NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

World of Wheels Corvettes Request

Guest Sidewinder

Guest Sidewinder

Hey all,

Tanya here. I have a request and/or I would like to take the temperature of the group on a possible request that was made of me. The organization known as St Mary's Westside Foodbank Alliance has contacted me and asked if I knew of any cool car clubs who might be interested in showcasing (car showing) their rides at the University of Phoenix Stadium on Sunday, January 13th, 2008 during the World of Wheels show?

Right now, they are offering to give all cars participating in the show FREE ADMISSION to "World of Wheels" and our own parking on the mezinine of the Stadium. If we cannot secure the mezzinine, they said they would block off the ENTRANCE #2 gate parkinglot and let us use that.

The whole point is to bring recognition to the St. Mary's Foodbank stands that would be placed near the cars. The cars are to attract people to the St. Mary's booths for community recognition.

I apologize for the late request, as this was just pitched to me a few days ago.(Day before Christmas) and I have been seriously busy with a lot of things. They are requesting 25 to 100 cars. I was going to try a few other car clubs as well to see what I can do. But anything is better than nothing if you all have the time or desire. If you have not been to World of Wheels, it is a lot of fun and if you haven't seen the UOP Stadium yet, it is way cool as well.

I need yea or nays by Jan 2nd pretty please. And I will post more information as I know the final plans. Thanks for listening and thanks for any help you can provide in rallying others to maybe help support a great cause and have your CORVETTES out there as the precursor to fantastic automobile history and future for the WOW show.

Take it easy and see you all soon,

Tanya

(signing in under Sidewinder's login)

Hey all,

Tanya here. I have a request and/or I would like to take the temperature of the group on a possible request that was made of me. The organization known as St Mary's Westside Foodbank Alliance has contacted me and asked if I knew of any cool car clubs who might be interested in showcasing (car showing) their rides at the University of Phoenix Stadium on Sunday, January 13th, 2008 during the World of Wheels show?

Right now, they are offering to give all cars participating in the show FREE ADMISSION to "World of Wheels" and our own parking on the mezinine of the Stadium. If we cannot secure the mezzinine, they said they would block off the ENTRANCE #2 gate parkinglot and let us use that.

The whole point is to bring recognition to the St. Mary's Foodbank stands that would be placed near the cars. The cars are to attract people to the St. Mary's booths for community recognition.

I apologize for the late request, as this was just pitched to me a few days ago.(Day before Christmas) and I have been seriously busy with a lot of things. They are requesting 25 to 100 cars. I was going to try a few other car clubs as well to see what I can do. But anything is better than nothing if you all have the time or desire. If you have not been to World of Wheels, it is a lot of fun and if you haven't seen the UOP Stadium yet, it is way cool as well.

I need yea or nays by Jan 2nd pretty please. And I will post more information as I know the final plans. Thanks for listening and thanks for any help you can provide in rallying others to maybe help support a great cause and have your CORVETTES out there as the precursor to fantastic automobile history and future for the WOW show.

Take it easy and see you all soon,

Tanya

(signing in under Sidewinder's login)

Sounds cool, in.

Guest Sidewinder

Awesome. I know Mark and I will be there as well. Yes, it is the same entrance as that of the Men's Expo.

This is for a great cause and the fact that they contacted me because they wanted Corvettes was REALLY cool! WishI still had mine right now. Thanks all, lets keep em coming.

Thanks for posting this to the calendar btw! ;)

Robert and Elizabeth

We'll be there! Sounds really cool.

BTW, I pinned this for ya!

Lets go ACE!!! Here is our chance to represent at The World of Wheels! :ACE:

Hey Tanya,

My wife and I will be there as well. Sounds like fun and for a good cause. I have never been to the Stadium so I will need to get directions from someone on How and Where the entrance is. Or maybe some from the East side can meet somewhere and drive out together. Post up if you want to meet somewhere all you East siders!!!

Oh yeah, what time would I need to be there? Before gates open? What time do the gates open by the way?

Sorry for all the questions, but I have to work the night before and will need some times so I will know if I have time to get home and pick up the wife. She LOVES your avatar by the way. She laughed for a good 1/2 hour.

Hobbs-Dancin.gif

Robert and Elizabeth
Post up if you want to meet somewhere all you East siders!!!

Hobbs-Dancin.gif

How about AZ Mills mall as usual.

AZ Mills sounds good to me. About what time? I think the web sight says they open at 11:00 AM. I think we would have to be there before that so we could get the cars lined up though. See ya on the 13th.

Guest Sidewinder

Hey all, I will call my contact on Wednesday, Jan 2nd and let him know the status of the count and how many cars we have been able to get. I will also get the details on what time and such. Thank you all for everything. If I count right, we are at about 10 cars right now.

If we could get ten more that would kick serious ass.

Thanks again and I will post more on Wednesday.

Tanya

I'd really like to go to the track, but this is a good cause and the track is not going anywhere. We should be able to make it with our less that perfect car. :lol

Tanya, are there room for more cars, I just read this. We have been so busy I haven't really been on line. Let me know and let me know how many more cars can go and I'll check it out for you.

Dianne

Guest Sidewinder

Hey all, I have left a message for Frank, who is organizing this at St Mary's. Hopefully he will call me back today. Thank you for the fantastic support.

here is what I know right now.

YES, there is room for more cars. The more the merrier. I would like at least 25 if we are to do this, but we can have up to 100. I see about 18 so far.

YES, you can come and leave as you please. You are not stuck hanging around if you get bored.

NO, you do not have to bring a donation, but I plan to. Canned goods/non-perishables are always a good contribution.

YES, we would need to be there about an hour and a half earlier than the gates opening to get setup.

Things I am checking on:[/u]

Where did they decide to put us?

How do I get my hands on the Admission Tix for you all?

How many booths will they be setting up?

I will post ASAP! Diane, if you could get more cars, you would be my HERO! Thank you all for your giving spirit and backing this up. It is a great cause and it gets some great exposure of all of our beautiful cars. YEA!

Tanya

Tanya,

I'll send out an email today and let you know. If you want to PM me your cell number, I'll give you a call.

Dianne

Guest lovinglife

Would LOVE to go but a the present we plan to be in California that weekend :(. If plans change we will let you know!

Bob and Avon

Guest Sidewinder

Hey all, if I don't hear back from my contact (I have left him three messages and an email!) by noon on Monday the 7th, I will be cancelling this. I refuse to lead you all into a Cluster Hell of confusion just because other people aren't getting their shit together.

YOU ALL ARE WONDERFUL! Thank you. I will keep you posted!

Tanya

Hey all, if I don't hear back from my contact (I have left him three messages and an email!) by noon on Monday the 7th, I will be cancelling this. I refuse to lead you all into a Cluster Hell of confusion just because other people aren't getting their shit together.

YOU ALL ARE WONDERFUL! Thank you. I will keep you posted!

Tanya

Another quitting? (Just kidding!) :D