Just making sure I got this right......

FNBADAZ06

Current ACE decorum Not acceptable (unless it's placed in the "basement" section ?): 1) political commentary or discussion - check 2) religous commentary or discussion - check 3) sexually explicit commentary, pictures, or innuendo - check 4) threatening comments made against another individual, ACE member or not - check 5) commentary, pic's, video, etc. promoting illegal activity - check Acceptable : 1) inflammatory threads and commentary aimed at a person or persons, ACE member or not - check Am I missing anything ? This general question is directed to the ACE membership as a whole, and not to the Moderators , any one individual, or event. Honest, direct,(but with a measure of maturity), answers are solicited ......we're not in high school anymore. :popcorn:

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• FNBADAZ06

• Desertdawg

• Marco

• Ted Y

Top Posters In This Topic

With all the phone calls, text, PM's, and e-mails I've recieved over the last 48-72 hours.....I've taken off the FNBADAZ06 suit for a while and pose the question as myself (for once :smilelol ) I'm the Great and Powerful OZ (reference new avatar).......not Dr. Phil :lol

Not acceptable (unless it's placed in the "basement" section ?):

1) political commentary or discussion - check

No politics, anywhere

2) religous commentary or discussion - check

No Religion anywhere

3) sexually explicit commentary, pictures, or innuendo - check

No XXX stuff, but R rated is allowed in the basement

4) threatening comments made against another individual, ACE member or not - check

No threats allowed anywhere, this is why the last person got banned

5) commentary, pic's, video, etc. promoting illegal activity - check

this is to vague to answer

Acceptable :

1) inflammatory threads and commentary aimed at a person or persons, ACE member or not - check

are you confusing inflammatory with humorous?

Am I missing anything ?

This general question is directed to the ACE membership as a whole, and not to the Moderators , any one individual, or event.

Honest, direct,(but with a measure of maturity), answers are solicited ......we're not in high school anymore. :popcorn:

Well......since you asked : in·flam·ma·to·ry (n-flm-tôr, -tr) adj. 1. Arousing passion or strong emotion, especially anger, belligerence, or desire. 2. Characterized or caused by inflammation. hu·mor (hymr) n. 1. The quality that makes something laughable or amusing; funniness: could not see the humor of the situation. 2. That which is intended to induce laughter or amusement: a writer skilled at crafting humor. 3. The ability to perceive, enjoy, or express what is amusing, comical, incongruous, or absurd. See Synonyms at wit1. 4. One of the four fluids of the body, blood, phlegm, choler, and black bile, whose relative proportions were thought in ancient and medieval physiology to determine a person's disposition and general health. 5. Physiology a. A body fluid, such as blood, lymph, or bile. b. Aqueous humor. c. Vitreous humor. 6. A person's characteristic disposition or temperament: a boy of sullen humor. 7. An often temporary state of mind; a mood: I'm in no humor to argue. 8. a. A sudden, unanticipated whim. See Synonyms at mood1. b. Capricious or peculiar behavior. tr.v. hu·mored, hu·mor·ing, hu·mors 1. To comply with the wishes or ideas of; indulge. 2. To adapt or accommodate oneself to. See Synonyms at pamper. Idiom: out of humor In a bad mood; irritable. Based on this snipe I got off the Inter-webs, humor can cover a wide variety of meanings. Inflammatory was not quite as ambiguous. am·big·u·ous (m-bgy-s) adj. 1. Open to more than one interpretation: an ambiguous reply. 2. Doubtful or uncertain: "The theatrical status of her frequently derided but constantly revived plays remained ambiguous" (Frank Rich).

Lets look at these 2 items

Can you post a video of a group of Corvette's speeding?

Can we talk about who did the best burnout leaving the last lunch?

Can I post a picture of a load of drugs and say, lets get high under it?

Acceptable :

1) inflammatory threads and commentary aimed at a person or persons, ACE member or not - check

Do you mean relentless posting about how someone can mess up? examples: Duncan, Garden knome burnouts, tire removal....etc...

Acceptable :

Do you mean relentless posting about how someone can mess up? examples: Duncan, Garden knome burnouts, tire removal....etc...

5) I think that when buried in the basement, and I'll limit the discussion to car related activities, this one is somewhat left to the discression of the mod's. In the direct context of my statement, I believe there is a standing order/rule, that no video's, pic's or discussions related to street racing, "kills" (in the street racing context), and driving manners deemed "reckless" and/or illegal, are unacceptable.

1) Relentless posting of an event where someone "messed up" ?..... if identified by the participant as being uncomfortable and having no desire to re-live it...sure, I could see that as inflammatory to continue to pursue commentary. I see words thrown around, such as thick or thinned skin, mentioned all the time here, when a thread or comment gets antagonisitic. I fully understand some can take a ribbing, while other can't.....and I'm sure most (if not all) here can make that distinction as well.

Acceptable :

5) I think that when buried in the basement, and I'll limit the discussion to car related activities, this one is somewhat left to the discression of the mod's. In the direct context of my statement, I believe there is a standing order/rule, that no video's, pic's or discussions related to street racing, "kills" (in the street racing context), and driving manners deemed "reckless" and/or illegal, are unacceptable.

1) Relentless posting of an event where someone "messed up" ?..... if identified by the participant as being uncomfortable and having no desire to re-live it...sure, I could see that as inflammatory to continue to pursue commentary. I see words thrown around, such as thick or thinned skin, mentioned all the time here, when a thread or comment gets antagonisitic. I fully understand some can take a ribbing, while other can't.....and I'm sure most (if not all) here can make that distinction as well.

edit: double post.....I must like hearing myself talk :smilelol

Well......since you asked :

in·flam·ma·to·ry (n-flm-tôr, -tr)

adj.

1. Arousing passion or strong emotion, especially anger, belligerence, or desire.

hu·mor (hymr)

n.

1. The quality that makes something laughable or amusing; funniness: could not see the humor of the situation.

2. That which is intended to induce laughter or amusement: a writer skilled at crafting humor.

3. The ability to perceive, enjoy, or express what is amusing, comical, incongruous, or absurd.

I thinned it down a little..

you know what 1 person see's as humor, 30 will call it inflammatory... and, heres the really important part...

Vice-Versa

I know who is in your ear and while he may be crying about what he see's on ACE, he did this to himself.

I love the guy but he can't control his keyboard and we can't allow him to continue making unsettling comments on here that disrupt the regular enjoyment of ACE by the rest of the membership...

and I guess I forgot one here...

Can someone post a detailed plan to harm another person at a specific location???

Mike made his bed, and he is facing the consequences of his actions. I'm not in any way defending what he said, or the mannerism in which he expressed himself.....and he'll be the first one to tell you I said as such during our conversations. That doesn't change the underlying context of my question......what is deemed acceptable decorm on the ACE board ? Is inflammatory commentary, disguised as humor, acceptable ? I can make jokes all day long about race, religion, gender, policitcs, that many may find humorous ........but I'm sure we can agree that it most certainly can be taken as inflammatory to some as well, right ? Who makes that distinction ?

Victor. is your employer paying you to work, or post? :lol

As much time as I've spent responding to various communications in the last couple of days, I should have just taken vacation days :facepalm:

jokes about race, religion, gender, policitcs are not allowed... but Using that as a bad example, There has to be a point where the one voice isn't the ruling factor. Why do we all have to conform to the squeeky wheel? Do we put a number on it? If 20 members laugh it is acceptible and not inflammatory to that one member who sends a PM to us? But if just 19 members laugh then we have to close it because of that one PM... My morals and standards do not rule ACE, neither does Ted's or Chad's or the lady that joined for one day then bitched and quit because of Jim's sig with the ACE salute. We as an admin/mod group discuss the issue and decide as a group what to do, does that mean your opinion doesn't matter? NO, your input and the rest of the ACE membership will always be welcome and valued to help us keep ACE an open, FUN, and friendly forum!

jokes about race, religion, gender, policitcs are not allowed... but

Using that as a bad example, There has to be a point where the one voice isn't the ruling factor. Why do we all have to conform to the squeeky wheel?

Do we put a number on it? If 20 members laugh it is acceptible and not inflammatory to that one member who sends a PM to us? But if just 19 members laugh then we have to close it because of that one PM...

My morals and standards do not rule ACE, neither does Ted's or Chad's or the lady that joined for one day then bitched and quit because of Jim's sig with the ACE salute. We as an admin/mod group discuss the issue and decide as a group what to do, does that mean your opinion doesn't matter? NO, your input and the rest of the ACE membership will always be welcome and valued to help us keep ACE an open, FUN, and friendly forum!

Alllmost PC :lol

Thanks Marco :thumbs:lol

This general question is directed to the ACE membership as a whole, and not to the Moderators , any one individual, or event.

Honest, direct,(but with a measure of maturity), answers are solicited ......we're not in high school anymore. :popcorn:

Like Vic said, everyone please voice your opinion. And this isn't just about Mike or any posts after him.

Please let us know what you like or dislike about the forum, Help us make it better....

So just to be sure, this kind of post would be frowned upon: As I was thinking about the Obama communist agenda that is ruining this country I realized that I was cruising in my vette at about 175mph. I then decided to stop at the Champagne Room and have filthy sex to control my political anger. As I was walking in I slapped a handicap gimp vagrant who was holding a sign that said "God is watching you." The first thought that popped into my head was "phuck all these Judeo-Christian values" and then I proceeded to burn a copy of the Quran. I did this because I wanted to be sure to take a crap on all major religions. Then after going through most of the Kama Sutra repertoire I realized that my whore had died! I quickly chopped her up and threw the pieces in the garbage disposal and left the whorehouse clean of evidence. It then occurred to me to share my adventures with this forum. I became a little concerned because some of you ace holes might take offense to this kind of post, but I decided that I would hunt down and phuck up anybody that complained. We all are a bunch of white trash, crackers, niggers, spicks, wetbacks, camel jockeys, gooks, and kikes! Did I miss anything?

Yes, you are correct, that is not allowed. And I'm not even going to edit it because while ACE is protected against public prosecution because of what a member posts, you are not! You still have to be responsible for the content you create and choose to display within your post!

Come here, be a reasonably decent human being, and there will likely never be a problem. If you come here and cause no-end of problems, then try to deflect blame by hiding behind "oh, well, so and so did this and I don't like it" is just cheap and childish(my words). As Dwayne just said, if you have a problem with what goes on around here then let us all know, don't use it as an excuse later on down the road to justify doing something crappy.

My two cents, carry on :thumbs (please ignore my sig pic)

Damnit! I now have no recollection of that event... :facepalm:

and your smart enough to know that by the time you made this second post that this page has already been indexed by at least google if not yahoo and bing search engines, Wile you don't see them in the active member list on the bottom of the forum, they are there and I can make them visible again, but seeing a googlebot listed 14 times a minute is annoying.. :lol

So if someone else posts a proagraph like you did, and you find it offensive. How would you suggest we handle it?

So if someone else posts a proagraph like you did, and you find it offensive. How would you suggest we handle it?

Not too many things would offend me when done in jest or with sarcasm attached. However, if someone clearly takes offense then it should be stopped. Obviously, real criminal behavior or threats should be reported.

Damnit! I now have no recollection of that event... :facepalm:

and your smart enough to know that by the time you made this second post that this page has already been indexed by at least google if not yahoo and bing search engines, Wile you don't see them in the active member list on the bottom of the forum, they are there and I can make them visible again, but seeing a googlebot listed 14 times a minute is annoying.. :lol

well, he didn't copy it from anywhere....nice! but your drawing attention....oops why are those black cars across....

Not too many things would offend me when done in jest or with sarcasm attached. However, if someone clearly takes offense then it should be stopped. Obviously, real criminal behavior or threats should be reported.

Thanks for the constructive input :thumbs

And I agree with you whole heartedly, I could have written that statement myself!

I think for teh most part we do a fairly good job of staying within the lines. I think that there are a few majority opinions that get more lee way than others, but not a big deal. I also have a habit of just letting shit roll off my shoulders, It's an internet forum, you can't take it too serious. If someone says something that I don't like, I can choose to respond with a differing opinion which I sometimes do, or I can just ignore it. Or I suppose I can go to google and find an inappropriate picture that makes me laugh and post that. I think Mike stepped over the line and I don't take issue with him getting a temporary ban. He and Tom had some banter back and forth over the last month or so, and I thought it was two buddies just going on. After a while it became clear that they are not buddies and actually after each other and at that point I thought it was a bit much, but let it go. It was obnoxious and uncalled for but probably only warranted a "settle down". At the point that Mike started directly or indirectly started threatening people, repeatedly, that was out of line and a ban works just fine. Mike sees it as "speaking his mind" but I also have to assume that to some degree he knows he was wrong for making those statements, but just doesn't care. I'm pretty Ok with most any posts or whatever being said until it turns to a personal fight. I don't have to agree with everything I read. I can just move on.

an FYI for everyone,

Mike stood his ground and would not retract(sic.) his threat, we tried.

Your last line is our motto...

I don't have to agree with everything I read. I can just move on.