NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Phoenix & Tucson ACE members cruise to Bisbee, AZ

Robert and Elizabeth

That sux... What if we moved it to Sunday? Kinda kills the avalability of an overnight, but maybe you could go?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Big Poppa

• Z O SICK

• dewey

• Robert and Elizabeth

Robert and Elizabeth
That sux... What if we moved it to Sunday? Kinda kills the avalability of an overnight, but maybe you could go?

That would be an extremly long day for us. Robert has to get up Monday at 0430 and myself at 0500 and I know we would be exhausted from all that driving over one day. Sorry Chris, but we are out for this one. :(

:banghead Can't make this run, damn! Will be flying back from Orlando that day, business. Maybe Greg and Susan can take some pictures? :cuss

Mike

I wouldn't mind going for the cruise. Bisbee is in my neck of the woods so I will link up with you in Weitstone.

Tony

OK, so I had to Mapquest Weitstone ... The plan as I see it is to drive south through Sonoita, then east over to Tombstone. That doesn't have us driving through Weitstone. I think that maybe you'd want to meet up with us at the Shell in Tucson, or at the junction of the 83 and the 10. That leg south has the best twisties of the trip, and I assume you'd want to partake...

Just my 2 scents....

I wouldn't mind going for the cruise. Bisbee is in my neck of the woods so I will link up with you in Weitstone.

Tony

OK, so I had to Mapquest Weitstone ... The plan as I see it is to drive south through Sonoita, then east over to Tombstone. That doesn't have us driving through Weitstone. I think that maybe you'd want to meet up with us at the Shell in Tucson, or at the junction of the 83 and the 10. That leg south has the best twisties of the trip, and I assume you'd want to partake...

Just my 2 scents....

If you guys are going through 83, you will pass Weitstone/Huachua city. You will also pass Mustang corners. It's a four way stop light on 83. I'm live about 1 1/2 hours from Tucson but only 10 minutes from Huanchuca.

Tony

Just my 2 scents....

If you guys are going through 83, you will pass Weitstone/Huachua city. You will also pass Mustang corners. It's a four way stop light on 83. I'm live about 1 1/2 hours from Tucson but only 10 minutes from Huanchuca.

OK... Well then I suppose Mapquest is lost. It placed Weitstone right about where Gas City is, right at I-10. If you want to PM me with yer number, I'll holla as we get close, or you can lay in wait for us and pounce as we go by....

Guest racingchester

Who all is going from Phoenix? Might make it to the Tucson meeting place in 1 1/2 hours if you run about 90.

Takes me 1 3/4 hours to my daughters off Silverbell and ruthraff..... At 80ish.......

So right now it looks like:

Big Poppa

loving life

Jester & Susan

Vette Tax

bigmike32172

Z O Sick (playing catch up...lol)

Austin and Monica

racingchester

moi

We pick a meeting time yet?

Well, as Robert and Elizabeth, and subsequently Vanessa won't be making it, I suppose I am now the De-Facto leader of this hootenanny.

As it sits, we still have no arranged feeding destination. I will see what I can do to cure that, but suggestions are always welcome.

As I read through the postings, I have the attendance as follows:

Me: How ya doin...

Jester: 2

Austin: 2

Lovinglife: 2

Dewey: 1 based upon weather

Z 0 Sick: 1, meeting us half way

Yuma Rich: 2, meeting us at same spot as Z0Sick...

2ht2tch: Dunno

Phill's Vette: Dunno

VetteTax: Dunno

BigMike32172: Shopping for a Members Only jacket (may I recommend: Ross, Dress for less)

RacingChester: Maybe, looking to recruit travelling buddies.

Call all yer friends, let's see if we can get the numbers up a bit. I called all my friends, he wasn't home. Or, at least, he didn't answer. Stupid Caller ID.

Guest racingchester

The wife and I will come to Tucson Friday evening and stay with the GRAND KIDS. So see ya at the meeting place Saturday.......

Tony

Just my 2 scents....

OK... Well then I suppose Mapquest is lost. It placed Weitstone right about where Gas City is, right at I-10. If you want to PM me with yer number, I'll holla as we get close, or you can lay in wait for us and pounce as we go by....

Mapquest is correct but Weitstone runs a ways up from Gas City. Any who, here's my number 520-249-4308. I'm going to see if another Vette buddy from SV can make to.

Tony

Awesome. Look forward to meeting you. Yuma Rich is gonna be in SV that day and was thinking of meeting us at the same spot. Is there a particular gas station you had in mind? Maybe the two of you can meet up there before we all arrive....

Could eat at the Copper Queen....

That was one of the places that I was going to call today. Them and there are 2 steakhouses that I will call, and leave a report here later so we can all decide on a place. If no one cares one way or another, I'll just pick whatever sounds the most reasonable.

So far the Copper Queen is in the lead as it's the only one with a vote!!

Thank you for the heads up....

I plan to meet you at the intersection of 82 and 90. There is a Shell station on the southeast side, so I will be there waiting.

So right now it looks like:

I think I can make it. count me in for 2. Mikie

Big Poppa

loving life

Jester & Susan

Vette Tax

bigmike32172

Z O Sick (playing catch up...lol)

Austin and Monica

racingchester

moi

We pick a meeting time yet?

I plan to meet you at the intersection of 82 and 90. There is a Shell station on the southeast side, so I will be there waiting.

Here's my cell (520-249-4308), give me a call a day prior and we can set up a time and date we can meet up.

Tony

Will do. We will have to wait for Chris (Cra-z-Rbt)(Cra-z-Bny)to get a meeting/departure time from Wilmot & I-10. Or beter yet, what time is lunch supposed to go, then we can back up the time from there. Should take about an hour or so from Tucson to hook up with us, and another hour to get to Bisbee. So Chris, if you plan on noon lunch, you have to launch from your Shell station by 10.

Do we have a place designated to eat at yet?

So what's the deal? Do we have a final list and do we have a time set that Yuma Rich

and I can meet you guys at? I also want to add another Vette to the list. He's from Tucson so he will either meet up with the tucson crew or meet me at the Shell in Huachuca City.

Well, the plan has been for everyone to meet at the Shell at and no later than 10. I plan to be there a bit early, and I assume others do as well. I will do my very best to leave no later than 10:15. That puts us at the 82 and 90 around 11:15 to 11:30 by my estimation. My plan was to call Tony and Rich when I hit Sonoita, provided I have a cell signal. That should give you guys 20 or 30 mins or so advance notice. I have had a couple people mention eating at teh copper queen, so if there are no serious objections, that works for me. Tony, I reccomend you have your buddy meet up with us at the Shell station as the Tucson crew doesn't have another meet point planned.

I'm also looking for a volunteer with a radar detector to lead the group as I do not have one. I hadn't planned on setting any land speed records, but we all know how these things go...

The list as I have it...

Me: How ya doin...

Jester: 2

Austin: 2

Lovinglife: 2

Dewey: 1 based upon weather

Z 0 Sick: 1, meeting us half way

Z 0 Sick's friend: 1?

Yuma Rich: 2, meeting us at same spot as Z0Sick...

2ht2tch: Dunno

Phill's Vette: Dunno

VetteTax: Dunno

BigMike32172: Taking his Members Only jacket to the Barrett Jackson

RacingChester: 2

Quicksilver98: 2

Did I miss anyone?

So far, the weather channel has us clear and sunny this weekend.