• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cross

• Desertdawg

• MOTV8

• TheCMSH

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Your bolt is down one of those uncovered intake ports....

I took the papertowels off of picture time then put them back on.

Have always loved that hotrod ..... bettcha can't wait to get it fired again !!!

The new nose will look way bitchin IMO

Have always loved that hotrod ..... bettcha can't wait to get it fired again !!!

The new nose will look way bitchin IMO

Thank you and you're right I am really looking forward to hearing it again. Then getting it painted and showing it off with all the changes.

I am thinking its time to roll out all three toys at the end of the cul de sac and take some pictures... with Cheyenne of course.

• 5 weeks later...

So its been running for two weeks now but I have been waiting on little things (Coolant Passage block off bolt for the Passenger Head and new O2 Sensors as well as other little things) and painted parts to come back. Last weekend I got all the painted parts back on (Front and Rear bumpers, Headlight covers) and I am having the Tiger Shark Bumper painted and worked on but that will take longer so for now I put another stock front bumper on.

Tonight I got most everything handled so it can go through emissions tomorrow! Thought I would take a video of it firing up and running again.

Posted Image

• 1 month later...

Alright, thanks to another local I did buy a new front bumper, a Tigershark that appears to be OEM. Its not made of Fiberglass.

I have given it to the painter so it should be done in about 2 weeks or sooner. Looking forward to putting it on!

In the mean time the car is ready to go and I thought I would add a few pictures of it as it is currently... I also got Chey to pose with it as well.

post-1193-0-55014700-1394415432_thumb.jp

post-1193-0-48753800-1394415448_thumb.jp

post-1193-0-59814900-1394415466_thumb.jp

post-1193-0-76229700-1394415486_thumb.jp

post-1193-0-03291200-1394415504_thumb.jp

post-1193-0-15337700-1394415523_thumb.jp

post-1193-0-90871800-1394415538_thumb.jp

post-1193-0-59112500-1394415555_thumb.jp

post-1193-0-65948600-1394415562_thumb.jp

• 5 weeks later...

Been lurking...looks like things are coming together for this 'vette!

Stay the Course - this is the part where you get to pose like Capt. Morgan in front of the car, even though we all like the pic's of your other half with the cars better!

Been lurking...looks like things are coming together for this 'vette!

Stay the Course - this is the part where you get to pose like Capt. Morgan in front of the car, even though we all like the pic's of your other half with the cars better!

Alright it's on... Still need to adjust headlights and screw on the splash shield but it's on. Now to see if I actually like it. post-1193-0-82726000-1397025958_thumb.jp

Have Chey pose seductively in front of it, and we'll all tell you if its good or not!

Have Chey pose seductively in front of it, and we'll all tell you if its good or not!

But then who's gonna be looking at the car?

• 2 months later...

So the clutch was still bad Monster says they will send a new one... I put in another Monster Stage 2 I happened to have because they swear it's enough clutch for the car.

I got it back from the shop (Had to use a shop for warranty purposes, so a local shop I have dealt with for years did it for 405 out the door as well as fixing the leak I could never find with the trans... turns out it was the skip shift solenoid) and the AC Line off the compressor blew... some day I will get to enjoy this car. Just not now.

So I will take that off and have it fixed. In the mean time I am redoing the PCV System After NicD gave me some pointers and I am going to have the front bumper repainted again because it was a shade off.

Hopefully when everything is done I can work on breaking the clutch in and enjoying the car. Maybe...

Sounds good, but I thing you should use a different way of saying "breaking the clutch in:...Just sayin. Hope you get that thing all ironed out!

Sounds good, but I thing you should use a different way of saying "breaking the clutch in:...Just sayin. Hope you get that thing all ironed out!

That's a very good point.

I got my new AC Line it goes on tomorrow and I will have AC on again so I can start driving the car again to get the clutch ready for heavy use (Best I could come up with).

I also got an OEM Power Steering Cooler and UDP for another 35.00 so I couldn't say no to that. I guess I will be putting those on this weekend. Still need to look into doing an oil cooler but there have been other things going on.

So found the issue with the hose, thought all was well bought new gaskets put it all on and guess what... no.

First the connector to the compressor had a bad wire, replaced that then found the compressor was now leaking...

I swear this is just a never ending trace of one thing after another... by the time I am done there will be nothing left I haven't touched.... I have a spare Compressor but the connector housing on it was broken... hopefully it's still good I will be messing with it tonight.

10514709_830147390331183_210126791494606

So replaced the Compressor with another spare I had that was working but the connector was damaged when it was removed. No big deal clean up the Compressor and swap the magnetic ring with connector from the old one... well got it all together and it will not work... wonderful.

New coil is 250, new compressor 276.... screw it.

This may just end after summer is over and then I can freeze myself out through the winter. YAYAYA

• 2 weeks later...

Ok the AC works after replacing most of the system.

But in better news the Clutch holds great no more issues, still waiting to hear from Monster on the exact cause of the failure but it has a replacement Stage 2 Monster in it already.

However it seems in all the fun I have been having I sheered a bolt on the drivers side rear diff cover... so now the brace on that side and the cover have to come off so I can get that out and reseal it as there is a small leak... I just can't seem to finish this car...

NicD will be seeing it this Friday at AZ Dynochip to finish the tune out so I am excited!

In other news Cheyenne got a new toy, she also took some professional modeling pictures that I will show off when they come back to us this Friday (you guys have to wait for now just like I am sorry...). Her new toy is a 2002 Camaro SS SLP that has a 12 bolt rear end, Viper Spec T56 and a ton of bolt ons while keeping the AC etc. It needs a few things but it just had a 6L put in with a lot of other custom pieces so it's a great start for her. However it needed tires badly so I just gave her my current Rim's on the Vette and took another set of Forged Rims for the Vette... I am not sure I like them or not but her car looks amazing with the Vette's old rims!

This weekend we should have most of it cleaned up and ready to show off. I will still need to find a few little things but it's a great looking SS with around 80k Miles that will be a ton of fun for her until she finally get's the Trans Am or C3 she really wants.

And moving on yet again the FRS has officially gone down, the cam's are variable timing controlled by the PCM and well the PCM lost control of the cams and in an effort to regain control set them to full advance while I was at partial throttle and at 5psi... needless to say damaged took place. This is a well known problem apparently, the Dealer even has a TSB on it but of course mine is not covered under warranty unless I fight Toyota. While I plan to do so I don't expect to win so I decided to jump into the LSx Swap, I dropped it off Saturday to get started and hope to keep everyone updated on the progress.

In the mean time the Vette is coming out quite often and I am enjoying it. If I could just stop dealing with minor things although I guess the AC wasn't as minor as it could have been....

Oh and I have been buying minor things for the Vette and the Camaro this morning. Time to finish changing all the bulbs in the Corvette out for LED's, so I did some ordering online this morning. I also bought some new headlight housings for Chey's Camaro as well they are starting to fade and we both like less chrome as well as the proper housings for HID's.

I also decided it was finally time to install my Chevrolet Valve Covers on the Vette so I ordered the Coil Bracket Relocation kit from Jegg's. This should be fun.... I am going to head down to Don's Hot Rod shop and have them make me some new plug wires.

I want to break 500 NA at the wheels, Nic seemed to think we would be right there so let's hope it happens!

Can't wait to see the pics....not of the cars. I am beginning to sound like Dawg.