December Freebie

Desertdawg

OK Dawg, here are my answers for what its worth:

What is ACE missing? More women

When are you going to plan an event? whenever I find a great car show to get ACE involved

Why don't you post? I do

What is the latest trend in Corvette Mods? LS3 swaps in C4s

Where did you sleep last night? in bed

Why is BadBob bad? where do I start: shiny head; undercover Maricopa Sheriffs car; etc.

What would you change on ACE if you could? Not having to answer questions like this!

When a member replaces his Corvette with a Beemer, do you laugh or cry? Just ignore him from that point on.

When is the next detail day? Whenever Donna shows up with her sweet buns

Where would you suggest a cruise to for a picture perfect setting? any Titled Kilt

When does "Factory Air" in your tires need to be replaced before it hurts resale value? Only ORANGE C6 owner would ask such a question!

Why is the hot water faucet always on the left ????? To avoid injuries to citizens of Gila Bendover who might otherwise get confused

If you need any further help, just ask!

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Desertdawg

• Chameleon

• SLAMMER

• rocknroll

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

When is the next detail day? Whenever Donna shows up with her sweat buns

You need to learn how to spell the word sweet, or add the letter Y on the end ......

Where would you suggest a cruise to for a picture perfect setting? any Titled Kilt

Oh my, I think you have hit the nail on the head with that suggestion.... :thumbs

January ACE lunch ??????

Guest badbobs95

I feel it's time I tell yall why I'm known as Bad Bob. Back when I was with UPS, I was giving a full body massage to this female driver and she said "Oh Bob, you are so bad". I couldn't help myself, she had such a nice butt. :boobies:

OK, I made that up. :sorry: One day I was teasing the grand kids and Wendy said "Bob's so bad" and somehow it stuck. There you have it. Exciting stuff, huh? :crayon:

Here's some feedback

I enjoy the forum and check in daily to see what's up and who might be posting questions.

I went on two cruises and got left in the dust. I agree you can't - don't want to set limits but it is not much fun to cruise in half an hour after every body else.

I will lose my job if I got a criminal speed ticket. Flat and simple, it ain't worth it

Many events seem to be focused on bars and I am not a drinker

The forum has some inside jokes but that's why they are "inside". It doesn't bother me.

I'd have gone to the Nortera show on Friday but a bit too late for me to then have to drive back to the East Side

I'll swing by Gainey Ranch's Cars and Coffee on Saturday, weather permitting and migt have time to see the shop too

I was giving a full body massage to this female driver

When you said female I knew it was BS..... :lol

\I will lose my job if I got a criminal speed ticket. Flat and simple, it ain't worth it

Many events seem to be focused on bars and I am not a drinker

Completely understood, maybe we could implement a wait point before the final destination for the group to gather up to cruise in together.

The non-bar events are there, most lunches are not centered around a bar.

Whats been suggested before but never done was a dinner event, someplace nice where your shirt has to have buttons.... any suggestions?

Greetings from the Gila valley! We are behind you Richard and Debbie with prayers. as a cancer surviror now on dialysis, We haven't had a chance to run into the valley to join some meets. Will be at the Shriners show this weekend, I hope to see some aces there, maybe Mr. Husker plus others. You can drive other vehicles, but nothing compares to a vette!! To keep a vette is in a true state of bliss!!

Is that the show in Tucson this weekend? I actually looked into going to that show and I have a couple vacation days left to use. This weekend is full of guys already in the books so I can't move my days that I have left for the year. So I unfortunately won't be able to attend this one. Sorry. Hope to see you some other time though.

I have never been to an ACE lunch that was at a bar. Many locations serve alcohol, but they were all just restaurants.

I understand that not everyone wants to haul butt on a 'cruise.' We have the other (slow) kind too - I remember a cruise where we were going 55 MPH on a deserted highway in the middle of nowhere and we were the only cars on the road. :facepalm:

Dawgy's questions:

What is ACE missing?

Members that want to set up events instead of just attend them.

When are you going to plan an event?

I planned the last ACE monthly lunch in November. I also did the Flagstaff cruise in in August. I’ll probably be doing Devil’s Highway again in April. Right now it’s someone else’s turn.

Why don't you post?

I don't post as much as I used to because 10 hours a day on the computer at work makes looking at a computer for entertainment not very entertaining. Also, being a moderator means more time reading and less time posting for fun.

What is the latest trend in Corvette Mods?

Cool stuff I can’t afford. Like superchargers.

Where did you sleep last night?

Wouldn’t you like to know. . . :snky:

Why is BadBob bad?

It’s his job. It’s what he does.

What would you change on ACE if you could?

Have more people step up and plan lunches and cruises and detail days. . .

When a member replaces his Corvette with a Beemer, do you laugh or cry?

I smile, because my very dear friend is doing what makes him happy. . . :bounce015:

When is the next detail day?

Who knows??? When you figure it out, let me know and I’ll bring (sweet, not sweaty) cinnamon rolls if I have time.

Why is the hot water faucet always on the left ?????

To prevent scalding because most people are right handed and reach for the right faucet first.

Glenn, commercial? :wtf: We have no ads, no sponsors and we run entirely on volunteers’ time and donated funds. Nothing commercial hereabouts. . .

Hey Dawg, We have a Main Street Cafe in downtown Safford. The cafe works with individuals who have disabilities. I had talked with them before about our ACE group. They require some notice, but they were willing to accommodate us on Saturdays. They offer various items such as soups, sandwiches and drinks which are very reasonable. Maybe after the holidays, we need to see more vettes on the road in this direction!!

Blacknight, I'm willing to bet Dawg would love a cruise to Safford. You're just up the road from his favorite AZ place, Duncan.

Hey Dawg, We have a Main Street Cafe in downtown Safford. The cafe works with individuals who have disabilities. I had talked with them before about our ACE group. They require some notice, but they were willing to accommodate us on Saturdays. They offer various items such as soups, sandwiches and drinks which are very reasonable. Maybe after the holidays, we need to see more vettes on the road in this direction!!

Set it up! :ACE:

i try to stay in the shadows except where I can offer some words or advice of value, heres my responses:

What is ACE missing? seeing how i dont actualy own a vette, im not sure i have much to add, maybe a little less dealership service bashing? :squish:

When are you going to plan an event? all my favorite runs are in the laguna mountains or anza borrego, thats quite a drive for most people in phoenix, but if your up for it ill put something together.

Why don't you post? I'm batman :snky:

What is the latest trend in Corvette Mods? from what ive seen in the dealership world its mostly easy stuff cai, exhaust, oil catch cans ect, but i have seen a few superchargers

Where did you sleep last night? at home :spacecraft:

Why is BadBob bad? because hes bad to his grandkids?

What would you change on ACE if you could? how bout some charity fundraisers, car show, toy drive, taco sale, poker run, raffle ect.

When a member replaces his Corvette with a Beemer, do you laugh or cry? i try to be an all around car enthusiast, but i cant help but stereotype bmw owners.

When is the next detail day? the day before a big haboob

Where would you suggest a cruise to for a picture perfect setting? julian is good so is borrego springs

When does "Factory Air" in your tires need to be replaced before it hurts resale value? when the warranty is up on the factory air.

Why is the hot water faucet always on the left ???? clearly you havnt seen my plumbing skills (or the lack thereof) in action

In the year that I've been a member, I don't recall introducing myself....

My name is Bob and I hale from Lake Havasu City and now I will attempt to answer the questions posed to all:

What is ACE missing? more posts

When are you going to plan an event? I would like to if the opportunity arose

Why don't you post? Been very busy

What is the latest trend in Corvette Mods? spending money

Where did you sleep last night? in my bed

Why is BadBob bad? because he can be

What would you change on ACE if you could? not much

When a member replaces his Corvette with a Beemer, do you laugh or cry? laugh

When is the next detail day? soon

Where would you suggest a cruise to for a picture perfect setting? Flagstaff

When does "Factory Air" in your tires need to be replaced before it hurts resale value? stick to the owners manual schedule and you can't go wrong

Why is the hot water faucet always on the left ? for the right-handed world

When are you going to plan an event? I would like to if the opportunity arose

CREATE an opportunity! :ACE:

Is there someplace good to eat around the London Bridge? (or did it fall down when I wasn't looking?)

MidNiteFury01

What is ACE missing? Absolutely nothing. I like the ACE experience exactly as it has been. I have the option to be as engaging or disengaging as necessary to fit my myriad of extracurricular activities. ACE is here with event listings and options which meets my available schedule. On a side note, anyone know reliable, trustworthy babysitters on the westside? My wife would also enjoy attending these events, however, no baby sitter makes it difficult for her to attend since the Vette doesn't fit three, legally. It would make it much easier for me to plan & attend more events.

When are you going to plan an event? Probably January. Would anyone be interested in a Wrench on Your Car Day? I have jackstands, a jack, pneumatics, and a whole host of tools to virtually disassemble a C5 or C6. In addition, we have beer, food, internet, and a means to cook it. Now only if someone with knowledge will show up, we'll have a party.

One of the few concerns when planning an event is lack of commitment from people. If one signs up, commit to it. Don't use someones event as a "i'll put my name in until or if something better comes along, then back out." I don't know when that became an accepted social norm, but seems to happen allot. :wtf:

Why don't you post? I now have 116 well meaning & informative posts. :facepalm:

What is the latest trend in Corvette Mods? Seems to be anything well north of $5,000.00 which usually mirrors the statement "forced induction." Me, I'm a believer in there is no replacement for displacement & and good tire coefficient of friction. Although the phrase "square set-up" is gaining traction at track and autocross events. Discussion anyone?

Where did you sleep last night? In a supine position on open cell solid structure viscoelastic polyurethane low resilience high density foam with an indentation force deflection rating of 18. Very comfortable.

Why is BadBob bad? Contrary to the above BadBob posting, the actual reason for such a menacing name is prohibited per forum decorum rules.

What would you change on ACE if you could? Virtually nothing. The forum is functioning within normal parameters following a logical listing of topic titles. Log on is easy & quick, new postings are highlighted and those most popular are clearly known. I was wondering if there would be a way to create a what input, date input, meeting time / place input and destination input value which would simultaneously create an ACE Event listing and calendar post? I'm not computer savvy by any means nor do I know the marketability of such action.

When a member replaces his Corvette with a Beemer, do you laugh or cry? Depends on what he / she purchased. The BMW Alpina B2S 3.0CSL, and the 1974 BMW 2002 Turbo are pretty iconic, cult-classic, fun driving machines. I think though, the post September 1989 BMW M3 is probably one of the best Ultimate Driving Machines BMW ever produced and would be nice to have.

When is the next detail day? Hmmm, this is a tough one. Considering the forum indicates ~1900+ members, and given a standard participation range of 5 to 50 on most posted events, this surmises that 97.3% of Corvette owners actually never drive their Corvettes and therefore never need a detail. I just wash and wax mine every now & again. Maybe a good detail guy could post something up. I am not that guy given the aforementioned information of my detailing steps...

Where would you suggest a cruise to for a picture perfect setting? Canyon, Saguaro, Bartlett, Mormon lakes, maybe Mormon Lake just outside Flagstaff? Maybe somewhere along the road which loops through Waputki / Sunset Crater, or Jerome, Duncan, anywere along the Beeline Highway? Perhaps a cruise to Seligman for Route 66 stuff? Strawberry? Some folks mentioned towns in previous posts on this thread. What about all these great photographs on the gallery? Looks like they could be some real pretty spots - where are they? The latest one is the red C7 with some darker clouds in the background, looks pretty. I'm new here about a year or so and still looking for those cool drives too.

When does "Factory Air" in your tires need to be replaced before it hurts resale value? When the absolute humidity within the tire atmosphere exceeds 6-grams per cubic meter when the air is saturated at 30 °C. This can be calculated using the equation; AH = Mw / Pnet. Where Mw is the mass of the water vapor and Pnet is the volume of the air and water vapor mixture. :nerd:

Why is the hot water faucet always on the left ? During the 19th century, cold water was hand pumped & considering most of the world is right handed, these hand pumps were placed on the right hand side of the sink. So as not to upset the established order the only room for the hot water spigot was on the left hand side of the room. Coincidentally, the toilet handle is also placed on the right hand side of the toilet ---- when you are sitting on it, following the same design principal for right handers. Older toilets had the tank & pull cord, and considering most users are right handed, the pull cord was placed on the right hand side of the tank. Therefore the placement of the handle on today's modern toilets remain on the right...

:thankyouthankyou:

Holy Crap Ben..... nice reply :thumbs

What is ACE missing? Absolutely nothing. I like the ACE experience exactly as it has been. I have the option to be as engaging or disengaging as necessary to fit my myriad of extracurricular activities. ACE is here with event listings and options which meets my available schedule. On a side note, anyone know reliable, trustworthy babysitters on the westside? My wife would also enjoy attending these events, however, no baby sitter makes it difficult for her to attend since the Vette doesn't fit three, legally. It would make it much easier for me to plan & attend more events.

Maybe talk to Sean (BIgfeets), if one of his kids isn't doing it then he might know someone who is...

When are you going to plan an event? Probably January. Would anyone be interested in a Wrench on Your Car Day? I have jackstands, a jack, pneumatics, and a whole host of tools to virtually disassemble a C5 or C6. In addition, we have beer, food, internet, and a means to cook it. Now only if someone with knowledge will show up, we'll have a party.

One of the few concerns when planning an event is lack of commitment from people. If one signs up, commit to it. Don't use someones event as a "i'll put my name in until or if something better comes along, then back out." I don't know when that became an accepted social norm, but seems to happen allot. :wtf:

A wrench day would be cool, we haven't had one in a long time.

I think I need to replace brake fluid after Saturdays 1/2 mile run event....

And yes the members backing out sucks, I understand if it's a legitimate problem that popped up but to say I'm in just to help bolster the roll call doesn't help the planner at all. (and yep, I know I'm guilty of it once or twice)

Thanks for bringing it up ....

What is the latest trend in Corvette Mods? Seems to be anything well north of $5,000.00 which usually mirrors the statement "forced induction." Me, I'm a believer in there is no replacement for displacement & and good tire coefficient of friction. Although the phrase "square set-up" is gaining traction at track and autocross events. Discussion anyone?

Where did you sleep last night? In a supine position on open cell solid structure viscoelastic polyurethane low resilience high density foam with an indentation force deflection rating of 18. Very comfortable.

Why is BadBob bad? Contrary to the above BadBob posting, the actual reason for such a menacing name is prohibited per forum decorum rules.

Ok, what is "square set-up"???

Your sleep makes my brain hurt.

And, per your discription, BadBob will be banned! :bounce017:

What would you change on ACE if you could? Virtually nothing. The forum is functioning within normal parameters following a logical listing of topic titles. Log on is easy & quick, new postings are highlighted and those most popular are clearly known. I was wondering if there would be a way to create a what input, date input, meeting time / place input and destination input value which would simultaneously create an ACE Event listing and calendar post? I'm not computer savvy by any means nor do I know the marketability of such action.

I tried to input all of that into my brain and the only output was "I need to fart"

But nice discription of the forum being easy to use, I've always tried to keep it running as simple as the software allows.

When a member replaces his Corvette with a Beemer, do you laugh or cry? Depends on what he / she purchased. The BMW Alpina B2S 3.0CSL, and the 1974 BMW 2002 Turbo are pretty iconic, cult-classic, fun driving machines. I think though, the post September 1989 BMW M3 is probably one of the best Ultimate Driving Machines BMW ever produced and would be nice to have.

It's just a new one, no cool factor involved.... :bolt:

When is the next detail day? Maybe a good detail guy could post something up.

Where would you suggest a cruise to for a picture perfect setting? . I'm new here about a year or so and still looking for those cool drives too.

I hope all the OG's are still reading.... I'm sure we can do both before it gets hot..

When does "Factory Air" in your tires need to be replaced before it hurts resale value? When the absolute humidity within the tire blah blah blah...

Why is the hot water faucet always on the left ? During the 19th century, cold water was blah blah blah...

Look, my brain still hurts from the sleeping discription, and I stil need to fart... I quit !!!

MidNiteFury01

Sorry for the lengthy reply - but I wanted to put some thought into & have fun with it. The low-density foam description is nothing more than a nice Memory Foam mattress...

On the "input value" I was just thinking if there was a way to simultaneous post an event to the ACE Events section & calendar at the same time using those listed values. I guess I could have been more succinct.

The story on the "square set-up" has been posted. I will have a Wrench Day sometime in January, complete with some food...

I thought your reply was perfect, long or short didn't matter it was the content that was cool...

I've never seen anything in the software that starts a calendar entry and a thread with one click. I'll look again.

But it's not hard to start you event thread, then link it to the date on the calendar.

I really liked your point of members backing out of an event, I plan on keeping it in the limelight over the next year...

Dawg, I tried, really tried. Nothing has changed. Good luck. Maybe I'll see you at the next 1/2 mile or something like that.

New guy here, sorry but not going to answer the questions but one...kind of. I used to belong to corvette clubs back East. We ran road rallies that sent everyone through several areas and neighborhoods. Past places that many do not get to see. 40 to 50 miles. You are required to answer questions along the way, directions are given turn by turn but no street names are used. Winners are awarded for the closest to the correct mileage, correct time (no speeding) and most correct answers. They ended someplace to eat, nothing high end.

Would anyone here be interested in something like this?

We have had a couple of events like that. They were fun, but they are also a lot of work to organize, and lately no one has had the time or inclination to set one up...