NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

4th of July car show and fireworks

BSeery

A.C.E. has received an invitation from Covenant International Church in Glendale to show our Corvettes at their yearly 4th of July celebration.

-------

Dear A.C.E.,

I am an event coordinator at a local church in Glendale called Covenant International Church. We are having our annual 4th of July celebration at our facility which is adjacent to Glendale Community College. We have congregation of approximately 2000 members and generally have a very good showing every year. We would like to know if individuals from your car club would be interested in showing off their corvettes at our event. We are looking for a minimum of at least 10 cars for a nice show. Corvettes & July 4th seem like a great combination. We would wave any costs associated for the children of families for rides that we will have here (6 different inflatable rides and 32' climbing wall, music, games booths). Please let me know if you are interested.

Thank You for you time,

Chris Juhl

Special Events Administrator

623-842-8421 x209

-------

They would like us to arrive between 5:00 and 5:30 to get the cars set up and do any last minute detailing before the big event starts at 6:00 p.m.

They will have some water rides and inflatable rides for the kids, and those will be free to the families that bring their Corvette out to show.

At 9:00 p.m. the city of Glendale has their fireworks display right near the church and we would get a really good spot to view them.

They are asking for 10 cars, I can't see why we couldn't do 15-20 or more.

Please RSVP here to let me know if you are going. Don't forget to bring some chairs to sit and relax and watch the fireworks.

Covenant Christian Fellowship

8807 N 61st Ave

Glendale, AZ 85302

Have to admit, being I live right across the street from GCC and very close to the church in question, have never seen or heard of those fireworks :crazy:

Now GCC does do a display :eek: I on another subject will be relegated to duties in T-Town that evening :cuss

The church is not doing the fireworks, they said that Glendale does and it happens at the GCC.

my aunt lives right around there too - south east corner of 59th and olive!

i will be in the area anyhow - so i'll TRY and get my car cleaned up so i can participate as well! :burnout:

3,503 lbs of trouble

I may do this. Who else is confirmed at this point?

OK -- I want to see if we can get at least 10 Corvettes committed to this.

This group asked for us by name and they want CORVETTES. Not mustangs, or chevelles or old classic cars -- they want CORVETTES. They could have asked for Desert Corvette or another one of the large clubs, but they asked for us.

They said it's just "American" to have the 4th of July, the party and picnic and Corvettes all together.

So -- I need to be able to tell them that we will be there -- who is coming ??!!??

Guest racingchester

Are they looking for pristine cars? I feel mine looks good from 10 feet but show quality it isn't. If its not an issue count me in.

Are they looking for pristine cars? I feel mine looks good from 10 feet but show quality it isn't. If its not an issue count me in.

if i don't get my idle problem fixed - i'm not goin'!

i haven't had time to clean her up - still haven't washed her from the run to kamerons!

F'in idle problems!

coming soon - black 1992 corvette FOR SALE! :toetap

if i don't get my idle problem fixed - i'm not goin'!

i haven't had time to clean her up - still haven't washed her from the run to kamerons!

F'in idle problems!

Guest XLR8TNC5

*Sigh* I suppose I can bring my car. I don't know when I will have time to wash it. Im trying to get this party organized and then I will be cleaning up the place on Sunday.

I will do my best to bring my car. (I just don't really feel it is a show quality car) but if you insist. Im not popping the hood, as I know I will most definitly NOT have time to detail the engine.

*Sigh* I suppose I can bring my car. I don't know when I will have time to wash it.

I'm sure you could work out a deal with Mark to do it while he's doing his :D

I'll be there too Bryan :yesnod

Guest c5-2001vertman

Bryan

What are the directions or address of this place? I might try to make it.

Bryan

What are the directions or address of this place? I might try to make it.

I'm guessing it's right across from GCC on southside of Dunlap/Olive (for you eastsiders Dunlap turns into Olive in Glendale) even though it's a 61st Ave address.

8807 N 61st Ave

Glendale, AZ 85302

Bryan

What are the directions or address of this place?  I might try to make it.

I'm guessing it's right across from GCC on southside of Dunlap/Olive (for you eastsiders Dunlap turns into Olive in Glendale) even though it's a 61st Ave address.

8807 N 61st Ave

Glendale, AZ 85302

if i don't get my idle problem fixed  - i'm not goin'!

F'in idle problems!

What do you need to get this fixed ?

For those creative people with printers, you may want to try making a "spec sheet" for your car.

Just something simple that says the year, what options the car has, maybe your best 1/4 mile speed (or maybe you want to keep that hidden) and what custom work you have done.

Here is one I have for my car.

Type one up, print it out and tape it to the window.

Guest LikeNu2

My wife and I are talking about going. The 5 pm start time should allow the day to start to cool off a bit too.

Guest XLR8TNC5

I plan to get my car cleaned up, but as far as printing out a sheet, i dont have a working printer right now. But that was a VERY good idea and had I seen t his at the office, I would have done it for everyone.

Ill try to see what I can do though for my ride.

See you all later today.

T