an '83, couldn't you see that!

And as far as individuality goes, isn't this the group with like 30 black C5s?

:leaving

So Dan and Dan-iel drive DeLoreans. ( I think there's a song in the making here )...

82, 83, is there really any difference between the two?????

BTW

Can you come down real early to the Gila BBQ next year? I could really use your hood....

Just think, I can cook all the burgers at one time with a grill that big.... :smilelol

3,503 lbs of trouble
82, 83, is there really any difference between the two?????

Actually no. Mine is technically an '82. My ID tag says it was assembled in late '82, but it was probably assembled much earlier that year. There was a work stopage at the factory some time in mid '82. My car basically sat, probably semi-assembled, throughout the several month stoppage. When work was resumed, the '83 models from all other manufacturers were hitting showrooms, so they took all those remaining incomplete '82s, including mine, re-VINed them, and sold them as '83s.

I'm sure you cared to hear all that. :lol

BTW

Can you come down real early to the Gila BBQ next year? I could really use your hood....Just think, I can cook all the burgers at one time with a grill that big.... :smilelol

:huh :mad

:lol Actually, that stainless steel gets so hot in the direct sunlight it literally can burn your skin off. So, perhaps burgers could be cooked upon a hood. BUT DON'T GET ANY IDEAS!nono.gif

dan_gbbbq.gif