NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Lottery

ICULUKN

Lottery is up to 15 or 20 million every week. Even with the 20 people that frequent this site, that is 1 million (pre-tax) each.

What I am proposing is this.....

we each put in 5 bucks a week. I will buy the tickets and post our numbers. If we win..we split it equally. Who ever puts in that week will have a chance to win. I will buy the tickets on Friday for the Saturday drawing. With 20 people that is 100 chances to win.

What do you think?

We can even do paypal, but then we would have to include 3% for the transaction. So instead of 5.00 it would be 5.15.

Lottery is up to 15 or 20 million every week. Even with the 20 people that frequent this site, that is 1 million (pre-tax) each.

we each put in 5 bucks a week. I will buy the tickets and post our numbers. If we win..we split it equally. Who ever puts in that week will have a chance to win. I will buy the tickets on Friday for the Saturday drawing. With 20 people that is 100 chances to win.

What do you think?

We can even do paypal, but then we would have to include 3% for the transaction. So instead of 5.00 it would be 5.15.

are you talking 1 drawing a week? or BOTH weds. and sat.?

i think this would be cool - especially WHEN they take our picture for the website "local corvette club wins powerball" :thumbs

if we contributed $5 a week - we could split it to $2.50 per drawing (obviously rounding up to the next dollar)

the MINIMUM powerball jackpot now is 15 million but they made the odds much worse! :clap

i think $5 a week would be no sweat - as i'm sure i'd buy some on my own as well - i seem to do that regardless if i'm in a "pool" or not.

keep us posted

What do you think?

are you talking 1 drawing a week? or BOTH weds. and sat.?

i think this would be cool - especially WHEN they take our picture for the website "local corvette club wins powerball" :thumbs

if we contributed $5 a week - we could split it to $2.50 per drawing (obviously rounding up to the next dollar)

the MINIMUM powerball jackpot now is 15 million but they made the odds much worse! :clap

i think $5 a week would be no sweat - as i'm sure i'd buy some on my own as well - i seem to do that regardless if i'm in a "pool" or not.

keep us posted

I'm in..let me know when we start!

Me too! I live out of PHX so I might have to do paypal if that's ok.

:agree about the picture of ACE with that big check. We would need to take another one later, after all of us with the old cars buy new ones!!!! :D :thumbs:rolleyes:cool:burnout

I would be down with that too. My only concern is how the tickets would be escrowed. I am a very trusting person ( sometimes to a fault ), but $20M will make people do funny things. ;)

I would be down with that too. My only concern is how the tickets would be escrowed. I am a very trusting person ( sometimes to a fault ), but $20M will make people do funny things. ;)
:withstupid i'm glad you spoke up before i did! ;)

any lawyers on the board? how about someone with a spouse that is a lawyer?

i know verbal contracts are binding in the state of arizona

perhaps we could have a sticky thread that will server as our legal binding? requiring participants to put in first and last names and we could also copy and paste paypal confirmations to verify (with minimal information)

ok, i know it wasn't the best idea, but so far, it's the ONLY idea! :leaving

Lawyer this!! :crazy:crazy

Do you ask for a lawyer getting in on a football pool?

Sure the $$ are different, BUT!!

If you don't trust the man, don't put your money down!!

Glenn,

I just want to know if it costs me extra for you to send lazy azz's like me a PM saying my pot is getting low if I just send you $100 or what ever to keep me in the group every week or bi-weekly!! Someone has to take care off bookkeeping and or you could just take and extra .05% admin fee if we hit!!

Do we roll winnings into the next drawing, do a monthly pay or cry deal at the 1st Sat meeting??

I'm with you on the idea!!

There are a few questions that need to be worked out.

Ken

If I may make a suggestion. You can let the person with the slowest vette hold the ticket. At least we would have a chance of catching them. :lol

No, really. We have a pool at work that runs without any money changing hands. We have a rotation of whos turn it is to buy, they buy and post the ticket numbers. So, twenty people rotation, your turn- you buy 20 tickets post the numbers- and your turn comes back around in 20 weeks. :thumbs

I think what we can do is....

Lets Pay once a month.. 20 bucks.... I will buy the tickets and scan the numbers and post.... to be honest I only have time to do the Saturday drawing.

If someone wants to do Weds drawing it would be appreciated. 10 bucks per month per drawing...

.If we dont win a significant amount (over 1000 bucks) we will just roll that money into getting more tickets the next time.

If I may make a suggestion. You can let the person with the slowest vette hold the ticket. At least we would have a chance of catching them. :lol

Ken? :lol

Just playin' hahaha

Hey I think this might be me! But seriously, I am willing to help out if needed. I like the idea about putting up a months worth at a time and rolling small amounts back in.

I think what we can do is....

Lets Pay once a month.. 20 bucks.... I will buy the tickets and scan the numbers and post.... to be honest I only have time to do the Saturday drawing.

If someone wants to do Weds drawing it would be appreciated. 10 bucks per month per drawing...

.If we dont win a significant amount (over 1000 bucks) we will just roll that money into getting more tickets the next time.

i don't mean to nitpick - but what about months that may have 5 saturdays in them?

if you want to do a monthly fee and this doesn't seem too confusing - $5 x 52 weeks /12 months - that would be our monthly input and we would then be covered for those odd 5 week month (like THIS month for example)

i don't mean to nitpick - but what about months that may have 5 saturdays in them?

if you want to do a monthly fee and this doesn't seem too confusing - $5 x 52 weeks /12 months - that would be our monthly input and we would then be covered for those odd 5 week month (like THIS month for example)

Hey Einstein,

We ALL have calanders and can figure out how much to pay without a Quicken or Money program!!

One question Glenn, can't you take the money in and get tickets for Sat and Wed??

I don't care either way!

Your work load is still the same. Do we 'bet it all' or play the 'field'??

Ken

You are right.. I guess I could buy both days when I go in...

I was just going to get the 'quick picks' and see how we do.

All right then!!

I'm in for $20 a week till whenever!!

Setup your paypal cuz I don't mind paying the change!!

Great idea by the way!!

Ken

Me too...PM me, I'll PayPal if that works for ya?

Wait...$20/week??? Per person??? That's at least $80 month!

Too much for us...sorry.

:agree

I can justify $20 / mo on a very long shot. $80 is too much for us too.

Ok, I've done this before. If most people want to do $5 a week then it can be either be $5 for one day or $2.50 for both. Each $2.50 is one part of the whole..10 people @ $2.50 = 10 part so any winning would be divided by 10. If some go in for $5 per drawing then they would get 2 parts of the winnings..8 @ $2.50 and 4 @ $5 = 16 parts and the ones with $2.50 get 1 part and the ones with $5 get 2 parts. I hope that's clear to all. If not I'll try to put it differently.Robert :burnout