NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

January 13th Speedworld

bigmike32172

So it sounds like a few of us are interested in going to try the cars out after the dyno/tune.

Go ahead and post in here and let's see how many will show. Also we need to know if the track is available for runs that day.

I called but they must be out to lunch.

It looks like car clubs can get their own lane and what not.

I left a message for them to call me back.

Here's the site http://www.speedworlddragstrip.com/

Mike,

A Club Event day,

means you can rent the whole track since nothing else is going on!!

It's not like these guys have the track open and wait for you to show up!!

If you want to sponsor a club day event.

They will tell you how much it will cost...........

then you see how many attendee's you may have..........

divide that number into the cost.............

I'm not pissin' in your Post Toasties!! But come on??

The cable man isn't sitting on the corner waiting for your call either!

Ken

The track called me back this afternoon and told me if I want to reserve a lane for the 13th I need to let them know ASAP. They will let me have it for $25 per car & driver. $15 bucks for spectators.

They need a head count, so please guys let me know quickly so I can make this work for us all.

Thanx.

I stand corrected!!

If I go anywhere that day, it will be to the U of Phoenix statium for the World of Wheels charity car show!!

St Mary's Westside Foodbank Alliance needs cars to bring attention to their cause..............

Free admin to WOW!! Who am I kidding!!!!!!!!!

Ken

I stand corrected!!

If I go anywhere that day, it will be to the U of Phoenix statium for the World of Wheels charity car show!!

St Mary's Westside Foodbank Alliance needs cars to bring attention to their cause..............

Free admin to WOW!! Who am I kidding!!!!!!!!!

Ken

I will accept your apologies at the track by you buying me one of those $20 hamburgers and a $10 Coke :laughing gut bustin:

Mike,

I'm very interested. Will they "boot" me if I run in the 11's in my Vert with no roll bar? (will have helmet of course). In addition I still gotta check with "The War Department" and see if she has clients scheduled on the 13th..... :R & E:

Mike,

I'm very interested. Will they "boot" me if I run in the 11's in my Vert with no roll bar? (will have helmet of course). In addition I still gotta check with "The War Department" and see if she has clients scheduled on the 13th..... :R & E:

They will let you run until you make a pass under 11.5 and then they will give you the boot. Just tell them when you get there that you will run a 14 and they will let you slide. I got away without the helmet last week by keeping my limo tinted windows up and my sun visors down so they couldn't see into the car.

I do need to invest in a helmet though. Those things can get pretty damn expensive, and I'm afraid if I crash I might scratch it! :smilelol

I do need to invest in a helmet though. Those things can get pretty damn expensive, and I'm afraid if I crash I might scratch it! :smilelol

There is a motorcycle place way on west Bell road, the Surprise area, where I got mine and Robert (Quicktrip) got his. In each case we spent no more than $100. Don't know if they have any more, but good deals. :thumbs

I'm torn now if I want to do this or the "World of Wheels" for St. Marys.

I'll get back with you.

I would LOVE to go out for this one. But I have already committed to the car show. I think it's for a great cause. Sorry. I am so ready to try and run my car. The wife is not to happy about my new itch, but she'll get over it I think. Maybe next time.

I would LOVE to go out for this one. But I have already committed to the car show. I think it's for a great cause. Sorry. I am so ready to try and run my car. The wife is not to happy about my new itch, but she'll get over it I think. Maybe next time.

:withstupid The track isn't going anywhere and neither will my new tune.

:withstupidThe track isn't going anywhere and neither will my new tune.

Ya never know! They're building shopping centers everywhere out there! :lol

I'm seriously considering running this time. I need to get a battery tie down to pass tech. Especially since I've got the Vette all tuned up and running well.

bigmike32172
I'm definitely in. :banannadance:

Probably going to bring a buddy with a Vortech blown '01 vert.

Well it looks like it will be just me and my buddy Bob.

That's alright Bob, it looks like you and I will have to eat all of those Hooters wings and curley fries all by ourselves :yesnod

Mike, let me know what size helmet and I might be able to bring one for you. I'll have an XXL for my big noggin!!

bigmike32172
Mike, let me know what size helmet and I might be able to bring one for you. I'll have an XXL for my big noggin!!

I'm thinking that's what size I take as well.

untitled-3.jpg

I may be back in. Depends on Tanya and the World of Wheels. Her contact is being hard to get ahold of so she may cancel it. I'll let you know on Monday or Tuesday when she posts back.

I hope I get over this CRAP I've contracted before Sunday...... :ack I told Big Mike I'd meet him out there at 10:30, coming out from Gilbert.

My cell number is (602) 818-1799

Bob