• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MOTV8

• Shifty

• P51tj

• Desertdawg

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nice finish on race 2, and congrats to Ramos/Pastorelli for retaking teh points lead, and all without a bonnet! I wonder if there were team orders for Soulet not to try to pass?

Maybe, with teh points lead at stake. But I don't get teh impression Soulet would hold back for anything so who knows. Teh blurb below says it was a fuel pump that killed them in those last laps yesterday.

Race recaps via DSC: http://www.dailysportscar.com/2014/09/28/international-gt-open-monza-race-reports.html

• 4 weeks later...

Don't teh C6r's have a back-up fuel pump system?

Teh google machine does not know.

Meanwhile, a gaggle of Ferrari's will be joining for teh last crack at GT Open glory...

http://www.gtopen.net/article_app.php?id=1179&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

http://www.gtopen.net/article_app.php?id=1182&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Fresh meat. :Jake:

Blurbage...

Barcelona, Final Stop For Tutumlu And Barzani In The GT Open

isaac-tutumlu-monza-pre.jpg

After a successful season Isaac Tutumlu and Barzani Racing Team conclude their participation in the International GT Open, as the championship comes to an end at the Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya. Despite an unfavourable time-handicap to be served at this event, both driver and team set the target of new podium finishes with the Selleslagh Racing Team Chevrolet Corvette C6/ZR1 shared by Tutumlu and Archie Hamilton.

The 2014 season of the International GT Open nears the end. This year has proven to be very positive for the Spanish driver of Kurdish ancestry, Isaac Tutumlu, and his team, Barzani Racing Team. Tutumlu and Barzani Racing Team recorded a remarkable win on their debut with the Chevrolet Corvette C6/ZR1 entered by Selleslagh Racing Team, and they have claimed two wins, two second places and three third finishes in the series so far. Thus Tutumlu and Briton Archie Hamilton, his teammate at the wheel of the American muscle car, want to finish in style at the final event despite this round always gathers the very best of Europe and they will have a very unfavorable handicap-time after their good results recently.

“We approach the final round, to take place in Barcelona, and it is my home event. It is always a special one as we are joined at the track by family, friends and sponsors. Last but not least we will be at Club Bonasport for our presentation on Wednesday, another interesting event with one of our partners”, the driver from Barcelona remarks. Concerning his goals for this meeting, the driver of Kurdish heritage explains that “maybe the Catalan track doesn´t fit our Chevrolet as well as Monza or Spa-Francorchamps, but I still think we will be competitive. Our handicap won´t be a help, especially in Saturday´s race, after our good results in Belgium and Italy. So our strategy will be to have a strong finish on Saturday, but trying to have a lower handicap for Sunday when we want to finish on the podium. Taking into account our driver line-up, team and car I am confident, but time-handicap and our rivals will not make things easy for us. Now I´m sitting 5th overall, so I will try to finish in the top-three”.

On this occasion track activity begins on Thursday with two test sessions. Then on Friday, as usual, there are scheduled two free practice sessions. Q1 takes place on Saturday at 11.20 and Race 1 starting at 14.15. Finally Q2 and Race two are due to start at 09.55 and 14.00 on Sunday respectively.

Promotion night for Big Yeller and SRT at something called Club Bonasport last night...

B1JkSDJCEAAeOZL.jpg

B1JsJ-KIMAAcTa6.jpg

I think that Soulet is strong, but Sjitoff is not as good, and teh Same for Tutulu > Hamilton. Teh Pastorelli/Ramos team is much more balanced, but their luck when it matters is teh suck.

*snort

Mad that Ramos/Pastorelli couldn't pull their shit together yesterday, 2nd place is teh first loser!

*snort

Mad that Ramos/Pastorelli couldn't pull their shit together yesterday, 2nd place is teh first loser!

True, but 2nd is better than Montermini/Schirro's 3rd....see Archie Hamilton is good for something, play victim so that Montermini gets penalized again. Such a shame that because of that Soulet trade, two Corvette teams had 1 good driver and one POS, could have two teams in contention.

One thing I've noticed....a good percentage of teh tracks run seem to favor teh Fewawis...

LMAO....Lil Archie tried some donuts after teh race and got fined! Clicky: http://instagram.com/p/u5zsgJCN7h/

I agree Marc, three vettes with only 2 'good' drivers playing musical chairs was a bad recipe for a championship.

But what did everyone think of teh series and teh racing? For a first year of following along I really enjoyed teh mix of aged GT1 and GT2 cars dicing it up with 'modern' GT3s. Teh flashes of Corvette dominance and teh victories were really icing on teh cake for me. Maybe I'm freaky, but I love seeing these old warhorse vettes still kicking euro-ass, and I dig teh tracks they visit, fewawwi-friendly or not.

Better than teh helpless frustration of watching a points lead and championship hopes 'regulated' out of existence in teh TUSC anyway. I'll prolly follow next year as well if there's interest.

:Jake:

Following along here and the couple of races I watched were fun, anything is better than the TUSC right now.

Following along here and the couple of races I watched were fun, anything is better than the TUSC right now.

:shifter:

Hopefully, IMSA will remove cranium from rectum, and put on a better show in 15....but probably not. :skull: