NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Detail Day

1EVLC7

I'm in. Barb's working that Saturday so this works perfect. Do I need to bring my low profile jack? Because...I assume we're waxing the wheels inside and out... :partyspin:

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1EVLC7

• Desertdawg

• Eddie44

• Bigfoot

I'm in. Barb's working that Saturday so this works perfect. Do I need to bring my low profile jack? Because...I assume we're waxing the wheels inside and out... :partyspin:

Great Idea! :thumbs

SunDevil C5

I'm in! I need to do some work on my black 97' coupe. I have a PC orbital and supplies just need some experts :thumbs

Updated...

goldenC4

Eddie44

Mrhusker

Desertdawg

c6speed

1jester

SunDevilC5

racingchester

Anmracing2

1jester

JLMounce

NoMo5.0

Rick G

maybe...

F22trainer

Bigfoot99

If I missed someone let me know and if your in need of the address PM me.

Looks like a nice crowd, but everyone needs to realize there will be no way to fully detail everyone's ride, there's just not enough hours in a day to give each one it's due.

Show up and we will teach you all we can on a couple vette's.

Show us your worst spot, and we will use it as a demo if possible.

I will try to make it out to this, if for nothing else than to meet a few vette enthusiests.

My Z did get slightly keyed on the passenger rear that maybe we can take a look at. Very light, just in the clear coat.

I'm going to bring my truck so we can wax that. j/k :smilelol I am going to be driving my truck though. The Vette is a under the knife a little bit right now.

I hope it's not to late to RSVP! I'll be there with my first vette (2005). Looking forward to meeting the group and learning soem tips & tricks on detailing.

What is the address?

Thanks,

Rick G.

480-403-1353

I hope it's not to late to RSVP! I'll be there with my first vette (2005). Looking forward to meeting the group and learning soem tips & tricks on detailing.

What is the address?

Thanks,

Rick G.

480-403-1353

PM sent, Always lookin forward to meeting new members! :thumbs

May as well PM me also...not commiting, but if my other plans go away, may be up :clap

I think we are about due for another Detail Day, Who want's to volunteer their car as a victim? :edward: I figured we would get started 8:00-8:30 AM. I'll have Cokes, Water and :beer: If you have a specific beverage of choice you might want to bring it along. I live near Carefree and I-17 Who's in? :ACE:

PM me for address.

Is it too late to get in on the fun? I have to make an airport run at 9 am, but since in new here from Nor

Cal, I would like to meet some folks here.

Never too late. ACE events are open to anyone who is willing to attend. The more the merrier!

Damn, damn, damn! I won't be making it tomorrow. I just installed a new Accel coil on my '94 - was going to do the 300+ ignition too but they sent me the wrong cable. Anyway about 20 minutes after I installed it I was about 13 miles away driving along and it just died. I tried plugging the old coil back in but it was doing the same thing - would turn over and sputter a bit but not start. So I'm thinking either the new coil is dead, the ignition module is fried, or the Optispark finally gave out and the timing was coincidental. :banghead A $129 tow charge later and it's back in the garage.

Anyway, sorry I won't be able to make it tomorrow. I will most definitely make the next one. Have fun!

UGHHHH and I over sleep!

Nice

I'm still down to meet up, as I'm sure it'll be going on for a while. if I could get a PM of the address I'd gladly show up to meet a few of you, and take pictures!

Sorry can't make it, woke up to a mild leak on the right front binder....shouldn't be much of a problem, so if I get her stopped up quickly, I may still make it!

So I took the module and coil out and took it down to Vatozone. They couldn't test the module because it wasn't in their book - but the coil tested good.

But I took the $80 gamble and it paid off - the module was bad!

As near as I can tell what happened was the Accel coil is slightly thicker than the stock one and the two parts of the bracket didn't line up correctly so the bolts holding the ignition module on were touching the bracket - where before they went through a hole in the bracket without touching it. Since the bracket is bolted directly to the head it got hot, transferred the heat through the bolts to the module and fried it after about 20 minutes of driving.

I modified the bracket so the bolts don't touch now, so (hopefully) that should be the end of that problem.

Sorry I missed out guys! Hope somebody else was able to bring ice and chips. Next time I'll be there for sure! :partygrnhat: