Palm Valley Church Father's Day Car Show

Guest LT4ME

Guest LT4ME

Our Church (www.palmvalley.org) is having a car show for Father's Day, with the intent being to have all sorts of cars Father's might enjoy seeing. We talked to the Senior Pastor about having our Vettes and possibly lots of others for the car show and he seemed interested, but asked that we run the idea by the Pastor who is heading up this event.

So, we don't have the go-ahead just yet, but I thought it might be nice to gauge interest with all of you to see who might want to come out for the show. It'll be Sunday, June 18th in the AM and most likely will be held at Desert Edge High School. Click here for directions

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Eddie44

• phxscooby101

• F22trainer

• Desertdawg

I get my Vette back next week so it's a definite possibility. I'll have to see what we have planned. I think I'll be between kids at that point so the day will hopefully be mine. :thumbs

Guest LT4ME

I just heard back from the Pastor in charge of the show:

Hey Mike!

Thanks for e-mailing.  We'd love to have you (and or some members of the

Corvette club) come on Sunday and bring cars.  We have about 20 units

coming so far and still have a list to collect from new dealers

including a new Vet from Gateway Chevy.  I am expecting about 30+ total.

I have included a flier that you could send to your members with

specifics. 

Give me a call to let me know how you would like to be involved.

Dave Ellis

We might cruise by on our way to arrowhead to meet the kids coming down for the day from NAU...Probably won't have much time to stop though....

I will be out of town, going back to California to my brothers graduation and visiting my daughter that is staying with my other brother.

Have fun at the event and represent us well for those that do go.

I believe the last car show we did for a church, my car scared about half of the people in attendance when I started it up. As for the other half, they were getting tempted by the Dark Side :devil

Phil... :devil

Guest LT4ME

More info:

Cars will be on display from 8 to 11am.  Feel free to go to the 9am

service and then maybe hang out by your cars between services.  The bulk

of the viewers will be between services. 10-11.  I am hoping to get most

of the classics and vendors out of the parking lot at 11am so that

people are not distracted from tear-down.  =]  We really need the bodies

in the gym and not out looking at cars after the second service.  Please

do not feel obligated to have your cars open unless you want to while

you are there with them.  Coffee, donuts and ice water will be available

for owners and vendors during the whole event.

Mine peed transmission fluid in the driveway this morning, heading to the mechanic tomorrow. Will see if it is something simple. If so, will work on seeing if I can make it there.

50-50 chance...supposed to get mine back tomorrow.

Michael

Guess what...

She's back...

and looking better than ever...I'll spend some time under the hood Saturday to get her polished up nice. See you there. :thumbs

Guest LT4ME
Guess what...

She's back...

and looking better than ever...I'll spend some time under the hood Saturday to get her polished up nice. See you there. :thumbs

Excellent, Michael! :D

Okay, here's the list of attendees so far:

1) LT4ME

2) INTMD8R

3) F22trainer

4) phxscooby101

5) Desertdawg (Possible Drive-By)

6) Eddie44 (Definite Maybe)

7) 71airstrike (30% Chance)

8) BlakMajik (if tranny bladder problem is fixed)

Anyone else?

They asked that we be there by 8am and suggested we bring chairs and umbrellas to sit in & beat the heat. and "Coffee, donuts and ice water will be available for owners and vendors during the whole event."

We can go hit TGIFridays/Macayos/Streets of New York or something else for lunch afterwards if anyone's interested.

:D

Guest intmd8r
Guess what...

She's back...

Congrats! Can't wait to see her! :D

Talked to the wife tonight and I'm a 90% definite!

Michael, let me know if you want to cruise down together. I figure from up here we'd better leave about 7am. Anyone else from NE area going?

Talked to the wife tonight and I'm a 90% definite! 

Michael, let me know if you want to cruise down together.  I figure from up here we'd better leave about 7am.  Anyone else from NE area going?

Sounds good Eddie!

I was hoping you might be in for this one. I'll plan on being at your place at 7 AM sharp, unless I hear from you otherwise. 480-703-7364. I'll be around the house all day tomorrow combining some domestic chores with some sorely missed 'vette pampering.

Michael :thumbs

Does everyone want to meet somewhere, then caravan in together or just meet at the school?

Michael and I will be coming w/b on I10. You know the area better than us, so you name it.

Guest LT4ME

I think what will be easiest for all is to meet up at the Safeway parking lot on Estrella Parkway, say at 7:45am. Once you get off on Estrella Parkway heading south, the Safeway is about 1/2 mile down on the right. We can meet in the parking lot out near the road. It's like 2 minutes from the parking lot the show will be held in. :)

Guest intmd8r
I think what will be easiest for all is to meet up at the Safeway parking lot on Estrella Parkway, say at 7:45am. Once you get off on Estrella Parkway heading south, the Safeway is about 1/2 mile down on the right. We can meet in the parking lot out near the road. It's like 2 minutes from the parking lot the show will be held in. :)

AND they have a Starbucks in the Safeway. coffee.gif:P

AND they have a Starbucks in the Safeway. coffee.gif:P

Oh thank heaven...my I-V will be in need a new bag about then. :smilelol

Guest XLR8TNC5
We can go hit TGIFridays/Macayos/Streets of New York or something else for lunch afterwards if anyone's interested.

Hey, what time do you all think you would be up for this? If you plan to do it after the car show. I can't make the car show, but I know lunch sounds like a great idea.

Have fun and be safe everyone.