NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

3RD ANNUAL MLK LUNCH AT TORTILLA FLATS

Guest racingchester

Guest racingchester

I know a bunch of you work that day, but for those of you that don't , lunch and the twistys to the flats makes for a fun day.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Eddie44

• Robert and Elizabeth

• GarAB13

• Bigfoot

I don't get the day off but I'm going to have time to burn the first quarter of 08 so I might just take the day off for this one. I've been on the first two so I don't want to break my streak. I put it on my calendar.

I don't get the day off but I'm going to have time to burn the first quarter of 08 so I might just take the day off for this one. I've been on the first two so I don't want to break my streak. I put it on my calendar.

I like the idea, send the address and particulars and count me in.

Guest racingchester

The last couple of years we have met at AZ Mills and left about 10:00. Got to the Flats about 11:00. Early enough to beat some of the snow birds.

Well now, wait a minute....we're working 45 days ahead for this? I knew it was cold (aka, hell froze over), but wow! Good job Chuck for thinking ahead! :clap

I'll be on the wait and see list....

M~

Here's their website. It gives a little history, directions, etc. The road up there has some of the best twisties in the state.

Tortilla Flats

I take it that the restaurant is at the end of the paved road, is that correct? I love to see the state finish the road all the way to Roosevelt Lake, Velocity Vettes will be having a drive-out and lunch at the lake in Feb.

Jan 21st is my birthday, maybe I can talk the wife into going down with me and joining you all?

Thanks,

:thumbs

EFE Z06

• 4 weeks later...
Time is running out. Probably should get some kind of count so we can make reservations if necessary......

Chuck,

Is the road paved all the way to the restaurant and do they have a paved parking lot? If so, I may change a drive-out Velocity Vettes is scheduled to have to Yarnell (late Jan) and meet up with your group? What time were you thinking of meeting there? How many do you have signed up so far?

Thanks,

Ed

EFE Z06

Velocity Vettes

http://www.freewebs.com/velocityvettes/

Guest racingchester

Ed,

The road is paved to the resturant. Parking is not paved but its not a hazzard to the cars. As far as sign up it looks like about 6 cars so far. Chuck

Brain ship Ed. We have been getting there 11ish as to beat the crowd. (Snow birds) Leaving AZ Mills about 10:00.

Hey, If they love the GRAND kids as much as we love ours they WILL be GLAD to HAVE THEM for a few HOURS!!!!

Oh, they do, but they've got them them tonight. They'll need to take them again during the St. Mary's show we're going to do. And I don't believe that's all of it either...to include the 21st if we can do that. :lol

Robert and Elizabeth

Robert has to work, but I may go by myself........ maybe. I have physical therapy at 3pm. We should be back by then, right?

Guest racingchester

Thanks for the reply Ed. Hopfully next time. E as far as getting back by 3pm it should not be an issue. We should be done with lunch well before 1Pm and its not a 2 hour drive back into town. One variable tho. How much Vette talk there is may change the picture..... Chuck P.S Glad you can make it Eddie....