What brand of synthetic do you use

Togo

BTW, where do you get your Castrol 0W30 at anyway? I was at checker for the other 2 cars last week and did not see any. I didn't see any Purolator filters either.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Togo

• 92ZR1Wannabe

• knkayotte

• r40734

Robert and Elizabeth
AUTOZONE=Castrol

PEP BOYS=Purolator

Thanks Mark. I'll be going this route on the next change.

Us too. No more Royal Purple for me!

Guest Sidewinder
AUTOZONE=Castrol

PEP BOYS=Purolator

Thanks Mark. I'll be going this route on the next change.

Us too. No more Royal Purple for me!

:clap:clap:clap

What happens if you start using a synthetic on a 90,000 mile engine?  Been using Valvoline 10-30.  (non-synthetic) Any benefits?  Any problems starting that late?  Or bettter off staying with whats worked for the engine?

chester,

If you switch to syn you run the risk of an oil leak. If you are dead set on switching go the the Valvoline Maxlife (non syn) and a good filter. Maxlife constantly produces outstanding results in lab test of higher mileage engines. Maxlife gives alot more protection that regular Valvoline.

In the C-6 I'm using the Mobile 1

In the Merc SUV I've been using reg Valvoline for 200,000 miles and it still just purrs along like it was brand new, and with 5000 mi changes, I think it wil keep purring along for another 100,000 miles.

Hawkeye

Mobile 1 was the first true synthetic oil and I won't run anything else in the vette or my fiance's car. The DD gets whatever Jiffy Lube puts in it...

chevyguy1969

Wherre do you find rotella been using castroll syn in the newer rides and castrol dino in the vette

Guest Sidewinder
Wherre do you find rotella been using castroll syn in the newer rides and castrol dino in the vette

I know Autozone has it.

Mobile 1 was the first true synthetic oil and I won't run anything else in the vette or my fiance's car. The DD gets whatever Jiffy Lube puts in it...

False.. AMSOIL was.

http://www.amsoil.com/

Yet another false claim by Mobil smashed against the rocks!! Thanks FRC