NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

What would you do to HOXXOH's floor plan

Marco

Switch position on master bed/bath bedroom with garage. Yeah it'll move garage door to the front, but think of when you bring groceries into the house.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Marco

• HOXXOH

• Desertdawg

• JLs Mistress

Top Posters In This Topic

why are you creating protuding closet walls into a room, be aware the murphy bed may be removed. actually, those closets are not really there, when drawing it I didn't click cabinet...it's all one wall unit

So if you remove the murphy/cabinet you now have a room with no closet???

why does the coat closet door open into the entry/exit pathway? This could swing either way, it's a matter of preference but mostly you'll use it from the house side when grabbing a vacuum or whatever

your still blocking an egress, or emergency exit path

and that closet now creates a protuding wall into the office. This was done intentionally as there is a desk unit that goes into the 6'5" area of the office

Built in desk = cool, if not you have an odd size space to fill later.

family bath wall adjacent to the master, no! this wall will be sound insulated but the area could be re-worked if this is a worry

move the washer/dreyer off the master wall. noise! I did think we could flip the W/D to the other side and move the door to the bedroom and the door to the laundry down. All water closet and laundry walls will be insulated.

Sound insulated interior walls are still costly right???? I mean true sound insulating, just stuffing extra batting in there won't cut it if you have shirts with snaps or jeans with buttons rattling around in the dryer, an unballanced load spinning in the washer, or water noises from the bathroom (think drain gurgle, sink or tub spigit noise, or toilet bowl noise)

why are you creating protuding closet walls into a room, be aware the murphy bed may be removed. actually, those closets are not really there, when drawing it I didn't click cabinet...it's all one wall unit

So if you remove the murphy/cabinet you now have a room with no closet???

why does the coat closet door open into the entry/exit pathway? This could swing either way, it's a matter of preference but mostly you'll use it from the house side when grabbing a vacuum or whatever

your still blocking an egress, or emergency exit path

and that closet now creates a protuding wall into the office. This was done intentionally as there is a desk unit that goes into the 6'5" area of the office

Built in desk = cool, if not you have an odd size space to fill later.

family bath wall adjacent to the master, no! this wall will be sound insulated but the area could be re-worked if this is a worry

move the washer/dreyer off the master wall. noise! I did think we could flip the W/D to the other side and move the door to the bedroom and the door to the laundry down. All water closet and laundry walls will be insulated.

Sound insulated interior walls are still costly right???? I mean true sound insulating, just stuffing extra batting in there won't cut it if you have shirts with snaps or jeans with buttons rattling around in the dryer, an unballanced load spinning in the washer, or water noises from the bathroom (think drain gurgle, sink or tub spigit noise, or toilet bowl noise)

Hallway closet could be accessed from the living area, I believe we had that once.

Murphy bed cabinet wall, it has closets built in but if not we can still build them in drywall. this room had a lot of thought.

I use this really dense insulation it's not Batts it's kind of like Cellouse except even more dense...insulation is cheap..can't hear anything from my rooms using that stuff...unless the spin cycle gets out of balance, then I'm glad I can hear it.

:thumbs

Tom,

I'm not going to add to the bash here, if you really want my professional commentary I will give it to you. I know Marc is doing exactly what he's supposed to do, and that's exactly what YOU want. I deal with ADA and other assorted design issues everyday so I'm not just some dude off the street throwing around my opinion. My opinion, in short, you need to add square footage, this layout is not "gurney"/ADA/emergency response/caregiver friendly in my professional opionion

If you're open to input then great, I'll be happy to give you my evaluations and recommendations. If you merely going to defend the design as "this is what I want, this is the only way it's going to be" then I'm not even going to waste my time with it.

Bottom line, while Chad may have been blunt (perhaps a bit excessively) he was merely pointing out different ideas resulting from different thought processes. I can look at almost any design or walk into any space and tell you 50 different ways it could've been done. Does it make the original design wrong? Not really, but it does open up the mind to possibilities, if one is willing to entertain them.

Let me know....... :thumbs

I didn't know all the response that Marc's posting was going to elict. So when Chad posted that the architect was an idiot, but without knowing the requirements or that the plan was a joint effort between Marc and myself, it started to turn confrontational.

Maybe starting a new thread would be a better solution, so all the issues in this one will fade away and it can get a fresh start. I welcome input, but not criticism without a reasonable explanation and an accompanying resolution.