NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Photos Corvette Detailing Class 101 9/9/2006

nort99

I arrivied at about 7:45 and left around 2:00. Learned a bunch, and even got my feet wet. Phil thanks for being the host. We had a good turn out. I will post what pictures I took. Some good, some not so good. Just click on the link below.

slide show I hope

Thanks Phil and Dwayne for the hard work and the info. You guys motivated me to try to clean up Quiktrip and then keep her clean and shiney. Already picked up the clay bar and will be looking for the other stuff as well. Seeya this weekend, Robert :burnout

Thanks Crew.....I learned alot...

Thanks phil for the use of the space.......

Maybe sometime we could all get together do mine......

Pics are great......I love the one you took of mine...thnks...

Im glad there are no pictuers of me "almost" locking my keys in the car.

whew.

BTW I learned that when Roxxane says "Reserve Fuel".

I have precisely 32 seconds before the car shuts down.

First time in 32 years.

:cool:cool

was a good time, wondered why you pulled off the freeway Chad...

won't mention the near-miss on the freeway going home :ack serpentine time :burnout

Well, Big Thanks to Chad for helping me with my 82, we did a little checking and found the adjustable strut rod on the rear had worked loose allowing the rear camber to go way out of wack and misalign the ujoint.

Once we re-aligned it all the vibration was gone and the trip home was way less stressful....

It was a fun day, thanks to everyone for coming out and Phil for the garage to play in.... :thumbs:thumbs

The best part of the day was seeing Phil turn white when I started wet sanding on his black C5..... :eek

The best part of the day was seeing Phil turn white when I started wet sanding on his black C5..... :eek

Dam sorry I missed that one. Had to leave at 2:00 to get ready for a grand opening of G.A.M.E.S. tonight.

They had some cool cars there, meet some Celebrities also. Lenoard Davis has a couple of his tricked out rides there. Man is he a big dude, 384 lbs, 6ft 7. Hope the cards do well.

Just clay barred the vette...WOW, what a difference that made!!! I just did the hood and the top half of the doors and the rear quarter panels then put a coat of wax on it. I can't wait to get an orbital buffer and the right compounds to really shine her up. :thumbs Robert :burnout

Thanks to the hosts and nice to meet everyone even though it will take about 10 more meets to remember names. Lots of good info and I'm now looking forward to not needed to "wash" the ride as frequently.

BTW, can I get the contact info for the guy that sells the bulk Meguilars products?

Thanks again and look forward to seeing some familiar faces next week! :burnout

:cheers

Just clay barred the vette...WOW, what a difference that made!!! I just did the hood and the top half of the doors and the rear quarter panels then put a coat of wax on it. I can't wait to get an orbital buffer and the right compounds to really shine her up. :thumbs Robert :burnout
'

remember what we talked about today????

http://www.oneplustools.com/special/p430

it is not yet available - but by the time you stop complaining about the heat it should be available! :leaving

Guest SrbijaAZSale

First off, a special thank you to Dwayne and Phil for being so gracious with their time. Thank you everyone who helped and worked on my car. I truly appreciate the effort and the time, and I am a lot more satisfied with my car then I have been in a very long time. Dwayne, Phil and everyone else, your expertise in the area truly shined today, and good deeds are never forgotten. Like I said before, without you guys and everyone else, I'd still be pissed, instead, looking at my car has turned into a renewed love affair. I truly appreciate it.

Alex

You better post pics Alex, after making us wait that long..... :toetap

Really good to hear your happy with the results, and that it's made you feel good about your vette again... Now the job is up to you to keep it looking the best you can.

And remember you or anyone else can always ask for help if you run into any problems. :thumbs

Here's a link to the site we were telling everyone about for detailing supplies...

http://www.autodetailingsolutions.com/

I arrivied at about 7:45 and left around 2:00. Learned a bunch, and even got my feet wet. Phil thanks for being the host. We had a good turn out. I will post what pictures I took. Some good, some not so good. Just click on the link below.

slide show I hope

Great pics! Thanks for sharing.

Darnit, I miss all the good stuff having to work Saturdays. I don't do too bad keeping mine shiney, but I'm self taught and most willing to take pointers. I'd like to do another one of these when it cools down a bit more, but on a Sunday, no? I'll bust-out for some ribs and beer -- whatever it takes to to lure you pros in. I'd love to learn how to wet sand and buff properly. :thumbs

'

remember what we talked about today????

http://www.oneplustools.com/special/p430

it is not yet available - but by the time you stop complaining about the heat it should be available! :leaving

Chris, go to WWW.meguiars.com and put in G104 in the search box. :thumbs Robert :burnout

Well, Big Thanks to Chad for helping me with my 82, we did a little checking and found the adjustable strut rod on the rear had worked loose allowing the rear camber to go way out of wack and misalign the ujoint.

Once we re-aligned it all the vibration was gone and the trip home was way less stressful....

It was a fun day, thanks to everyone for coming out and Phil for the garage to play in.... :thumbs:thumbs

Yay! :clap Glad you found out what the problem was, and that is was an easy fix!

Thanks to both Phil & Dwayne for the 'seminar'-I picked some good info and may have to bust out the weapons of shine. And to think, the kids in the neighborhood made fun of me for washing one car a weekend!

M~

ps-great pics from nort99! I got to see some new faces, even if I didn't meet them!

Ok pix are in from me too.......

http://anmracing.phanfare.com/album/113894/132621/6174347

I have a photo in there of Chad's best side...... :D See if you can find it....

Thanks for the hospitality Phil.... And thanks to those who DIDN'T dog the GTO.... :P It was a great turn out and we had lots of fun....

Thanks Dwayne for taking care of Melissa's car, it came out awesome.

See you all next weekend....

Andrew

Got me orbital buffer and pickup some meguiars swril remover, Did the whold car in it that then put on a coat of meguiars wax. Now she look much better. All ready for the Colorada Bell now. :D

Thx Phil for hosting and Dwayne for all your expertise. Really learned a lot! Great time. Looks like Steve has volunteered to host the next one! :D

Glad we had a great turnout. It is very cool when you have about 20 Vettes parked by your house. Some of the neighbors stopped by later in the evening when I was cleaning up. They thought is was very cool to see so many Vettes in one place.

I also learned something this during Saturday. You all might take note on this one, because I think I can never forget it. Anyway, for those that have Window Valet, Never...I mean NEVER, activate the system to close your windows, and then throw your keys on the front seat. The system will lock you out of your car. Just ask CHAD. He was quick enough to stick his arm in the window to not allow it to completely close. It was a good thing we had some West :chris Siders that knew how to open vehicles using certain tools. :smilelol

On a more serious note, I did learn how to Wet Sand and repolish the sanded area. Thanks for taking the time to show me Dwayne. It was a nerve racking experience. I complete the process on my mother in laws Santa Fe. Then Dwayne put me through a difficult 10 minutes while he sanded my Vette, and refinished it.

Until next time, keep them Vettes shining and looking clean.

Phil... :devil

I'm sorry I missed this one. Trip to Tucson was productive as we bought Kim a new Mercedes C230. As I've said before "if Mom ain't happy, nobody's happy!"

I've got a couple of bird crap spots that I got off but there are scratches that I need to learn to polish. Count on me Steve if you host the next one. If you don't have room I'd volunteer too.

I worked auto theft for 8yrs of my LE career and I can confirm if you want a car broken into call a westsider. :yesnod