• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1EvilC5

• Bigfoot

• Eddie44

• Desertdawg

:agree Backed the 'vette out to clean her up this morning and promptly got sprinkled on...sign from above. So I'm getting dragged around the mall by my wife & kids today...*sob* :(

Am I wrong or did Brian jinx us with his 'rain or shine' question? Jeez. :huh

I'm heading south around 11 to join the fun. See youse soon!

M~

Well I made it home from the get together - no problem.

Spent the next four hours working on the carb and the tach.

Wouldn't you know when I am done adjusting the secondary float, the tach decides to stop working. Both are back in shape now, the car is running fine. Still can't figure out why the secondaries are not opening.

Glad I got to meet a few of you and thanks for the help getting me and my car back home.

Dave

Well I made it home from the get together - no problem.

Spent the next four hours working on the carb and the tach.

Wouldn't you know when I am done adjusting the secondary float, the tach decides to stop working. Both are back in shape now, the car is running fine. Still can't figure out why the secondaries are not opening.

Glad I got to meet a few of you and thanks for the help getting me and my car back home.

Dave

Man, I'm bumming that I didn't get to see your car, Dave! Always good to see the sharks in motion (I know, mine doesn't see a lot of daylight). Darn carbs! Glad you made it home safe and sound.

M~

Sonya and I would like to say thanks for the invite and the chance to just hang around. Were looking forward to doing that a lot more.

Man, I'm bumming that I didn't get to see your car, Dave! Always good to see the sharks in motion (I know, mine doesn't see a lot of daylight). Darn carbs! Glad you made it home safe and sound.

M~

Sorry I missed you - I was limping home. If I cannot get this thing running and reliable for a weekend and once a week to work car then I will be looking at alternatives. Very frustrated with it and my wife is just as frustrated with me for spending so much time screwing with it.

Thanks Phil,

I Learned alot from everyone thanks............

Maybe next time we could do Mine...... :rolleyes

Hey Dave, nice meeting you (nice 72 BTW) and a few others that I haven't seen before. It was a nice outing except for a little rain. Anyway, here is the carb sho pthat I was telling you about. I hope you can get her fixed up and running like a top soon. I feel your pain though, ask me how many years mine has been in work...DOH!

Carb Specialties

3137 W Virginia Ave

Phoenix, AZ 85009

(602) 278-5140

Kevin Schmiege owner/operator since 1990.

TB rebushing job, $25 for rebush on shafts each plus $10 parts. Next day pickup. Also does all sorts of carbs of course. Mon-Fri 8am-5pm

I'm not going to recommend them as the greatest shop in the world and you need to go there. However, I took two sets of TBs to him and he did a great job for me, price is right and the turnaround was good as well along with the quality. Call him up and chat with him and see if you want to take your carb to him or not. Good luck for sure.

Good to see everyone. Learned a lot and look forward putting some of it to use getting mine cleaned up better.

Also looking forward to next weekend. :burnout

Thom,

Shouldn't that be "Thanks for NOT bumping into me again"???????

Good to see you again today, and your bird poop too... :ack

BTW, here is a link to the site we told everyone about for your detailing supplies...

http://www.autodetailingsolutions.com/

Good prices and Rick is really a master of the shine!!!!

M~

Sorry I missed you - I was limping home. If I cannot get this thing running and reliable for a weekend and once a week to work car then I will be looking at alternatives. Very frustrated with it and my wife is just as frustrated with me for spending so much time screwing with it.

Well, it is a 35 year old car....mine was really reliable the first three years I had it, and this past year has been a trial. Brakes, clutch, carb....can't say I am surprised, but my wallet is very empty and it's taking forever!

It can't hurt to get an opinion on your carb issues from Buccaneer's guy. But, isn't this the carb that was all rebuilt nice and pretty? I'll let you know if I get anywhere with my carb issues.

M~

It did look nice and pretty like a new Holley, but the secondaries are not working and there is a rear float issue with the valve. Looked like it was the wrong one (short) when Dwayne and I looked at it.

It's been a ton of years since I had to mess with a carb motor, two 660 Holley's on my tunnel ram "69" Z/28. But that's what it lookedl like to me, just my :2cents Good luck none the less on the fix and let us know what the fix is/was.