• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shifty

• MOTV8

• Desertdawg

• LastC3

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Doesn't bode well for their future, big picture. Which sucks because that class and that series needs them.

Ya, as I was saying before...Risi Competition may be wealthy as hell, but when your class starts to dwindle, and teh series is a POS to start with, and your shedding a car per race at a million a crack...your accountant is probably going to drug you and take your AMEX away...

Ya, as I was saying before...Risi Competition may be wealthy as hell, but when your class starts to dwindle, and teh series is a POS to start with, and your shedding a car per race at a million a crack...your accountant is probably going to drug you and take your AMEX away...

That's a heckuva accountant.

BOOM!

David Hart, director of #IMSA Communications has resigned, effectively immediately.

Translation = He jumped off a sinking ship, or he's the scapegoat.

*And Malucelli and Kearby suspended for driving like Pat Long: http://sportscar365.com/imsa/tusc/malucelli-kearby-suspended-for-sebring-accidents/ :squish:

Wow!

More news coming from the new Tudor United Sportscar Championship. The team of the Muscle Milk Pickett Racing LMP2 will not being competing in the Long Beach Grand Prix or at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca, the next two stops on the new IMSA schedule. In a press release they posted yesterday on their site, they stated that "they were unable to spend their usual amount of time preparing and learning about their new P2 ORECA Nissan." Not only did they not have enough prep time with their new car, by their accounts only about 5 weeks which is still astounding they made the first two events, but they are also having to deal with the new tires for the series. Last season they ran Michelin, but this year the P2 class can only run Continentals, and adding more potential issues, these new P2 cars have never run Continentals making the tires a completely new variable for the teams.

I heard one of teh Action Express Corvette DP's dropped out of teh LBGP. :facepalm

With teh TUDOR points system, you can afford to miss a race that's almost sure to cause hundreds and thousands of ducats without really losing much. (I don't know why they dropped out, but I'm just sayin')

At least they are addressing teh issues....could be a lot worse I suppose.

I have a feeling that it would have basically reverted back to GrandAm if they hadn't fixed it. Most of teh real race teams would have just bailed, I'm betting.... :yesnod

Much like teh Frenchies, it looks as if someone really wants someone other than Corvette to win this year...

If you're not going to listen to teh fans, you damn sure better pay attentionion to teh manufacturers...

IMSA: Sebring issues spark manufacturer-led coalition Citing apprehensions over what took place with officiating during last month's Mobil 1 Twelve Hours of Sebring and other dissatisfactions with the start of the new TUDOR United SportsCar Championship, RACER has learned more than a half-dozen manufacturers have joined forces to present their concerns to the series' upper management as a united front.

Manufacturer reps spanning the TUDOR Championship's GT and prototype ranks participated in a lengthy phone call late last month where everything from incorrect penalties, the lack of procedures to undo officiating errors, and other topics were raised as some of the most heavily invested and committed TUDOR Championship stakeholders turned their individual grievances into an open forum which was heard by the series' leadership.

The manufacturer-led conference call was independent from and unrelated to the series-led manufacturer meeting scheduled for next weekend's TUDOR Championship event at Long Beach. It's believed the manufacturers' group will continue to hold meetings with the series as the TUDOR Championship continues to find its footing and strive for the level of excellence it aims to produce.

"We have a manufacturers' advisory council that's made up of senior members of our official automotive partner group, and the core group, which is the vast majority, we did have a call with them that was welcomed," IMSA COO Scott Atherton told RACER. "We're fortunate to have such incredible support coming from all our manufacturer partners and had a very productive call for what will be an ongoing exchange that will be more formalized but will be left with enough unstructured-ness to allow topical items to be brought up without long lead times.

"We don't want to make it too formal. There's that group, there's also plans that will both embrace the technical side and the marketing side that goes to a different group of people involved."

Lolz. That guy just keeps trying to polish those turds. A manufacturer-led revolt? Yea, that's a good sign. Teh movie will be called Mutiny on teh Tudor, starring Pat Long as teh ghey cabin boy.

Maybe they can change the screen to show what car/driver is approaching, for example if Pat Long is approaching it will flash a picture of a "ghey cabin boy".

post-56-0-54956100-1396882134_thumb.png

After one hour of a two hour practice session teh order is: BMW Corvette BMW Corvette Porch

After one hour of a two hour practice session teh order is: BMW Corvette BMW Corvette Porch