NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

*updated *corvette Saturday - Detailing 101

1EvilC5

I will have a Corvette Saturday at my home on Saturday, September 9th starting around 8:00 AM.

We will be definetly working on Alex's Black Z06. Any other takers that want to have their car detailed?

Dwayne will also be on hand to assist with the detailing.

OK here is an update for this Saturday. I have put together all the names of who has posted and or sent me a PM. Just because your name is not on the list, does not mean you can not show up. The more the merrier.

• 1EvilC5 - Phil
  • DesertDawg – Dwayne
  • Togo – Chris
  • Eddie44 – Eddie
  • ChadC – Chad
  • Buccaneer – Tom
  • CZYDMND – Brian
  • Quicktrip – Robert
  • DSNTSUK – Dave
  • TEXAZC6 – Phil
  • SrbijaAZSale– Alex
  • roneva – Ron
  • dss LT1 – David
  • BigFoot99 – Sean
  • coconut girl – Pam
  • MOTV8 – Dean
  • jmartin – Jack
  • nort99 – Mike
  • racingchester – Chuck
  • AZ57Chevy – Mark
  • anmracing – Melissa
  • quadracr – Tracy
  • Phoenix FRC – Thomas
  • Harris – Gary
  • azslim – Thom
Hope to see everyone that I have replied to on a PM. If you would like to stop by and just say hello, here is my address and phone numbers.

938 E Carla Vista Dr

Gilbert AZ 85296

480-855-9897 Home

480-326-4456 Cell

Phil... :devil

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1EvilC5

• Bigfoot

• Eddie44

• Desertdawg

Yeah, unless all hell breaks loose, I'll be there with rotary in hand....

We will be looking for someone that might need something wet sanded, nothing major like the whole car as that would take to long...

Try to post a pic of your problems, it would be nice to know ahead of time what were getting into.

We have already seen Alex's problem, it will probably be the guinea pig to start with....Scottwax1.gif

i don't have any pics - but i definitely got tons of swirl marks - prolly no need to wet sand but i'll be there with my meguiars products in hand! :D

I think I can make that one. I know you don't live far from me Phil, a mile or two. Shout me some mail for the address.

sounds like fun. Ill be there with my Apron and my grinder.
and i'm not sure what you'll need them for, but bring those rubber gloves - maybe we can put my flasher in my third brake light? :yesnod

For the sake of some of the new folks around here everyone is welcome at any ACE event. We don't have any invitations other than this Forum so feel free to attend if it interests you. :yesnod

I'll try to swing out too. I have a bag-o-zaino that is taunting me. Its just been so damn HOT. We have the whole house thing going on too, but the dust should be settled by then.

For the sake of some of the new folks around here everyone is welcome at any ACE event. We don't have any invitations other than this Forum so feel free to attend if it interests you. :yesnod

Eddie is correct on this topic.

If you need my address, just send me a PM or call me.

480-326-4456

I will have a Corvette Saturday at my home on Saturday, September 9th starting around 8:00 AM.

We will be definetly working on Alex's Black Z06. Any other takers that want to have their car detailed?

Hope to see some new faces that have not made it out to an event.

Let me know who needs directions.

Any particular supplies to bring or do the corvette newbs get to learn about what works best too? I've seen lots of recommendations but most of that stuff is mail order so I've been using over the counter wash/polish etc. till I learn more about it.

Very interested, can I get the address?

:cheers

Guest SrbijaAZSale

And ummm, I will be there (odd, huh) :D

I'll be bringing the prerequisite for every detailing party.....beer...and whatever else I need to bring.

Alex

Hope to see some new faces that have not made it out to an event.

Let me know who needs directions.

Any particular supplies to bring or do the corvette newbs get to learn about what works best too? I've seen lots of recommendations but most of that stuff is mail order so I've been using over the counter wash/polish etc. till I learn more about it.

Very interested, can I get the address?

:cheers

For those that want to learn, come out and you will also get some hands on. Detailing is not difficult with the right tools. As for recommendations, I will say any product will work fine, as long as you read the directions and apply it correctly. Some people will prefer a particular product(s) over another, but once you find something that is easy to work with, you will end up sticking with that.

See you Saturday.

:bang Me too! Phil send me a pm or directions. Thx

I'd like directions too - what time is this happening?

Looking to start around 8:00 AM but will be working through the afternoon most likely. PM will be sent shortly.

:bang Me too! Phil send me a pm or directions. Thx

I'd like directions too - what time is this happening?

Same here. PM directions please. I would love to come out.

coconut girl

We will be in Phoenix that day buying some wheels for my baby. Can we just stop by and say hi?

Just need directions.

Can we just stop by and say hi?

Just need directions.

:agree Cool "theme" for a 'Vette Saturday, most everybody needs detailing tips! :thumbs

PM sent. Thanks for hosting Phil! :clap

We will be in Phoenix that day buying some wheels for my baby. Can we just stop by and say hi?

Just need directions.

Stop by and show off your wheels! :thumbs

Can we just stop by and say hi?

Just need directions.

:agree Cool "theme" for a 'Vette Saturday, most everybody needs detailing tips! :thumbs

PM sent. Thanks for hosting Phil! :clap

I have sent my address and phone numbers.

Just use google maps or similar to get directions.

Who else needs directions?

hey phil I would love to come but the wife has planed something for that saturday. Will you be doing this again sometime? And maybe you could pm your address just in case..... thanks

jack :thumbs