NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

2019 Prescott Vette Sette Car Show

HarleyPat

That is a great idea.

Unfortunately, I cannot commit to a weekend close to the show as we will be out of state helping my daughter prep for her wedding early October.

We are not sure which week in October we are traveling until she sets stuff up with her bridal party, but we may end up returning on Thursday the day before we are going to Prescott.

She is planning on avoiding the week before the show if possible.

It would be great if someone else plans the detail day.

I have a feeling that I will be driving up to Prescott with cleaning stuff to do a last minute prep....I may have to enter it in the " Concours d'Lemons " class. 😋

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HarleyPat

• Chameleon

• SixAddict

• Corvette Ed

I'll be going up to see the show, but won't be participating in it this year. Hopefully I will be there next year as part of the group. My car is still only about 80% as far as my paint goes, even after Classic Gold worked on it, and I'm not going to show it in its current condition.

11 hours ago, Corvette Ed said:

I'll be going up to see the show, but won't be participating in it this year. Hopefully I will be there next year as part of the group. My car is still only about 80% as far as my paint goes, even after Classic Gold worked on it, and I'm not going to show it in its current condition.

Great to hear to you will attend the show, at least as a spectator.  However, please don't rule out putting your Vette in the show because it’s “only 80%.”  This event has some “show” cars, but there are a lot of “enthusiast” cars as well.  My Vette is a daily driver, the only car I own.  I always put it in the show.  Never won anything, but I don't expect to.  I put it in the show for the fun of participating with other ACE folks (we roll in together and park together), and because it is then safely parked in plain sight all day.  The show is an all day activity for me, and I don't like leaving my Vette in the parking garage or sitting on a side street somewhere all day unattended.  

Look forward to seeing you there, and I hope you decide to put your car in the show!

14 hours ago, NativeAz said:

That is a great idea.

Unfortunately, I cannot commit to a weekend close to the show as we will be out of state helping my daughter prep for her wedding early October.

We are not sure which week in October we are traveling until she sets stuff up with her bridal party, but we may end up returning on Thursday the day before we are going to Prescott.

She is planning on avoiding the week before the show if possible.

It would be great if someone else plans the detail day.

I have a feeling that I will be driving up to Prescott with cleaning stuff to do a last minute prep....I may have to enter it in the " Concours d'Lemons " class. 😋

Wow, you have a busy month coming up!

I'll be right there with you in the Consours d'Lemons class, LOL! 

10 hours ago, Chameleon said:

Great to hear to you will attend the show, at least as a spectator.  However, please don't rule out putting your Vette in the show because it’s “only 80%.”  This event has some “show” cars, but there are a lot of “enthusiast” cars as well.  My Vette is a daily driver, the only car I own.  I always put it in the show.  Never won anything, but I don't expect to.  I put it in the show for the fun of participating with other ACE folks (we roll in together and park together), and because it is then safely parked in plain sight all day.  The show is an all day activity for me, and I don't like leaving my Vette in the parking garage or sitting on a side street somewhere all day unattended.  

Look forward to seeing you there, and I hope you decide to put your car in the show!

What she said! 😎

Yes Ed you should register just for the sake of a safe parking spot, plus we can all cruise in together.

I had issues with it also, ended up doing it the old fashion way, check, envelope, post stamp and mail, what a chore.......lol

1 hour ago, Corvette Ed said:

I'm trying to register for the show, but the PDF won't let me edit. What am I doiing wrong?

Try contacting Tom O’Connor  at 602 317 5455

prescottcarshow19@gmail.com

On 8/29/2019 at 8:37 PM, HarleyPat said:

Try contacting Tom O’Connor  at 602 317 5455

prescottcarshow19@gmail.com

Thanks, I'll reach out to him and get my registration done.

Is anyone else going to be heading up early Saturday morning to do just the show?

3 minutes ago, Corvette Ed said:

Thanks, I'll reach out to him and get my registration done.

Is anyone else going to be heading up early Saturday morning to do just the show?

Yes Ed, there usually is a group that runs up in the morning, we meet just outside of town (Prescott) and then proceed in together as a group. 

Last year  we went up Friday, but man does it get crowded in town and around town, restaurants are packed, and parking in town is hard to get. I must be getting old,  I'm just not into crowds in certain settings.....lol. The show is all together different.

I’ll be driving up Saturday morning through Wickenburg if anyone wants to join me. Let me know if interested and we can decide on a meet place and time and head out from there. 😎

Once in Prescott we meet at the Mile High Middle School parking lot off Mantezuma and Carlton.  From there we drive in to the show as a group so we can all park together. 😎

One last thing...we will be leaving early....really early. 😎

12 hours ago, HarleyPat said:

Oh no, here we go again...........:smilelol

We're driving up Saturday and plan to meet up with others at the McDonald's on Carefree Highway just East of the 17 at 6:00 to depart at 6:30. Straight drive up the 17 for us. Let's have some fun!

Trophies? We don't need no stinkin trophies! 😀

On 8/31/2019 at 8:18 AM, Corvette Ed said:

Ed, there is usually one group running up the twisties on Saturday morning (this year with HarleyPat) and another group running up I-17 (this year with Herman).  

As HarleyPat says, we meet at the Middle School on Saturday morning, and details for that will be provided in the first post of this thread when the time gets closer.  That meetup is for ACE peeps who want to park together inside the show.  If you want to roll in later (as German says) that is totally fine too. 

Do whatever works for you.  Not a lot of rules around here. . .  :P

I'm driving up on Friday; they're having a Pub Crawl on Whiskey Row, and I don't want to miss that. . .  :drinkers

Anyone else interested in running up the twisties on Friday, let me know.  Not sure yet what time I'm heading out. . .

1 hour ago, Chameleon said:

Ed, there is usually one group running up the twisties on Saturday morning (this year with HarleyPat) and another group running up I-17 (this year with Herman).  

As HarleyPat says, we meet at the Middle School on Saturday morning, and details for that will be provided in the first post of this thread when the time gets closer.  That meetup is for ACE peeps who want to park together inside the show.  If you want to roll in later (as German says) that is totally fine too. 

Do whatever works for you.  Not a lot of rules around here. . .  :P

I'm driving up on Friday; they're having a Pub Crawl on Whiskey Row, and I don't want to miss that. . .  :drinkers

Anyone else interested in running up the twisties on Friday, let me know.  Not sure yet what time I'm heading out. . .

The site finally worked for me so I'm now officially entered as a participant. I'm so down for the twisties run Saturday morning; last weekend was the most fun I've had with my car since I bought it 3-1/2 years ago. Now to find somewhere I can break out my buffer and get my paint back in the shape it should be in...

12 hours ago, SixAddict said:

Oh no, here we go again...........:smilelol

You know you don't really need all that sleep! 😂

On 8/31/2019 at 8:02 PM, HarleyPat said:

Exactly how early are we talking here.... :huh

13 hours ago, Corvette Ed said:

Exactly how early are we talking here.... :huh

We will be leaving the high school around 8:15 so we should meet and leave the Wickenburg Burger King around 6:30.

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/20/2019 at 5:27 PM, Amazingdove said:

I’ll BE there ‼️Had a great time last year🍷

Awesome! Added you to the list.😎

Please let me know if you plan to drive up Saturday morning with me from Wickenburg. 😎

4 hours ago, HarleyPat said:

Please let me know if you plan to drive up Saturday morning with me from Wickenburg. 😎

Michele and I are gonna drive up sometime Friday and do the stay over thing as she didn't want to have to get up at 0darkthirty something to drive up.....:thumbs

10 hours ago, SixAddict said:

Michele and I are gonna drive up sometime Friday and do the stay over thing as she didn't want to have to get up at 0darkthirty something to drive up.....:thumbs

Understood! See you at the high school. 😎