NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

2nd Annual Vettes 4 Vets Corvette & Ssr Show

Blacksedan87

Blacksedan87

When: November 18th 2nd Annual Vettes 4 Vets

Where:52nd Street Armory 1335 N. 52nd Street

CORVETTE AND SSR SHOW

Hosted by Sun Country Corvette Club to benefit AZ National Guard Family Readiness Group HELP SUPPORT FAMILIES OF ENLISTED SOLDIERS

Lots of stuff is planned: Guest speakers, Project Challenge marching band, Color Guard and military helicopters and vehicles on display. Food and drink, raffles, and DJ. Dash plaques and goodie bag to first 100 entries. Gary Parrish 623-582-5032 Time: 10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. Registration: $25.00 per car.

Click on this link for a flyer and registration form....

http://www.suncountrycorvette.com/PD...s4Vets2006.pdf

I'm not promoting this show for Sun country - I just think that it's for a great cause, and I know that most of you rarely if ever venture over to the Corvette Forum Southwest section. F.Y.I.

Randy

Guest Kens06

Randy,

Thanks for the heads up!!

I went last year with a group of Z06 people and it was a fun time!

Lots of sweet Vettes supporting a good cause!!

The only other local from ACE was Phil!! But he's everywhere!!

Ken

Blacksedan87
Randy,

Thanks for the heads up!!

I went last year with a group of Z06 people and it was a fun time!

Lots of sweet Vettes supporting a good cause!!

The only other local from ACE was Phil!! But he's everywhere!!

Ken

I'm going to try to make it a point to attend this one too, Ken. As I said - it's for a great cause. I hope the A.C.E. group can make a good showing. :thumbs

Thanks Randy for sharing the info here.

I spoke to a Sun Country member last Saturday when I stopped at the Pavillions, on my way home from the Corvette Saturday Lunch, and he shared they were looking to have a big turnout this year compared to last year.

As for last years event, it was pretty cool. I met the members from Z06Vette that joined here after that. I just remember when I left it felt like a FLY BY very cool. :thumbs

Guest Kens06
I just remember when I left it felt like a FLY BY very cool. :thumbs

That's right!! :yesnod:yesnod

You have never seen so many people get whiplash spinning around to see what was making that noise as Phil blasted up the street to McDowell!! :clap:clap

These people own and drive Vette's, not Honda's!!

Absolutely priceless!!

Ken

Blacksedan87

You're welcome, Phil. Just trying to perform in my capacity as Events Coordiantor for the CF. Interesting sidenote though - I sent an email to the president of Sun Country along with a link to the SW section CF of the post, and he didn't even bother to acknowledge or reply........ :confused

• 4 weeks later...
You're welcome, Phil. Just trying to perform in my capacity as Events Coordiantor for the CF. Interesting sidenote though - I sent an email to the president of Sun Country along with a link to the SW section CF of the post, and he didn't even bother to acknowledge or reply........ :confused

imagine that :bang

imagine that :bang

I saw him very briefly on Corvette Saturday at the Pavilions this past Saturday and I was contemplating going up to him and asking him if he got my message - but by the time I turned around, he was gone...it was getting cloudy. :willy What a :cone !

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Okay, here is the caravan info for the run. We're going to meet at my house in Tucson at 7:00 AM. Shortly after that we will depart and stop in Casa Grande at 8:00 AM to meet some more forum members. Then there will be the normal sprint to the show in Phoenix. PM me for any additional information or directions.

Okay, here is the caravan info for the run. We're going to meet at my house in Tucson at 7:00 AM. Shortly after that we will depart and stop in Casa Grande at 8:00 AM to meet some more forum members. Then there will be the normal sprint to the show in Phoenix. PM me for any additional information or directions.

Ahhh, crap. If it was this weekend, I'd be there, can't make it on the 18th. I need to learn how to read.

Hey ACE members!!!!!

This is about supporting our guard members fighting OVER THERE, by dropping off can goods and/or money for their wives and kids HERE!!

You don't have to get into the car show!

The Z06Vette.com people last year just showed up and bought stuff and had a great time!!

med_gallery_17_6_437522.jpg

We got our little corner and had fun!

It's not about being dissed by dicks!

It's a chance to help OUR local guys family's!!

Bring canned food, money, toys, buy t-shirts (% goes to the cause) or just show off your car, you go the Pavs for free!!

If nothing else, just stop by and drop of a buck or two and check it out!!

Let's show Sun Country it's about the Corvette Community and what WE can do!

However, if the Z community can bring people from Sierra Vista, Tucson and Yuma!

The ACE community better have 20 show up!!

We (ACE) got our azzes kicked last year in a local event!

PLEASE, make the time to show and donate!

I've never asked you guys for anything!!

NOW I AM!!

Ken

Can only echo what Ken said. I have a son who spent 15 mos in that sandpile and is going back the day after Thanksgiving but this time as a civilian. I will be there to donate but won't be participating in the show.

Could I make a suggestion that we do a caravan in so people know what kind of showing ACE can make? I will go to the other side of town to caravan in if needed. Anybody else up for it?

Crap!

I can only get away from the RR for one day, so do I do this show, or go to the drags on sunday????

Decisions! Decisions! Decisions!

Guest UVETTYA
Crap!

I can only get away from the RR for one day, so do I do this show, or go to the drags on sunday????

Well, since your balls will be in your wife's purse if you go to the Drag Strip, you might as well go to the car show. That might be more your speed, old man... :eek:lol:leaving

Crap!

Well, since your balls will be in your wife's purse if you go to the Drag Strip, you might as well go to the car show. That might be more your speed, old man... :eek:lol:leaving

Ouch! That's going to leave a mark. :lol:lol:lol:lol

We'll be there. Went last year and was alot of fun.

Don,

I'm coming down there to hookup with you people again!!

There should be both of you, me, Gary-Speedratchet, Tom- YumaZ06 and Tony-Z O SICK at the Cracker Barrel again!

We will be coming in from Casa Grande!

We need a meeting place, so ACE can ARRIVE!!

Ken

I went last year. Great event...great cause.

Ditto what Ken says. :thumbs

It's little time out of our lives compared to those serving and their families. :flag

Eddie and others,

Unless someone else comes up with a better meeting place!!

I say we meet at AZP&S parking lot on 10th Pl between Priest and 52nd!

We gather folks, go west to 52nd, N to Broadway, W on Broadway to 143N, to McDowell then two right turns and we are turning left into the Armory!!

Maybe Mike and/or Chad will come by to flaunt their wares at the show!!

Ken