Friday Night Drags 4/13

ICULUKN

Who is going... Im going to make some 1/2 track passes... till the end of the night...

Have to work on the 2 step launches... with new drag radials.

Is this track staying open all night, because the 14th is Saturday or did I miss something again... :banghead I may be going to Firebird this Friday night to run the car down the track and do some WOT data logging. :burnout

date fixed... Im really surprised at this group... When I had the blue car everyone used to come out to run... and watch me get kicked off.

Tomorrow night is going to the last good drag day of the season... There will be plenty of 9-10 second cars there.... even if you dont race, come to watch.

Would love to...but we have a wedding on Saturday and have obligations the day before...my son is ring bearer. sigh I hate weddings.

We will probably be there. I'm an early worker on Saturday too but we havent been out in awhile.

Andrew

... Im really surprised at this group...

I would like to go, but my kitchen pass is suspended for now, way to many honey-do's to get done before it gets hot!!!

I went with Tom and Jim a few weeks ago, but they didn't run, so we just watched for ahwile.

I'd go but it would mean that I'd have to put the targa top on.....just kidding, I'll be there. :thumbs Robert :burnout

Not a bad night of racing.. no one broke...

Great to see everyone again....

I only got one run in... 10.8@139...

I think Andrew got it on tape.

I hope Glenn's pass came out, I haven't looked at it or downloaded it yet. I probably won't get to it till Monday. Sorry..... I also got some good pix of other cars that are not Corvettes...... Huh, not Corvettes?????

Man there musta been at least 166 cars out there. When we left they were still tech'ing cars in....... We would have stayed a little later but we have to work on Saturdays too....... At least I didn't go to work hungover this time........ First time this week.......LOL.

It was definately awesome racing weather. It was great to see all of you. Man, I didn't realize it has been so long since we've been out with the ACE posse...... Yup, I said "posse"....

Andrew

Guest Ricmin

I ran last night too. Here in Tucson. SLICK track for street tires. I actually ran quicker times in Denver, on runflats when the car was bone stock.

I was spinning easily in 3rd. It was so slick, I watched a JR dragster spin tires at 200 ft out and turn into the wall.

Guest UVETTYA
It was definately awesome racing weather. It was great to see all of you. Man, I didn't realize it has been so long since we've been out with the ACE posse...... Yup, I said "posse"....

Andrew

Who all was there?

I was there, Glen, Phil, Jim, Robert and a few more I think and a boat load of cars! :lol

Bad Parameter

A parameter is missing or incorrect. If you copied and pasted the URL, please re-check it.

If you need help please consult the Phanfare Support Site.

Dang Andrew, it's only 2:45 am... you really stink at the intraweb this late at night.... :lol

I had to work Friday nite otherwise would have been there.

On the plus side, since the storm rained dirt all over the car, I went to war with the water spotting it left etched into the paint.

-oh boy- !!

Tried out the new Meguire's Next gen wax .. after runnin the buffer all over the car with Scratch X .. still got some very faint ghosts of water spots but I dont wanna grind the paint anymore than I hafta.. and that new wax works very well.

A bit more work to put on/take off than Adam's buttery wax .. but it leaves a bit smoother result ie: less cobwebbing/fine scratches visible.

Even the wife noticed .. said 'We really need to get the Vette a new paint job' .. -grin-

-Frank an Kathy

Try this link

What Phil said..........

I'm adding some more vids so check em' out in a few.....

Andrew

I would like to say that it was a good night, but the cool weather was the only good thing. The lines were rediculously long and my clutch was slipping. Also, wanted to ask you guys about an intermittent problem that I think was affecting my performance that night as well. My check engine light comes on & the code is for the air temp sensor. I have replaced the sensor & the code went away. But it will come back on if the car is running warm. Any thoughts?

Jim

I would like to say that it was a good night, but the cool weather was the only good thing. The lines were rediculously long and my clutch was slipping. Also, wanted to ask you guys about an intermittent problem that I think was affecting my performance that night as well. My check engine light comes on & the code is for the air temp sensor. I have replaced the sensor & the code went away. But it will come back on if the car is running warm. Any thoughts?

Jim

Just a shot in the dark...but I would check resistance in the lead up to the sensor. Could be reading high or an intermitent.

Jim

Just a shot in the dark...but I would check resistance in the lead up to the sensor. Could be reading high or an intermitent.

Thanks, I checked it at the track & since then it hasn't come on again, but the waiting game is on.

Jim

I would like to go, but my kitchen pass is suspended for now, way to many honey-do's to get done before it gets hot!!!

I went with Tom and Jim a few weeks ago, but they didn't run, so we just watched for ahwile.

Now we know the truth and who wears the pants in the family. Doh! Take the skirt off and "Git er done..." :lol

Guys

Great pictures of the drags. I wish I had read these msgs and known that you all were going to the Firebird strip on Fri, as I went to speed world by myself on Sat. night --- first time at the strip. I didn't really know what to do and had trouble staging and getting off the line with the new C6 auto with the stock tires, and my best time was 13.4 at 108. I'd like to know if this is a simi decent time for a newby racer or really poor? Any comments?

On that last (but best) pass I think I rolled through the starting lights with the breaks still on because as I put torque on the tranny the car edged forward as the lights went down and I didn't get the brakes off as fast as I mashed the gas.

What should I be looking for in time and MPH with a stock C6 auto?

Hawkeye