• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bigfoot

• MOTV8

• Desertdawg

• Bob

Top Posters In This Topic

Yanno ..could have a few more categories :)

Slowest Vert

Slowest Coupe

Best reaction time

Worst reaction time

Longest distance traveled

Longest burnout off the line

Suggest only one award per car to spread 'em around a bit.

Prize could be text added to yer Avatar here .. where it counts :)

-Frank

lets see, 0-60mph in 11 seconds and an estimated 1/4 of 26 seconds...i think i am a real good chance of taking the slowest coupe prize. i gotta come down for some racing soon. never dragged raced before.

or maybe if no one else bought there car for $4000 i could go for the fastest $4000 corvette, or corvette with over 196,000 miles with no engine work or mods ever done.

lets see, 0-60mph in 11 seconds and an estimated 1/4 of 26 seconds...i think i am a real good chance of taking the slowest coupe prize. i gotta come down for some racing soon. never dragged raced before.

or maybe if no one else bought there car for $4000 i could go for the fastest $4000 corvette, or corvette with over 196,000 miles with no engine work or mods ever done.

Robert has you beat on mileage...although he does have a few mods. :banannasword:

yea i knew about the miles, thats why i had to add the mods to it.

guess i should just stick with the slowest coupe.

estimated 1/4 of 26 seconds...

Brian, you should be in the mid 15's Thats about where they run stock.

Had my '95 ZX-9R at 140+ and still accelerating on the sweepers up to Globe way back then.

The 9R was a great bike! I especially liked the royal blue color, kinda like Electron Blue. :cheers

Had my '95 ZX-9R at 140+ and still accelerating on the sweepers up to Globe way back then.

The 9R was a great bike! I especially liked the royal blue color, kinda like Electron Blue. :cheers

Mine was the all metallic "wine" color. No black and silver. Great bike though indeed.

Mine was the all metallic "wine" color. No black and silver. Great bike though indeed.

Well, since we're on a 9R digression....the main reason I bought mine: my 2000 model is still the fastest production 900 tested by Sport Rider at 173.5 mph. Mine has seen an indicated 175 on ONE occasion, then I had to go change pants. :unsure

I'll trade up to Sidewinders black ZX10 when he relents and accepts my patheticly lowball offer.... :ninja: End hijack.

Hey Bob, have you had your 'vert to the track since the blower mod? I'd love to see what she'll do...and are you down for the Fat Guy in a 'vert Battle Royale???

Not that you're fat. I don't even know you! LMAO

Well, since we're on a 9R digression....the main reason I bought mine: my 2000 model is still the fastest production 900 tested by Sport Rider at 173.5 mph. Mine has seen an indicated 175 on ONE occasion, then I had to go change pants. :unsure

I'll trade up to Sidewinders black ZX10 when he relents and accepts my patheticly lowball offer.... :ninja: End hijack.

Hey Bob, have you had your 'vert to the track since the blower mod? I'd love to see what she'll do...and are you down for the Fat Guy in a 'vert Battle Royale???

Not that you're fat. I don't even know you! LMAO

I'm a NOTORIOUS threadjacker!! Sorry...... :cuss

MOTV8 - I just got the car back from Kenne Bell the third week in March, so no I haven't had it to the track. I was just getting used to it then the heat hit. I definitely will take it when the air cools down, it runs 20' hotter when it's above 100', and when you ride it hard it goes searchin' for the red!!

Yes, I will do the fat guy in the Vert Race. :partydance: I'm 6'3 240 lbs!! :rockon2: Then we can go have a beer.... :drinkers

Yes, I will do the fat guy in the Vert Race. :partydance: I'm 6'3 240 lbs!! :rockon2: Then we can go have a beer.... :drinkers

Sweet...my 6'3" is skinny at 225lbs. :smilelol Still cannot run vs. that Kenne Bell though...but I can still have fun watching it drive away. :scareddriver:

I thought the main reason Drew never went to the track was the lack of a roll cage in that beast.

That's reason #1. It sucks to high heaven to go down to the track and get booted after 1 pass and sit there all night.

When Mike sets the deal up at speedworld I should be able to make a few passes because the track will be rented. :partydance:

Thats what I'm waiting for also, the one downfall to owning a vert. :scareddriver:

Yeah you guys get the shaft for sure at the track.

• 2 weeks later...

So tell me (so I don't have to go to Fireturd or Speedworld's web site), for Verts is it under 13 sec has to have a roll bar?? Any other special rules for Verts?

Thanks.......

So tell me (so I don't have to go to Fireturd or Speedworld's web site), for Verts is it under 13 sec has to have a roll bar?? Any other special rules for Verts?

Thanks.......

You are correct about the under 13 second thing, BUT on 'club' days the rules seem to get relaxed. Speedworld lets me run, admittedly at only 12.9, but they've never said anything to me. Now, if you go out and run a 12.2, they might tell you to take it easy....

Or if you're too quick, you can ease off at the eigth mile, and do some math to figure your 1/4 mile time....

You'll probably need a helmet, but I have a couple and don't mind sharing.

I sent a pm to Joe at Scottsdale Exotic Car Club to inquire about their 'Day at the Drags' on SATURDAY, November 3rd. I'm hoping we can join them and enjoy a full day of racing instead of trying to squeeze us in on an 'open' club Sunday and only getting a couple passes each.

Besides, who would you rather line up against, the Dodge Neon club, or the Porsche/Lambo/Ferrari guys??? :phil evil:

Guest joe@scottsdaleexoticcarclub.com

Thanks.......

You are correct about the under 13 second thing, BUT on 'club' days the rules seem to get relaxed. Speedworld lets me run, admittedly at only 12.9, but they've never said anything to me. Now, if you go out and run a 12.2, they might tell you to take it easy....

Or if you're too quick, you can ease off at the eigth mile, and do some math to figure your 1/4 mile time....

You'll probably need a helmet, but I have a couple and don't mind sharing.

I sent a pm to Joe at Scottsdale Exotic Car Club to inquire about their 'Day at the Drags' on SATURDAY, November 3rd. I'm hoping we can join them and enjoy a full day of racing instead of trying to squeeze us in on an 'open' club Sunday and only getting a couple passes each.

Besides, who would you rather line up against, the Dodge Neon club, or the Porsche/Lambo/Ferrari guys??? :phil evil:

We would be happy to have you guys come out on the 3rd!! ACE and the SECC have a great history together! If ACE can get at least 25 cars confirmed, we can let you guys have your own lane.

I've spoken at length with Butch, Race Director for Speedworld, and he had told me that he'll let us run down to 10.0 with no cage, but you must have a helmet for 13.99 and faster.

I'm in Dean. Better get this started in the events section. :thumbs

Done deal, R&E got the thread started there: ACE and SECC drags 11/03/07 :banannadance:

Thanks for the invite Joe! :thumbs

I hope some of our mondo-hp 'vettes show for this to give those exotics a run as well! :devil

:3gears:

:banghead Dang it, I'm going to be in Eugene, OR on 11/3 (Sun Devils/Ducks)........

evilsmirk.gifExcellent! I stand a much better chance at the ragtop title with that blown 'vert sitting out. :banannarainbow:

J/K We'll miss you Bob, ...maybe I'll get a chance to run down that 'red baron' 'vert of yours someday....snoopyhouse.gif

Everybody else: clear your schedules! :phil evil: