NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Lunch on Mt. Lemmon this Saturday (5/10)

Big Poppa

1045 - 1100 at Le Buzz...I could do that, beats driving all the way to Ina and Thornydale and back...

Uh oh, stupid question, 'cause I used to live up that way, what exactly is LeBuzz?

Wouldn't it be easier to meet at Taste of Texas or Chuy's?

Glenn is going to meet us at the McDonalds at Catalina Highway and Tanque Verde at round 1030. Dewey, you met him on the Gila Bend run. He's got the white FRC with the black C6 wheels...

Glenn is going to meet us at the McDonalds at Catalina Highway and Tanque Verde at round 1030. Dewey, you met him on the Gila Bend run. He's got the white FRC with the black C6 wheels...

Yes, I remember that rolling piece of exquisiteness...and I'll meet him at the McD's with the worst service in the history of mankind <<<Used to live at Bear Canyon>>>

1045 - 1100 at Le Buzz...I could do that, beats driving all the way to Ina and Thornydale and back...

Uh oh, stupid question, 'cause I used to live up that way, what exactly is LeBuzz?

To answer your question, Le Buzz is a coffee shop. Its where all the motorcycle people meet before heading up the mountain.

To answer your question, Le Buzz is a coffee shop. Its where all the motorcycle people meet before heading up the mountain.

I thought Le Buzz was where the women of Tucson purchased their toys.

I remember it now, just didn't remember the name, right between Walgreen's and Safeway.

Wow guys what an awesome turnout!!!! 8 corvettes wow!!! that was definitely a blast. lets do it again sometime soon!

Yup yup... Good times. I'll get some pics posted up in another thread that we can all dump into.

Yup yup... Good times. I'll get some pics posted up in another thread that we can all dump into.

Wait, don't you hate AZ??? and you had fun here??? Make up your mind dude. :toetap

:lol

Wait, don't you hate AZ??? and you had fun here??? Make up your mind dude. :toetap

:lol

Ya, cause we drove out of the barren, scorching Mad Max wasteland into the cooler climate where there are trees, and grass, and cute furry little bunnies, and twisties....

:neener_neener:

Yaa.. twisties :D

Kathy and I enjoyed the day

..the howlin exhaust note thru some of them narrow places was sheer delight.

Our car sounded good too :)

Nice to meet ya, was pure luck we found yas at the McD's ..LOL.

(rather be lucky than good any day)

We sighted the white Vette parked alongside the road,

..not a hummingbird in sight!

Wassup wit dat?

-Frank

Yaa.. twisties :D

Kathy and I enjoyed the day

..the howlin exhaust note thru some of them narrow places was sheer delight.

Our car sounded good too :)

Nice to meet ya, was pure luck we found yas at the McD's ..LOL.

(rather be lucky than good any day)

We sighted the white Vette parked alongside the road,

..not a hummingbird in sight!

Wassup wit dat?

-Frank

HAHA Hummingbirds!

After you guys left we went to the tippy top and we were bombarded by itty bitty bugs, but they liked the white car the best! hehe.

We had a fun sprint down hill ... Big Poppa (Chris) had to wave the pokies to the side of the road. We may need to buy him some new shorts because we spotted a sheriff towards the bottom of the mountain who turned on his lights got the peg scrapin' harley in front of us and I am pretty sure Chris made a mess until he realized he was not getting pulled over!

I just woke up from a little 3 hour nap... to a rippin sunburn. Ya, there were a couple suggestive hand gestures at the people slowing us up. And I have fresh shorts on, so no worries. I almost pulled a Strutt.

Rodney (hummingbird boy) finally caught up to us waaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyy late. We all ate, had a good lunch, lotsa laughs. Waited for him. Waited a little more. Decided that he was either walking or had lied to us and was in fact not on the mountain anymore, so we decided to re-locate to the ski area. upon trying to leave, Dewey discovered that the one fluid that he didn't check this morning, the pwer steering fluid, was low. So, he hopped in with me, we went to the top to tell the rest what we were doing, and then went back to Summerhaven to the general store. Got said flud, and went back to Deweys car. Filled steering pump, and prepared to head back up. It wasn't until THAT POINT that Rodney finally rolled up, smiling and waving as if to say "oh, you guys got here before me?"

All in all, good times. The morning trip to the bottom was the "Where did Frank go" show, shortly folowed by everyone waiting for Reid to get breakfast. Beyond that, we all pretty well stayed in a group, the only MIA was ol' Hummingbird. We travelled fast enough (speed limit the whole way) to have fun, but not so fast as to put anyone at risk.

When we goin again? I'm in!!!!

Well, plan another one after May 22 and I'll do my damndest to make it. School will be out but my summer is crammed with stuff going on.

I'll be in and out of town A LOT the next couple months, but I'll peek at my schedule and see what we can put together.