NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

3RD ANNUAL MLK LUNCH AT TORTILLA FLATS

Guest racingchester

its not a 2 hour drive back into town. One variable tho. How much Vette talk there is may change the picture..... Chuck P.S Glad you can make it Eddie....

Ummm, holiday weekend. Traffic could be another issue.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Eddie44

• Robert and Elizabeth

• GarAB13

• Bigfoot

don't worry, I still have my Physical Therapy license; I'll treat your wrist over a beer at the end of the run. Mike :yeah:

Robert and Elizabeth
don't worry, I still have my Physical Therapy license; I'll treat your wrist over a beer at the end of the run. Mike :yeah:

Deal!!

Thats where the paved road ends. Bring down the Prescott bunch.... Chuck

Actually the road is paved for a couple miles past Tortilla Flats. After that the road is graded and passable for Vettes, but very dusty. It's worth taking some other car out there and on to Rosevelt lake sometime as the scenery is spectacular---especially the switch backs down Fish creek canyon.

Hawkeye

Guest racingchester

Took my 60 Vette to Globe via Tortilla Flat and Roosevelt lake in 1962.......G as was .75 a gallon at Roosevelt.

Add me as a strong possibility. I have the day off and I have made each MLK event since we first started going this day.

Phil... :devil

It looks like we're finally getting some response to this cruise. It really is a fun drive. For any of you that haven't been to Tortilla Flats it really is a fun drive with a lot of twisties. Not a lot of high speed driving either, just a fun drive and we should be back by 2 pm at the very latest. :partydance:

Hawkeye, Are you going?

Actually, it does sound like a great idea. I'll ck with the Boss.

Ok, I ckecked. We might make it---but--- we have Judy's neice comming from Mn to visit and we couldn't leave her home-----so----we would have to take the SUV, OR they could leave me home.

I do like going out there as they usually have a good 3 piece band on the patio with good burgers----then a drive further out and down Fish Creek Canyon to Apache Lake or all the way to Rosevelt Lake and then N to the junction with #87 (bee Line). Fun day

It would be mostly a cruise as the road there (twistys) are always full of tourists (like us) and bicycles. Go with the flow and enjoy the scenery. It's great!

Put me down as tenative. but---do have fun out there.

Hawkeye

Put you down for 3 Hawk........

That's a definate "maybe", but bump it to 5 as the brother inlaw and wife may come in the mini van. That way we can drop the Vette at the flats and all go down Fish creek canyon in one vehicle. I have to drive it in case the others have a heart attack on the switch backs going down. thinkof the air time.

Hawkeye

Put you down for 3 Hawk........

My little group won't be meetingat AZ Mills at 10:00, as we live east off Power RD,. SO...if we can make it, I suspect that we will wait for you some where off #88 (apache Trail), N of Brown Ave------say, at the Superstition Mts Museum, just before you get to Goldfield. If yousee a Red (of course) Vette there, pull in and we'll all introduce ourselves and be off quickly.

Hawkeye

If I remember correctly, we always made a stop at the Home Depot on Country Club and the US60. So I propose the Eastsiders meet there so we do not have to drive all the way to AZ Mills and then back east.

Chuck, how about we meet at Kmart 32nd and Cactus at 9:15 and cruise down there together? Anyone else up on the northside of town is welcome to meet us there. I just know Chuck and I are about a mile apart. I agree with Phil on Home Depot meeting spot for the rest of the group.

If I remember correctly, we always made a stop at the Home Depot on Country Club and the US60. So I propose the Eastsiders meet there so we do not have to drive all the way to AZ Mills and then back east.

What time Phil? Jim & I are still in for this! :banannarainbow:

Everyone will be meeting at Home Depot located at Gilbert and the 60 at 10 am.

Everyone will be meeting at Home Depot located at Gilbert and the 60 at 10 am.

Just a correction on the meeting place, Country Club and US 60 at 10:00 AM.