NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

January 13th Speedworld

bigmike32172

Think I'll have to bow out of this one. Been in bed the last couple days and the doc says the fever won't be gone for a couple more. If I feel any better by Sunday, I'll just be a spectator like last time.

I count about 6 of us for this.

What time and where are we meeting?

Mike, you did get us a lane right?

I called today to verify, but all I got was an answering machine and left a message, but no returned call as of yet.

I will try again tomorrow, and let everyone know.

Hopefully we can get in, but most of you guys didn't let me know till the last minute, so originally I told them it was only going to be me and possibly 2 others, which didn't cut the mustard, but let's see what I can't do to pull this together.

Sooooo what happens if we don't have a lane reserved when we get there, do we get to race? Anyone know??

If it makes any difference I've got another guy with Kenne Bell Z06 who wants to come out. He's pushing 600 RWHP :burnout

Just talked to BigMike. we're in!! If anyone is heading from the east valley I'm meeting two other guys at the Starbucks on Priest and Washington at 9:00 AM. We'll meet BigMike at Speedworld at 10:30.

:banannasword:

Bob

If anyone is heading from the east valley I'm meeting two other guys at the Starbucks on Priest and Washington at 9:00 AM. We'll meet BigMike at Speedworld at 10:30.

Abort!! abort!! That area is going to be a goat-screw due to the marathon.......

I'm planning on being there.

I have to get in the 11's this time out!

Big Mike---Congrats-you made it into the 11s. Great run. Nice car also!

I came away happy, as my goal was to make it into the 12s and my last run was 12.91 at 111.6. Still, I got to get better at leaving the line. I got smoked on the launch every time.

Turbo Tom had an 11.10 with that little 3.8 six banger T-type---but not till after he borrowed some drag slicks from Willie for his last run.

All in all it was fun.

Hawkeye

I'm planning on being there.

I have to get in the 11's this time out!

Big Mike---Congrats-you made it into the 11s. Great run. Nice car also!

I came away happy, as my goal was to make it into the 12s and my last run was 12.91 at 111.6. Still, I got to get better at leaving the line. I got smoked on the launch every time.

Turbo Tom had an 11.10 with that little 3.8 six banger T-type---but not till after he borrowed some drag slicks from Willie for his last run.

All in all it was fun.

Hawkeye

Thanx!

Finally in the 11's! Now I have to try and get into the 10's. I was reminded by someone on the Viper forums that I probably weigh an extra 100lbs than the guys running quicker than me in Z06's, so that probably counts for a tenth of a second right there.