Top Posters In This Topic

• Bigfoot

• MOTV8

• Desertdawg

• Bob

Top Posters In This Topic

Can I get in on this as an honorary Fat Guy who used to own a vert? :D

NO!!!!

But if you can't find any fat C6 guys to play with, I have a sazwall!

Can I get in on this as an honorary Fat Guy who used to own a vert? :D

NO!!!!

But if you can't find any fat C6 guys to play with, I have a sazwall!

Just because a C6's roof can fly off involuntarily doesn't make them ragtops. :devil

And just because Chad gets some headers and burns through a clutch doesn't make him a 'launch master'....'lunch master' maybe...you may beat me at chickenwingery Chad, just make sure that greasy smile and follicle-challenged dome of yours is at the track. :chris

ooo ....... I'm thinkin October would be *great*

(cooler 'normal' temps, time to get mods in an worked out for those doin em, an stuff)

-Frank (just sayin ..I'd be there for Friday or Saturday runnin :)

rotund ragtoppers

"Fastest Fat Guy in a 'Vert"???

Ok Dean, since were not defending the area we live in I figured we could seperate ourselves better with a banner.

gallery_3_3_25524.jpg

After we decide who won, the winner can proudly display a special banner.

gallery_3_3_85687.jpg

I will talk to speedworld and get an event going for september or october :)

PLZ schedule around the calendar...if possible. OCT 13 is the trip to Laughlin. Thanks Mike!

rotund ragtoppers

"Fastest Fat Guy in a 'Vert"???

Ok Dean, since were not defending the area we live in I figured we could seperate ourselves better with a banner.

gallery_3_3_25524.jpg

After we decide who won, the winner can proudly display a special banner.

gallery_3_3_85687.jpg

That's awesome Dawg! I'll display it proudly!!! :devil

The way I figure, all the mondo-hp guys will be playing "my jimmy's bigger" and running 10 and 11 second passes. This way us lowly slow-asses can also compete for braggin' rights, and the chicken wings will be the "x-factor"! :smilelol

I'm sure the overall fast guys will want something similar, and maybe even the city vs. city winners (i.e. "Fastest in Surprise", etc..), so keep that chop handy! :yesnod

The way I figure, all the mondo-hp guys will be playing "my jimmy's bigger" and running 10 and 11 second passes. This way us lowly slow-asses can also compete for braggin' rights, and the chicken wings will be the "x-factor"! :smilelol

I'm sure the overall fast guys will want something similar, and maybe even the city vs. city winners (i.e. "Fastest in Surprise", etc..), so keep that chop handy! :yesnod

One problem Dean...you don't fit in the "fat" guy category...hell, I'm closer to "fat" than you are. :smilelol:smilelol:smilelol

One problem Dean...you don't fit in the "fat" guy category...hell, I'm closer to "fat" than you are. :smilelol:smilelol:smilelol

Whoa. You checkin' me out? :smilelol

To avoid self-incrimination, I'll pass on posting any man-boob or 'dunlap' disease photos....but I'll take a body fat percentage test anyday....in fact, hold on.....

I'm 6', weigh 201, bodyfat 27% says the scale. Wife just says "you're gettin' fat."

My disadvantage will be the chickin wing-off. I think we'll each get a set time to eat as many wings as possible, and that number will be subtracted from the track time. So if I run a 12, but only eat 5 wings in 60 seconds or whatever, then Dawg can run a 13 and eat 6 or 7 wings and beat me. We'll work it out. Film at eleven.

Now back to the Fastest Corvette smack-off. Sean, you can run in the Fastest Retiree category. :smilelol

Yanno ..could have a few more categories :)

Slowest Vert

Slowest Coupe

Best reaction time

Worst reaction time

Longest distance traveled

Longest burnout off the line

Suggest only one award per car to spread 'em around a bit.

Prize could be text added to yer Avatar here .. where it counts :)

-Frank

I think I could compete for slowest Vert. Or fastest fat guy in a C3 Vert in Avondale...

Seriously, I would be happy to drive to and from Speedworld without having to fix anything without the stress of making 1/4 mile passes in an old car. I'd be happy as hell to watch everyone, though!

• 2 weeks later...

You're all dreamers. Cow pies...city against city? :smilelol:smilelol I got all of Canada lickin my boots........ :smilelol:smilelol:smilelol Hang in there Dean, verts rule! :devil

Now back to the Fastest Corvette smack-off. Sean, you can run in the Fastest Retiree category. :smilelol

If I could keep it in a straight line I'd compete for that! :yesnod

I could maybe claim fastest in Gilbert but Robert and Elizabeth live here. :banghead Guess I gotta move!!! :thumbs

Or I could use this?

Busa.jpg

Or this if we're going "naturally aspirated.... :smilelol

Zipp.jpg

If I could keep it in a straight line I'd compete for that! :yesnod

Well Eddie, just keep the TC/AH on. That should keep you straight. :smilelol

I don't care if I'm fastest or not...but I sure as hell will put her on the track!!! I ain't sceered. :smilelol

Robert and Elizabeth
I could maybe claim fastest in Gilbert but Robert and Elizabeth live here. :banghead Guess I gotta move!!! :thumbs

Don't forget about Phil (1evilc5) who lives in Gilbert too. He is 575rwhp. :yesnod

BTW, is that your Hyabusa in the pic????? If it is, you've got big nuts to ride that monster! :thumbs

R & E

Guest Z01Mike

wow count me in also! Though i am basically stock i want to race stock vs stock vettes. I just sank all of my cash into a new business venture but if the return is right i plan on a new Z06 next year and then send the 03 to AZPS for some serious upgrades!

If there's a catagory for:

"Fastest Fattest Retired Guy in a Stock Coupe from Snottsdale"....Then count me in.

The FFRG/SCFS??? You're in. :thumbs Just bring your proof of address.

Update: I just put in fresh Royal Purple and practiced a 60 second wing binge, now I know I'll have Chad beat! :smilelol

It's only August, but when is this shindig? Any word back from Mike? :huh:

It's only August, but when is this shindig? Any word back from Mike? :huh:

I was talking to Mike yesterday and he said that he was going to contact Speedworld to try and set up a date soon.

• 2 weeks later...
Don't forget about Phil (1evilc5) who lives in Gilbert too. He is 575rwhp. :yesnod

BTW, is that your Hyabusa in the pic????? If it is, you've got big nuts to ride that monster! :thumbs

R & E

Yeah, I forgot about Phil too. I'm only a scant 467 rwhp.... :banannarainbow:

The Hayabusa "was" mine, sold it to get the Vette. Was actually my second one. Seems like I go Hayabusa, Vette, Hayabusa, Vette, You know thye're coming out with a new one in October? Nah, gonna keep this Vette for awhile. My last Bus made 182 RWHP on just exhaust PCIIIR and some exhaust and intake cams. I was thinking turbo, then decided to go Vette again (and live!!). They are actually amazingly easy to ride, very good all around bike. It amazed me that you could do sweepers at 130 MPH and be ABSOLUTELY planted to the road. Bikes 10 years ago wouldn't do that.

:thumbs

-tries to imagine a 130mph sweeper ..

a dirt patch ..

or a lady in a Camry cuttin left across two lanes ..

or even 2 peices of gravel in the wrong place..

Gave up that kinda excitement awhile ago ;)

-Frank (180k road miles split tween my '78 Gold Wing and '88 Shadow 1100,

..never had to lay either one down, but there were two near misses when God was drivin)

-tries to imagine a 130mph sweeper ..

a dirt patch ..

or a lady in a Camry cuttin left across two lanes ..

or even 2 peices of gravel in the wrong place..

Gave up that kinda excitement awhile ago ;)

-Frank (180k road miles split tween my '78 Gold Wing and '88 Shadow 1100,

..never had to lay either one down, but there were two near misses when God was drivin)

Aye Frank, you like to ride? The differnence between my '98 Kaw Ninja ZX-11 and the '00 Hayabusa was like night and day. The ZX was not stable in that 130 mph sweeper (front end wallow), the Hayabusa you could literally do with one hand on your thigh. We used to come down from Flagstaff and only drop to 100 mph once or twice in turns coming off Sunset Point. The rest of time it was 120-140 mph, and yeah, I've had some Camry's pull out into the fast lane at inopportune moments but I figure that's "on me" if I'm doin' a buck-thirty. :partyspin:

As you know the stakes are high on a bike. Wad up yer Vette and you have to get body work done. Wad up a bike at freeway speeds and you gotta find a pine box for yer own body!! It's in my blood so I know I'll have another one. Honestly, I would get these weird premonitions that something bad was going to happen and I'd sell it.

The Vette (vert with supercharger) is doing a superb job staving off my bike desires. The C5 is just an incredible car, and a nice one can be had for $20k. Add FI and it get's really fun.....