• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ICULUKN

• SLAMMER

• Blurr

• VenomOnWheels

VenomOnWheels

I may go on Sunday instead of Saturday. It will depend on my family's plans.

I have some work I need to do to the car in the next 30 days.. 1. Change brake fluid to some high temp Motuls. 2. Change brake pads to CarboTech X12 3. Maybe install an oil cooler 4. Pan the front of the car and seal up area around the radiator to better direct flow into the radiator and intercooler

Sent the methanol pump off to Tampa to get a rebuild... Cant wait to get it back... May do the brakes or upgrade the seats while its down for a couple of weeks...

Sent the methanol pump off to Tampa to get a rebuild...

Cant wait to get it back...

May do the brakes or upgrade the seats while its down for a couple of weeks...

Did you check the bolts for rust or corrosion? Juleo told me to see if the bolts had rust on them when I pulled the long bolts (2) out. that shows that water was in the meth and the pump was not rebuildable. I checked and sure enough there was rust and it saved me postage and time to ship it back to Florida. I Think the new pump was about $100. I got my methH20 for Speedworld. Now I get it at the track from the fuel distributor. better cleaner stuff. It does not sit in a big water truck collecting condensation.

SLAMMER :bang

I get my methanol from Torco fuels. Comes from a sealed container. I did not know about the rusty bolt issue, Julio just told me to put it in a box. He should have it by Tuesday and hopefully have it back in a box by Weds.. I have a line on a set of Baer 6S brakes. If I cant seal the deal then I am going upgrade my seats to Corbeau A4's.

YES, the guy at the track is the Torco distributor. His meth doesn't rot your teeth! :bounce015:

I have some work I need to do to the car in the next 30 days..

1. Change brake fluid to some high temp Motuls.

2. Change brake pads to CarboTech X12

3. Maybe install an oil cooler

4. Pan the front of the car and seal up area around the radiator to better direct flow into the radiator and intercooler

No reattach / replace boost hose on that list. Did you already take care of that, or was that not your issue?

4. Pan the front of the car and seal up area around the radiator to better direct flow into the radiator and intercooler

I really am happy with the Carbotec x12 in the fronts and x10 in the rear. I just put my street tires and

Carbotec bobcats street pads back on this afternoon. Had to get used to pressing a little firmer than the race pads at the track. I think you'll be happy with additional stopping power the x12 pads provide. I'm happy with the Motuls brake fluid so far. I looked as I had a tiny bit of seepage out of the bleeder valve on the outside of my drivers front caliper. I cleaned it up with some brake cleaner and tightened the bleeder valve a bit.

No reattach / replace boost hose on that list. Did you already take care of that, or was that not your issue?

Took care of that on Sat. What a pain in the a$$ that was.. it blew right off the turbo.

YES, the guy at the track is the Torco distributor. His meth doesn't rot your teeth! :bounce015:

I go down to A.J and get it right from the warehouse. It comes in 5 gallon sealed pails.

what's you setup ICULUKN? I know it involves a turbo :-) How were your temps on the east track?

347 Twin Turbo. Single front mount intercooler. 80 shot direct port nitrous (I dont use this on the track though..LOL)

Turbos are T66's

Methanol injection.

Baer slotted rotors using stock c5 calipers. I have Hawk HPS pads on there now, but plan on going with Carbotech before the next event. Motuls 660 temp fluid.

NT01 tires. 315x30x18 rear 275x35x18 fronts.

I need an oil cooler since my oil temps tend to creep into the 260's,

I have a ron davis radiator, so my coolant temps tend to stay in the 230-240's on a cool day at the track.

Will you be out on West in Feb?

what's you setup ICULUKN? I know it involves a turbo :-) How were your temps on the east track?

347 Twin Turbo. Single front mount intercooler. 80 shot direct port nitrous (I dont use this on the track though..LOL)

Turbos are T66's

Methanol injection.

Baer slotted rotors using stock c5 calipers. I have Hawk HPS pads on there now, but plan on going with Carbotech before the next event. Motuls 660 temp fluid.

NT01 tires. 315x30x18 rear 275x35x18 fronts.

I need an oil cooler since my oil temps tend to creep into the 260's,

I have a ron davis radiator, so my coolant temps tend to stay in the 230-240's on a cool day at the track.

Will you be out on West in Feb?

very cool. cars looked great when i saw it at the east track. next time i'll find you in the paddocks so i can check it out. I'm planning on being at the east track (red mini again) but most likely will do sat because I have to fly out on sunday for work.

Saturday is the 10th annual Gila Bend BBQ. You should change your flight to fly out Sunday night so you can have a real 'car guy' weekend :)

• 2 weeks later...

I too registered for Sunday at the west track. I was thinking of just running with my street pads as it is not a real big/fast track. Slammer :bang

Just ordered my Carbotech X20 front pads and X10 rear... going to be a fun weekend.

Did you order directly from Carbotec? If so, mention the corvette forum and they give you a bit of a discount. Still pretty pricy but I'm very happy with them But, I have not tried any other racing pads. So what does that say for picking a winner in a one horse race.

I did order from Carbotech. The pads were pricey. Hope they hold up. Crazy thing is that they are shipping via UPS and wont be in for 7 days. ugh... priority mail would have gotten it to me in 3 days.

Just ordered my Carbotech X20 front pads and X10 rear... going to be a fun weekend.

Are you really puttng on XP20's or 12's? One of the race vette's has XP16's he says they stop like nothing else.

VenomOnWheels

Sure, if you don't mind a snake in your pit area. I may haul the car over and claim some space Saturday night, if it's not too late when I get back in town and I'm not too tired.