The next step for the Vette

Cross

Thats right the 408 is back in... well the short block is. I am still working on it as I can with the Holidays but the motor is in there. Might even have it running by Christmas.

So far I have been making a few weight reductions. Big Papa is getting back one of his subs, both amps, capactors and other setero items. I am going to a single amp 5 channel 2200 watt to run the speakers and sub in the car and selling one of the sub boxes as I don't need it.

I am also selling the Hickock rims and moving on to these that I just bought last night, 18x9 and 18x10.5:

Posted Image
Next will be the C5.5 (C6 Front on a C5) from Mesa, AZ's own 2F Performance.
Posted Image
And last the Widebody Rear Fenders (2" Lip) that have been sitting here waiting to go on. (I am going back and forth on if I will install these or not)
Posted Image
Posted Image
Its being repainted the Factory Green hopefully it should be done being painted in Feb. but we shall see how things play out after selling all these items I have sitting around in the garage and paying for Christmas lol.
Also Tony hooked me up with a C6Z06 Shifter as I just didn't like the MGW so I put that up for sale too.
I took out the center console so I could have it redone, my friend Jack has been handling that for me should be done by the end of the year the prior one had the gauge pockets but the fiberglass was very poorly done and cracking so it needed to be redone. This time it should not be a problem and if everything works out I might even get it Hydro-dipped like I wanted.
The Interior still needs a good shampoo but I will get that done as well, honestly its getting close! The dealer did handle most everything with the exception of my valve springs and I went ahead and studded the motor.
Also the talk of Nitrous is getting rather serious, NicD and I have been discussion just how to do it and I think running 91 might be the best way for now. But we shall see thats after the paint!

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cross

• Desertdawg

• MOTV8

• TheCMSH

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nice. With the wide body fenders and new cover it will be unique. Can't wait to see it all done.

WTF..... Why is this quote here... GGGRRRRR

LOL Alright I will do the fenders. I like that version of it, 2F uses an acutal C6 bumper it looks like where as the other uses C5 Side Markers and is bigger and just looks horrible (thats the eBay one).

I thought about the Tiger Shark but I actually don't like it as much as that one and they are about the same price... until I add in Fog and Side Marker Lights. :LolLol:

To Ref this is the 2F: (Notice the C6 Fog's and Side Markers)

Posted Image

This is the eBay Copy it uses the C5 Side Markers and I agree looks bad:

Posted Image

Should look killer Elliot, I'm surprised more locals haven't swapped to the C5.5 nose! But I still liked the tiger shark nose more.

if this is the business im thinking of, don't drop a dime on "http://www.2fperformance.com"

Ill search ACE to confirm/deny my thinking.

THANKS MHusker;

I was wrong. no bad blood with Guyver vette. please disregard.

Cross you should go for it!!

you always have the best of luck when dealing with Corvette Parts!! :-D

if this is the business im thinking of, don't drop a dime on "http://www.2fperformance.com"

Ill search ACE to confirm/deny my thinking.

EDIT:

I couldn't find what i was looking for, but that website has not been updated for 2+ years. GuyverVette has not been active on ACE for some time too.

I think there was a bad business deal with GuyverVette and GrapeApe/Purplevette/c5 (sorry I forgot your ACE name). If im wrong someone correct me and ill gladly change my post.

IF it was a bad deal... well ..then

Cross you should go for it!!

you always have the best of luck when dealing with Corvette Parts!! :-D

LOL Thanks Chad

It was not GuyverVette that did Grape wrong. It was AECarbon. DO NOT DEAL WITH THIS GUY IF YOU FIND HE IS MAKING PARTS AGAIN. His name is George Husar Jr. If you see this name with anything you are looking to buy, run as fast as you can.

http://www.arizonacorvetteenthusiasts.net/arizonavette/forums/index.php?showtopic=7877&page=2&hl=aecarbon#entry138165

• 2 weeks later...
Ok the rims came in, The motor is back in but when I went to test the C6Z Shifter out I pushed the clutch and it hit the floor... checked and its leaking fluid... how wonderful. It had less than 5k miles on it so I didn't replace it but I have a new one sitting here (along with a new clutch for when I need it) so I have to pull the rack and motor back out... good thing I had not gotten much further than bolting in the motor and the rack, the heads were still off it.
Guess I know what I am doing this weekend and getting the Vette running may not happen as quickly as I wanted it too.
Anyway Since that front bumper has such a negative... opinion else where, how about the Tiger Shark Front Bumper? With or Without the Lip?
With Lip:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Without Lip: (I kinda like this more)
Posted Image

my vote is w/o the lip.

here is Roxxane v2.0

Posted Image

Posted Image

after wider wheels

Posted Image

Was yours the Duraflex version? I have been concerned about that since I have never seen it but I went ahead and bought one today with the lip (Not attached) so I have options.

Also how hard was it to use the brake vents with it?

Only fags run the tigershark nose. Big big fags.

You shut up Grandpa, with your destroying of front core supports/bumpers. :LolLol:

So I had to pull the motor back out this weekend because the Slave that was put in when Big Papa Did his build was bad. Luckily I found out before I torqued down the heads but it still took a whole day to pull it, replace everything and put it back together. However Sunday I made forward progress. I am missing a bolt for the upper A Arm though, I found the washer but not the bolt... how fun. I also have to buy a new clutch master line as the one in the car was in bad shape and I had to cut it off the old Slave Cylinder.

But here she is all torqued down and ready for me to keep working on it this weekend! I also hope to have the Tiger Shark Front bumper by this weekend too.

Posted Image