NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

ACE December Lunch at Joe's Real BBQ

Robert and Elizabeth

Robert and Elizabeth

Well, I guess it's time for me to do a few lunches around here again. For December I am choosing Joes Real BBQ in downtown Gilbert. This place is a favorite of ours. It has plenty of seating and parking too. The food is very good and is served cafeteria style and the line usually moves pretty quickly. Here is the menu with prices. Here is the map on how to find it. It is south of US60 between Guadalupe and Elliot roads on the NE corner of Page and Gilbert Rds.

NOTE: Please be mindful of the speed limits south of Guadalupe. The Gilbert LEOs frequent this area because it will slow to 25mph south of Guadalupe and they will most likely be there with their radars.

Joe's is GREAT! We go down there alot for dinner and I live in NE Phx.

If at all possible we'll be there but it's still too far out for confirmation.

Count me in.....You are right about the speed and Gilbert PD, I live bout a mile from there.

See you there....

Pete Flores (Vette 2000)

• 3 weeks later...

The girls are doing a performance at a retirement home around lunchtime that day, but Sean may decide to show up without me.

• 2 weeks later...

I'll be there if I pick up my Vette by then. My wife's favorite restaurant is right across the street (Oregano's). We've always wanted to try Joe's though.

Sorry to say but this has been moved back to the 1st (again)

The monthly newsletter will be out tonight with this info so everyone will know about it.

Man I miss Joe's BBQ. We would drive over every couple weeks and get some to take back home. It's hard to find good BBQ and once you do you never want to be without it.

Luckily around here there are so many BBQ places you can't drive 2 miles without seeing one. Some of the best BBQ to be found is at the roadside gas stations in some of these back woods town out in the middle of nowhere. If it's got a bunch of cars in front come noon time, then it's a good place to stop. If there is only one or two and they are stopping only for gas, keep on going to the next town.

Here is an actual review of one of our favorite places: "Comments

LOOKS LIKE THE BOARD OF HEALTH SHOULD CLOSE IT DOWN. GET BY THAT AND EAT THE BEST PULLED PORK IMAGINABLE. BEANS EXCELLENT AND COLE SLAW PERFECT FOR THE MEAT. JUCIEST PULLED PORK I'VE EVER EATEN. IF YOU'RE LUCKY, THE OWNER WILL TAKE YOU ROUND BACK AND SHOW YOU THE SMOKER. MAYBE HE'LL EVEN TEAR OFF A PIECE OR TWO WITH CRISPY SKIN. IF I'M EVER WITHIN 100 MILES, I'LL BE SURE TO STOP THERE."

Long drive for lunch, but I think I'm gonna make this one as well. And, as long as I'm getting off of the 10 onto the 202, maybe I should bring my video camera, I hear it's a good place to make videos....

Hey Yuma Rich, you and the missus gonna make this one?

I am going to try to make this one. The east valley is like a foreign country to me, so I'll try not to get lost or drive on the left. :burnout2

Robert and Elizabeth
E~

Sorry, can't make it afterall, will be on the road to Sandy Eggo.

Why?? It's raining there too ya know???? j/k :lol

We'll definitely miss you and Shirley. Have fun in Sandy Eggo. :thumbs

Robert and Elizabeth

As for parking, we will be parking in the large parking lot on your first right once on Page street just east of Joe's. Do not park on Page street or behind Joe's. It is pretty congested there and I don't want your vehicles dinged up. We most likely will drive the Denali due to the heavy rain.

For those of you who this is your first outing with ACE, you can easily spot us.... we are the loud obnoxious group with the ACE t-shirts on. :howdy:ACE:

This might be a good time to remind folks lunch is at 12:30 today. I had to look twice for the time in the original post. See ya all there! :howdy

This might be a good time to remind folks lunch is at 12:30 today. I had to look twice for the time in the original post. See ya all there! :howdy

Hi guys,

I'm new to ACE and was wondering if we have to get onto a sign in list for these events. We're thinking of making the BBQ lunch, if we can get there from Queen Creek (mud flows on roads.)

Hi guys,

I'm new to ACE and was wondering if we have to get onto a sign in list for these events. We're thinking of making the BBQ lunch, if we can get there from Queen Creek (mud flows on roads.)

No, just show up and introduce yourself. Hope you make it. :partydance:

Crap, we didn't read the thread in time and missed lunch. We weren't doing anything today either. Phil, I need to get with you to get my shirts and Jay's other sign for the car. We won't see you next week because we had other plans before the Poker Run was changed.