• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ChadC

• Eddie44

• Desertdawg

• Robert and Elizabeth

Guest Sidewinder
I just checked the weather report...

its a bit gusty. You may want to wear pants and or a light jacket.

WOW, Yeh it is...

Great job Chad! Even though we got lost for a short time and detained once we got back on track. Had a great time!

Robert and Elizabeth

Thanks Chad for doing a fantastic job with the "Mystery" cruse/curse/cruise thing. It was a lot of fun trying to solve the puzzles, well except that rocket science one! :confused

Well, I could not post up a link to my photobucket account for all of you to see it, so I guess I'll have to post each one individually.

Here we go.....

Here is Andrew and Melissa and Desertdawg and Jammye in front on Carefree Hwy heading west from I-17

ACEMysteryCruise10-21-2007018.jpg

Here we go up Yarnell hill....weeeeeeeeeee!

ACEMysteryCruise10-21-2007001.jpg

ACEMysteryCruise10-21-2007002.jpg

ACEMysteryCruise10-21-2007003.jpg

ACEMysteryCruise10-21-2007004.jpg

ACEMysteryCruise10-21-2007005.jpg

ACEMysteryCruise10-21-2007006.jpg

ACEMysteryCruise10-21-2007007.jpg

Finally over the top!

ACEMysteryCruise10-21-2007010.jpg

Robert and Elizabeth

Ok, here is more.....

Here is Eddie44 behind us outside of Yarnell

ACEMysteryCruise10-21-2007008.jpg

ACEMysteryCruise10-21-2007009.jpg

Here is Desertdawg and Jammye parked outside of the General Store in Skull Valley listening to the last puzzle piece to find out our final destination

ACEMysteryCruise10-21-2007011.jpg

It was so much fun even Sidewinder showed up (fashionably late of course!)

ACEMysteryCruise10-21-2007012.jpg

Here we are leaving the Mystery location of Goldwater Lake outside of Prescott with JER and jmartin in front

ACEMysteryCruise10-21-2007015.jpg

ACEMysteryCruise10-21-2007013.jpg

ACEMysteryCruise10-21-2007014.jpg

ACEMysteryCruise10-21-2007016.jpg

Robert and Elizabeth

Ok, last pictures below....

Here is beautiful Prescott on our way back from the lake

ACEMysteryCruise10-21-2007017.jpg

ACEMysteryCruise10-21-2007019.jpg

jmartin and JER again

ACEMysteryCruise10-21-2007020.jpg

Here is downtown Prescott

ACEMysteryCruise10-21-2007022.jpg

ACEMysteryCruise10-21-2007021.jpg

Way to go Chad!!! Very interesting approach for a cruise...even if some circumvented part of it :leaving Great job and I hope you got enough to cover the costs. :cheers Robert :burnout

Thanks again chad for setting this all up we had a great time and enjoyed the company and dam that cranberry walnut chicken salad stuff was good! We look forward to your next adventure. Kudos to you sir!

:agree Thanks to Chadley for the magical mystery cruise...just remember 'hexidecimal math' is for dweebs and we didn't fit the bill....great route(s) and food and company. M~Oops-thanks to Robert & Elizabeth, great pics! I was trying to get Eddie at the back of the pack up Yarnell, but someone kept the car swaying too hard....ahem. We'll be posting our pics soon, I'm sure.

I was trying to get Eddie at the back of the pack up Yarnell, but someone kept the car swaying too hard....ahem. We'll be posting our pics soon, I'm sure.

I guess I should have stayed with you guys. Teach me to think I'm smarter than the average Vette owner huh?

I was trying to get Eddie at the back of the pack up Yarnell, but someone kept the car swaying too hard....ahem. We'll be posting our pics soon, I'm sure.

I guess I should have stayed with you guys. Teach me to think I'm smarter than the average Vette owner huh?

Well, 'going straight' does have disadvantages. What was the story...61 in a 35? or maybe not...

M~

Well, 'going straight' does have disadvantages. What was the story...61 in a 35? or maybe not...

M~

Mystery-Cruise-011-web.gif

Next time Stay with the Pack!

I saw Eddie take a right when we went left and I figured he knew what he was doing.........

Congrats on the warning!

Andrew

What was the story...61 in a 35? or maybe not...

M~

No, 35+ in a 35 :D at least thats what the warning said. I feel bad for the Audi and he was a tourist from PA.

PS.

Cahd,

Great job setting this up!!! You did a great job. And if donation did not cover lunch, let me know!!!

Thanks again!!!!

Andrew

EDIT: Pix will be posted soon from us too......

Thank you all for going on this trip.

It makes my day that everyone is having a good time. That is what’s important.

Cliff notes for those slackers who did not attend.

The Mystery Location wat at Goldwater Lake in Prescott.

We stated off at GCC parking lot. ½ of the crew went north on I17, and cut across to Carefree Highway, while the other half went straight to Hwy 60. The goal was to drive through Skull Valley and seen the small town feel.

Phil and Robert stayed put and worked on the puzzles by them selves. Once they solved the last Puzzle and learned the Mystery Location was in Prescott, they booked up I17 and went straight there. … cheaters :-P

Mikey and his wife was the first ones there (after missing Hwy 60 and driving to Sun City) Followed by Jmartin, Robert, Phil, and soon after Robert n’ Beth (sorry If I forgot any ones names I did not take notes and Im a bit fuzzy at the time of this posting).

From there everyone ate and shared stories of who got lost, who got pulled over, who couldn’t read directions, and who can’t do Hexadecimal Math (that is everyone).

OK things I have learned.

No math (hexadecimal or otherwise) questions. Period.

Have a Tip jar in place; That was a foe pa on my part. To be frank I felt a bid ‘off’ accepting money from generous people wanting to help ‘cover my expenses’. I did not do this event to break even. I hosted this as a way of giving back to the ACE club.

Thank you to all, whom donated to me to help cover food n’ stuff.

I thank you from the bottom of my heart.

I got a very positive response from this event and I will be doing another one again after the first of the year.

Cheers

Chad

Chad, thanks again for planning this event. I kept hearing great stories from everyone on how much fun they had with the event. But for some reason, I do not know why they had a problem with Hexadecimals. No one should leave home without a Hex Calculator, isn't that right QuikTrip?

I spent a little time with my pictures and incorporated Robert & Elizabeth's pictures into a Web Photo Slide Show. Hope everyone enjoys the pictures we took.

Here is the link to the picture slide show:

ACE Mystery Cruise 2007

Chad, what a fantastic day, We really had fun.

Big Kudo's to you, your first ACE cruise was killer.....:thumbs

We had fun with the puzzles, and even having to wait for R&E to catch up all day was fun!

Sorry we tossed your salad on the way home, but with Robert, Mark and Phil pushing us down yarnell hill I didn't want to fry the brakes. Jammye even said the curves were fun (at least thats what I think she said)... :leaving

We can't wait for the next one!

Chad, what a fantastic day, We really had fun.

Big Kudo's to you, your first ACE cruise was killer.....:thumbs

We had fun with the puzzles, and even having to wait for R&E to catch up all day was fun!

Sorry we tossed your salad on the way home, but with Robert, Mark and Phil pushing us down yarnell hill I didn't want to fry the brakes. Jammye even said the curves were fun (at least thats what I think she said)... :leaving

We can't wait for the next one!

I don't even have the nads to go near that one..........Thank you very much!!!

Ken

I wondered about the new avatar Chad..........

Chad...."You 'da Man"

After getting lost a few times and losing our cell phone signal, we thought were going to be bringing up the rear.

I put my faith in Valentine One (are you listening Eddie?) and somehow arrived first.

The funniest story we heard was Dawg having to wait on Robert & Elizabeth to catch up!

We can't wait for your next "non-hexidecimal" mystery cruise!

Mike & Shirley

I don't even have the nads to go near that one..........Thank you very much!!!

Ken

I wondered about the new avatar Chad..........

Half way down the twisties, Chad comes on the radio and say's " I have sandwich's flying all around the back of my truck" it just digressed from there...