• Cross

• Desertdawg

• MOTV8

• TheCMSH

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am surprised Dawg has not posted... must have used to many words. :LolLol:

I was waiting for teh redheaded bikini pictures :toetap

Ok I got them on the laptop and there are some of those... we shall see if I share them because right now Dawg seem's ungrateful and grumpy. :LolLol:

Dawg seem's ungrateful and grumpy.

Thank you so much for keeping us updated on your trials and tribulations, it makes me so happy when you do!

Hows that ???

Dawg seem's ungrateful and grumpy.

Thank you so much for keeping us updated on your trials and tribulations, it makes me so happy when you do!

Hows that ???

Oh I thought you wanted pictures ok I can do that hold on.

So let's see I have been working on replacing the bulbs in the Vette with LED's just so I never have to do it again and because I heard they help repeal Deer. So I ordered everything but the map lights as I have never seen those replacements not have issues.

Well turns out I missed one and it just happens to be one that has a bulb that's died... the reverse lights. So I had to order that.

I also ran into a strange issue the other day that while driving the whole driver's side door controls switch just stopped working, I took it out and tried everything with no luck and my windows were down. Then I open the door and it starts working again... may just be the connector in the door needing to be pushed back together or the switch it's working fine now but like many it was already cracked so I bought a new one online.

Oh I installed the coil pack relocation brackets and they only work with specific valve covers which my new Chevrolet Logo'd ones were not... so I made a quick solution that I need to go back and do a better job on later. I got C6Z06 wires like another member and while they are longer they are tight... really right reaching the plugs and coil packs I think one might be missing slightly I have to check that tonight.

I bought new Tires for the new rims and found out one had a cut in the sidewall on the inside... WTH? The tires on it looked great they were run flats and I didn't like them but they have great tread... plus I wanted to change the sizes but just another piece of fun.

Chey's New Camaro has been it's own bundle of fun putting it back to where it suits us and finding little things to correct. I took it out last weekend to try it out myself and it has the BMR Track Pac setup of which I was able to break the torque arm and had to buy a replacement from Joe @ CPR. Nice expensive break but the new part got here quick, thanks Joe!

What else... Oh my exhaust tips are crooked but I have just been to lazy to realign them after the new headers went on.
Oh I got my new Hurst Short Shifter and finally have a Short Shifter I like. It was supposed to be for a C6Z06 but fits mine just fine. I have a C6Z06 stock shifter I bought from Tony that anyone here is welcome to if they want it.
How's that Dawg?

pull back the door accordion next time it goes dead and give the wires a jiggle, I bet there is some wiring coming loose from the connectors

pull back the door accordion next time it goes dead and give the wires a jiggle, I bet there is some wiring coming loose from the connectors

Thanks I will give that a try!

Seems I might be doing a brass headlight gear as Big Poppa thinks he only did the Driver's Side and the Passenger is now acting up right when my new headlights are about to show up... I should have known buying them would cause this.

I was trying to act less grumpy and more grateful so you would post more pictures...

I do give Jim a thumbs up for reading all that !!! I just scrolled past it looking for .....

Seems I might be doing a brass headlight gear as Big Poppa thinks he only did the Driver's Side and the Passenger is now acting up right when my new headlights are about to show up... I should have known buying them would cause this.

Headlight gear is easy peasy, just make sure you get the kit with the T bar reinforcement and make sure you put all the little shims and spacers in before you glue it (hangs head in shame)

Thanks I will be careful it started working again all on it's own so I have some time.

Got the new headlights and door switch in the mail and installed but there is def. a door wiring problems it even put me in reduced power mode twice last night and the water temp gauge pegged hot while the oil pressure gauge went to 0 scared the crap out of me.

Either way let's see how things go now with everything hopefully handled outside of that headlight gear for the time being.

That is teh anser. I did it for years.

Headlight gear is easy peasy, just make sure you get the kit with the T bar reinforcement and make sure you put all the little shims and spacers in before you glue it (hangs head in shame)

No glue or shims. It's an early version with screws, not bonded.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok the Vette is getting the Front Bumper repainted one more time because it is a shade to light. I should have it back Sunday.

I finished installing the new Aftermarket Headlights, HID's and I have changed every bulb out for LED's that I could find with the exception of the ones in the window switches etc... need to find some small enough for those.

The Coil Pack Relocation is complete and I like it but I think I want to relocate the coil packs to the fenders so I can really show off the VC's but then again I don't want to make them hard to get to.

I put new rims and tires on the Vette, So far I like them. Thanks Jon for the tire recommendation I like them so far.

I swapped out the Tick Master for a McLoed Master (Clutch Master) and I have to say it is a lot better than the Tick. I was going to put the Tick in Chey's Camaro but I gave it to a friend instead who's having a patch of bad luck with his Trans Am to help him out.

I got the Door Sills from Chad and they look great I am getting really close to being done with the interior of the Vette. Thanks Chad.

Chey's Camaro is coming along nicely! I also got HID's and New Headlights in her car as well as changing out everything to LED's. She now has Switch Backs and I have taken car of almost everything issue I had found to include the Gauge Cluster issue as the prior owner had over lay's made and they were not quite lined up but look very nice.

However I know all of this is really not what interests you, nor the fact that I have over 12 cans of Plasti Dip White Pearl sitting here that I am going to use on the Vette in the next few weeks. (A few cans of black to for the under side of the hood, door jams and such)

You guys want to see these pictures, Chey will not let me share them all and some I don't want to but a few were cute but her swim suit wasn't perfectly lined up so she doesn't want me to share them... sorry guys.

Cheyenne3.jpg

Cheyenne7.jpg

Cheyenne14.jpg

Cheyenne23.jpg

Cheyenne29.jpg

Cheyenne44.jpg

Cheyenne57.jpg

Cheyenne70.jpg

Cheyenne77.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

So let's see I have had 2 tires I just bought (Less than 30 days old) come apart. Discount has replaced them but these new rims and tires have been nothing but problems.

Then after trying everything and confirming there was no exhaust leak I finally took the car to Larry's Engine and they found a clip coming out of the lifter. So I spent the weekend pulling the head off and did have one lifter where the clip was out then a few lifters down I have a lifter that is completely worn down... so there goes the cam again.

Larry's covered the lifters of not anything else as they only assembled the Short Block... now they are looking into to what to do, they offered me a new cam but the labor and work to do it is the issue. They did the install of the lifter's and tray and it looks like the trays may be the issue or a combination of tray and lifters. But the main thing is I do not want to do the work, it's a giant pain in the ass. So right now it's up in the air as to if they will be handling it...

I swear this Vette just hates everyone.

LifterIssue.jpg

Bromley's Corvettes

WOW you have had the worst luck with that car:( I have had a few customers with vettes that it never seemed to end something was always going bad. Fix two or three things and something else would fail.

Just talked to Larry at Larry's Engine and they are going to handle everything with the Vette. I have to say he has gone out of his way to talk to me and handle the situation and I want to thank him for doing so.
I have to wait a little while as we are still trying to figure out if they are going to pull the whole motor as we are worried where the shavings could have gone or just replace the cam and lifters etc.
Either way it's nice to see this kind of dedication and customer service on a hard issue to deal with.
I hope to have the Vette back out next month as we figure out the plan of action and work around the holiday weekend.

Really seems to have taken an attitude with you though....GL with teh exorcism! :ack:

Really seems to have taken an attitude with you though....GL with teh exorcism! :ack:

I'm not sure if I should call a Priest, Richard Simmons or Dawg and Bob to perform the Exorcism though...

... or Dawg and Bob to perform the Exorcism though...

Me and boB can try but you will need to supply the industrial size roll of saranwrap, 1 gallon of EVOO, 1 set of jumper cables, 2 juice boxes with straw included (apple flavor) and a king size snickers candy bar....

A supply of bandaids would be appreciated too...

... or Dawg and Bob to perform the Exorcism though...

Me and boB can try but you will need to supply the industrial size roll of saranwrap, 1 gallon of EVOO, 1 set of jumper cables, 2 juice boxes with straw included (apple flavor) and a king size snickers candy bar....

A supply of bandaids would be appreciated too...

I have to look up what EVOO is but I will get the rest ready.