December Freebie

Desertdawg

note: if you haven't read the Dec. newsletter yet, then your reading this thread to soon.

Your freebie is ....

I lied, there is no freebie, I'm just trying to get EVERY ACE member to click a link in the newsletter at least once.

But now that your here I want you to reply...

What is ACE missing?

When are you going to plan an event?

Why don't you post?

What is the latest trend in Corvette Mods?

Where did you sleep last night?

Why is BadBob bad?

What would you change on ACE if you could?

When a member replaces his Corvette with a Beemer, do you laugh or cry?

When is the next detail day?

Where would you suggest a cruise to for a picture perfect setting?

When does "Factory Air" in your tires need to be replaced before it hurts resale value?

Why is the hot water faucet always on the left ?????

Do you want to me to continue? Can you tell I'm flustered?

Well let me tell you, I sure miss the Flagstaff cruise's, how about "oil Change Day", someone posted a dyno day last month and 1 ACE member attended, I remember waiting in line to get on the dyno for fun...

How about you newbies? When are you guys going to start planning fun runs to Casa Grande, or a blitz up to Showlow for a burger? How about a Mystery Cruise or a Poker run?

The founders of ACE are now the old guys and we want to tag along on your fun, we promise to stay out of your way and we won't hog the left lane. We are just out of ideas and it's your time to step up......

Please, No one take offense to this, I'm not name calling out of spite. I'm just trying to drum up some business here and get ACE back on track to being the most awesome place around!

POST YOUR COMMENTS BELOW .......it's free !!! :lol

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Desertdawg

• Chameleon

• SLAMMER

• rocknroll

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Factory air should be recycled and new high pressure low density air should be used.

This should be done at or near the end of the factory warrenty period.

SLAMMER

What is ACE missing? A core group of people who are willing to act like leaders to inspire others. When I started this group in 2001, we did care who showed up but people did because we had a common interest... Once we made it commercial, it was no longer the good ol' boys gathering and it lost some of its luster.

When are you going to plan an event? You all are invited to the Marine Corps birthday next year at my new house.. Old house was too small.

Why don't you post? Busy with life... and after getting ripped off by a member I lost the desire to be apart of this board. Most of my friends are on Facebook, so I do not really need this forum to keep up anymore.

What is the latest trend in Corvette Mods? Big Horse power turbos, and the new C7.

Where did you sleep last night? In my bed.

Why is BadBob bad? Not sure who he is.. I can only assume its a self given title.

What would you change on ACE if you could? Get some younger guys who want to be apart of a solid group of enthusiasts

When a member replaces his Corvette with a Beemer, do you laugh or cry? Depends on the BMW...

When is the next detail day? Next time I call my detailer...

Where would you suggest a cruise to for a picture perfect setting? Sedona is very pretty... or to one of the lakes...

When does "Factory Air" in your tires need to be replaced before it hurts resale value? I think the factory air is garbage anyway..I say replace from the start..

Why is the hot water faucet always on the left ????? This comes from a right handed society and need for cold water with the dominate hand.

Two questions;

1) How many licks does it take to get to the tootsie goodness of a tootsie- pop?

2) How long does it take to rebuild a LS2 motor

With a few added modifications?

SLAMMER

YES, I want you to continue!!

It's entertaining and I don't see Glen post much any more.

CONTINUE ON DAWG...............

SLAMMER

These young'ins today are self absorbed with short attention spans. Not like us old timers!!

We used to stick with something until we finished our task!! Kids today are so busy on their smart

Shit,.......... I'm missing Jepordy!! Love that Alex Trebeck fella!!

SLAMMER

Somebody hit him with a reindeer.

Fine I will answer... but you asked for it.

What is ACE missing? I miss events, Big Poppa, something actually happening somewhere other than Phoenix.

When are you going to plan an event? Tried this a few times, never seems to go well, now I just stick to going to Freddy's on Thursdays. I am still doing the Car Show for Cancer #4 but it's going to be April/May trying to get the right weather.

Why don't you post? Because I seem to get into trouble, plus no one seems to care all that much anyway as I am the strange younger guy who will not go away and is weird.

What is the latest trend in Corvette Mods? Spending money

Where did you sleep last night? Next to Chey, no you are not invited.

Why is BadBob bad? There is no one reason, but we like him all the same.

What would you change on ACE if you could? Apparently a few members got quite upset over this whole decal design issue, I vaguely remember it. However it seems as soon as something becomes to serious and strict it defeats what I always thought Ace was.
As for change, the group is great it's just quiet... no one seems to want to go out and I have no explanation as to why other than to many of you Aceholes live in Phoenix... and I like the drive but not as early as I have to do it to meet up with you guys.

When a member replaces his Corvette with a Beemer, do you laugh or cry? Meh, who cares. I like the old M3's and Z3's still.

When is the next detail day? We still have those?

Where would you suggest a cruise to for a picture perfect setting? Yeah like I have any clue about this one, you guys only like my pictures because of Cheyenne.

When does "Factory Air" in your tires need to be replaced before it hurts resale value? Anytime you replace the blinker fluid or before you hit a deer.....

Why is the hot water faucet always on the left ????? Because your wife would kill you otherwise.

Two questions;

1) How many licks does it take to get to the tootsie goodness of a tootsie- pop?

One....

Two....

Three.....crunch.

Teh answer is three... :thumbs

Had to sell the '99 Vert back in July 2013. Now seeking a replacement - 2004 Commemorative Convertible with auto trans, HUD. Must be LeMans Blue with Shale interior and top. Under 50K miles...

Thanks for your efforts Dwayne. I'm not in a Vette at the moment (2013 Lingenfelter ZL1 Vert) but I am seriously considering a new Z06 convertible!

Cheers,

Bob

I joined to participate in some cruises. We-wife and I- went on two. The cruises weren't cruises they were races. Most everybody roared off and left us in the dust. One of them went to Pumpkin Center for lunch. Quite a number of the folks started smoking in that small dining room --- we left. Oh well. i guess we don't fit in.

Jim

I was hoping to meet some of you guys pretty soon...

Unfortunately I work most weekends so that leaves me out of a lot of the meets. I am gonna try to make it to wild horse pass this Friday, and my car will probably be filthy :)

Interesting to see that I'm not the only one who left out of some sort of frustration.

I can answer most all of those questions with one answer... Car still broke and moneys too tight to get it fixed so she sits going on 6 years! :-(

Well, I haven't been around much because work has been grilling me for 20 hour days lately.

The last run I was able to go on was fun and I'd love to do a poker run, just no time and with the holiday season here my pockets are empty :(.

Now about that freebie sir.... :D

Provocative email, it got me to open it. No freebie though? You suck lol. Nothing's new and exciting with me. I've still got the rage monster but it's going to be going up for sale next year it looks like.

COFFEE and TESTICLES.....

A guy goes to the Post Office to apply for a job. The interviewer asks him, "Are you allergic to anything?"
He replies, "Yes, caffeine. I can't drink coffee."
"OK, have you ever been in the military service?"
"Yes, he says, I was in Iraq for one tour."
The interviewer says, "That will give you 5 extra points toward employment." Then he asks, "Are you disabled in any way?"
The guy says, "Yes. A bomb exploded near me and I lost both my testicles.
The interviewer grimaces and then says, "Okay. You've got enough points for me to hire you right now.
Our normal hours are from 8 a.m to 4:00 p.m. You can start tomorrow at 10 a.m., and plan on starting at 10 a.m. every day."
The guy is puzzled and asks, "If the work hours are from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., why don't you want me here until 10 a.m.?"
"This is a government job", the interviewer says. "For the first two hours, we just stand around drinking coffee and scratching our balls. No point in your coming in for that."

Hey, I post up several times a week. I've organized a few events but the last one to Meteor Crater was somewhat a flop as only a few ACEholes showed up so I thought that I would sit back and let someone else try to create a little fun for once. I did go to Porvettes grand opening a few weeks back and we had a nice ACE showing and I always attend the Corvettes and Caffeine and mix it up with other ACE members there.

Next detail day.....TOMORROW AT BADBOB's. I will be at his place around 9:30 in the AM. We are trying to get ride of some small but annoying rock blisters. Going to finish up tomorrow morning. Then we will be working on a 370Z that is black.

Events....I, like others here tend to work weekends and nights to boot. So I sleep a lot during the day. Not changing next year either. So that's the reason I don't organize anything. Nobody wants to do anything or can't during the week. Friday nights a couple of us tend to migrate to Albertsons at Baseline and Ellsworth in east Mesa. That's about as close to the weekends as I can get.

Why is BabBob bad? Just because he can be. And he's good at it.

What would I change on ACE if I could? Hmm, nothing really as I think everyone that's active wants to be and those that aren't don't. I post but I can't make it to many events, but I would change that if I could.

Why is the hot water always on the left? Because the left tends to be pissed off most of the time and it just fits.

Where did I sleep last night? In my car. Because I miss it sooooo much.

Mods? eeeh. I think I'm about modded out for now. I ran out of ideas. Car runs great so why mess with something that ain't broke yet.

That is all I have. Tapped out......

This group is no different from other Car Groups, they lose interest for a while until a new set takes over.

It seems none of the founding members show up to many events, but that is to be expected after a while , it is hard to plan every thing and partisipate in your other interests.

As I and my wife , Deborah have always tried to plan events and show up for others. But life happens and it takes over your time.

This will be the first year in over ten that we will not host our Christmas open house. Deb nor I have the energy this year, She was just told Tuesday her Cancer has returned. The transplant did not work.

I think more local lunchs would draw more people , and a few shorter cruises would also work out for more people.

Some of you new members ( corvette owners) should think of something, like maybe a small barbecue at your house or a potluck lunch. something that might not cost a lot for the other members.

It would be a great way for you all to start meeting the group.

Our Grand opening was a great sucess with the ACE group, The only corvette people invited were ACE and they showed up in a grand style. ( Which I am very thankful for.)

Time to stop ranting.

Dwayne thank you for all you do to hold the group together.

Very sorry to hear about Deborah. You have our Prayers and support if you need or want it. We have been thru this before at our house and it can be very overwhelming.

OK, you got me Dwag, I wanted my cheap-ass Xmas freebie! Since other Old School ACE members chimed in, I'll add my 2 cents too...as long as I can claim that on 2014's tax return:

What is ACE missing? Yeah, I too miss the days where a few of us would get together to wrench & mod our rides. I think back in the day, more of us lived in my immediate neighborhood here in Chandler and I think that just made it easier.

When are you going to plan an event? When I stop traveling for business.

Why don't you post? Am traveling 50-75% for business installing an accounting system called SAP. When I do get a week or two in a row at home, I'll admit I just want to be a homebody and relax for a bit. Still have the wife and two cats to take care of, plus routine stuff around the house. I've also been taking care of my elderly parents and a brother who have been in poor health, so it is rare I find free "me time" as of late.

What is the latest trend in Corvette Mods? Man I'm itching bad for the new Z06. Sadly, am still a couple of years out though :(

Where did you sleep last night? It's true, traveling so much, sometimes when I wake at night, I really don't know where I am. Ok, so no, that hasn't changed.

Why is BadBob bad? Dunno, ask him I guess

What would you change on ACE if you could? Less bitchin, more comradery.

When a member replaces his Corvette with a Beemer, do you laugh or cry? I still can't comprehend not driving/owning a Corvette. Rental cars suck ass.

When is the next detail day? Probably next Thanksgiving morning, cause that's the last time I was able to detail my '08

Where would you suggest a cruise to for a picture perfect setting? The Playboy Mansion

When does "Factory Air" in your tires need to be replaced before it hurts resale value? Sez witch?

Why is the hot water faucet always on the left ????? Lemme ask my bud Lefty The Plumber and see what he says