NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

DesertStreetCars.com Inde Track Day Feb 16th

GTABurnout

When I had breakfast this morning I sat next to the whole Viper crew. They asked what I had. I said a Vette. I asked what they had one told me 1:45 seconds I asked what kind of car they told me viper. The 1:45 was there lap time i later found out. Today they ran mostly on race tires and seemed much faster than I could have imagine. My fastest lap times were 1:50 seconds. Hunter told us we couldn't drag race any of the Vipers down the main straight. I only had one chance. However all I could hear is Hunters little voice in my head saying to let the Vipers pass by. They were surprising fast that's all 'll say.

SLAMMER

Wow, you guys are having a great time. Those are fast times in street cars. Just for a reference last October at Inde in the same configuration the fastest guys (race group) with NASA were running 1:35:XXX. If I remember my best times were 1:41:xxx (with new tires) I plan to run with NASA when they are at Inde on May 4, hopefully the same configuration....NASA calls it "the fast configuration". Thus those time you are running are very fast for street cars.

The viper guys with a pro driver go one of the tock cars down to 1:39 by the end of the day. Great time for sure.

Holy cr*p! Just goes to show how good the pro drivers are. Jeez add a set of slicks to that car and they would probably run 1:35 that's just amazing.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GTABurnout

• FNBADAZ06

• SLAMMER

• azz061

Holy cr*p! Just goes to show how good the pro drivers are. Jeez add a set of slicks to that car and they would probably run 1:35 that's just amazing.

Well I am pretty happy, Not sure if it was my fastest lap of the day but I saw blood in the water (Tim's Vert) and I put together a 1:48 chasing him down. I may have been on a better lap but there was some slower traffic :smilelol .

So there's my best lap time I got on video...

http://youtu.be/mg2dMMi0nxs

Well I am pretty happy, Not sure if it was my fastest lap of the day but I saw blood in the water (Tim's Vert) and I put together a 1:48 chasing him down. I may have been on a better lap but there was some slower traffic :smilelol .

So there's my best lap time I got on video...

http://youtu.be/mg2dMMi0nxs

Very nice Hunter.

VenomOnWheels

I had a very good time at the track. The SRT engineers and Viper GTSs helped make it special. Thanks all for your hospitality, good conversation, and ride-alongs. Note: Erich and Chris are not professional drivers. They're both SRT engineers based at the Auburn Hills Michigan Chrysler headquarters who just happen to be darn good drivers.

I had a very good time at the track. The SRT engineers and Viper GTSs helped make it special. Thanks all for your hospitality, good conversation, and ride-alongs.

Note: Erich and Chris are not professional drivers. They're both SRT engineers based at the Auburn Hills Michigan Chrysler headquarters who just happen to be darn good drivers.

Thanks for coming out. I thought the SRT guys had a pro with them driving the Blue car. I know the suspension guy was just a club racer. Either way 1:39's in a street based car is pretty good. I think next event we will try to do the full course again I want to attack that 2 min lap time. And maybe the Vettes will put up more of a fight. :smilelol

Hunter please........ I don't wanna have to post up the 4 videos of the vettes reeling you in and passing you. Up to now I have let you have your fun! But let's not get too carried away. Don't get me wrong you drove your car very hard. Infact you might say you were on FIRE!!! I'm looking forward to the next trip back to Inde. Hopefully Victors car will be finished then we'll let the smack talking begin. SLAMMER

Nice laps, Hunter.....and good to see Tim give you the point-by since you were running so well. :thumbs I'll just sit in the back of the pack on the next event....don't want to hold anyone up, since it's been a year plus since my last track outing, and I've never driven that configuration. Don't want to be intimidated by the Evo drivers, let alone the vert owners :smilelol