NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

What did Victor break?

Drewstein

Your killing me Victor!! On the bright side, the towing distance from Speed world was shorter than if it happened at Inde. You will be sorely missed...... :facepalm:

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• FNBADAZ06

• Ted Y

• Two Fangs

• Buccaneer

Your killing me Victor!! On the bright side, the towing distance from Speed world was shorter than if it happened at Inde. You will be sorely missed...... :facepalm:

Sorry bud...

I did the brake/rotor installtion's, and perfomed the bedding process on Saturday, so I was ready to go :facepalm:

Speedworld's track prep sucked that night, so me and Josh (LM C6 Z06 owner) left and went to the Lakeside Bar and Grill at 99th/Happy Valley Rd. for some grub and drink....about 5-10 miles from my casa. I broke the rear coming out of the parking lot on my way home :banghead Still cost $100 to get towed home, but the driver was able to unload the car directly into my garage.

That's no sh!t about it happening close to home instead of at Inde...or on the way down there. My insurance covers the towing but would have been a out-of-pocket with the insurer reimbursing me.

Aw man, that's a bummer! Why'd you have to do that. I'm tired of hearing about toys being broken. :willy So get it fixed and let's get back to playing. :yesnod You might call Mike G. about a replacement. I think he has a spare low mileage Z06 differential. Considering it's already broke-in and the swap is only a couple of hours, you could still make it for the Inde event. I'd guess Slammer would even help with the swap. :lol

Oh man, that sucks! You’ll have it fixed in no time. Look at the bright side, it should be covered under your warranty and there is nothing like a new rear to make you feel rejuvenated.

Aw man, that's a bummer! Why'd you have to do that. I'm tired of hearing about toys being broken. :willy So get it fixed and let's get back to playing. :yesnod

You might call Mike G. about a replacement. I think he has a spare low mileage Z06 differential.

Considering it's already broke-in and the swap is only a couple of hours, you could still make it for the Inde event.

I'd guess Slammer would even help with the swap. :lol

Yep, Mike G already gave me a call...so I have a backup contingency plan in place.

I'll have to see what GMPP says.

Did Andy get a hold of you ?

Yep, Mike G already gave me a call...so I have a backup contingency plan in place.

Bummer to hear about the car man, but it's not going to last forever. Let me know if I can help with anything Vic.

Andy's car has been delivered as of last night. Operation motor swap is in effect.

Aw man, that's a bummer! Why'd you have to do that. I'm tired of hearing about toys being broken. :willy So get it fixed and let's get back to playing. :yesnod

You might call Mike G. about a replacement. I think he has a spare low mileage Z06 differential.

Considering it's already broke-in and the swap is only a couple of hours, you could still make it for the Inde event.

Good deal. You can be back running soon.

Drew trailered Andy's car here at 6PM last night and we'll probably have the motor pulled by tonight. Drop by this evening if you get a chance. Extra hands to pass tools or just BS is welcome.

Good deal. You can be back running soon.

Drew trailered Andy's car here at 6PM last night and we'll probably have the motor pulled by tonight. Drop by this evening if you get a chance. Extra hands to pass tools or just BS is welcome.

I just might do that....let me see what I need to schedule for getting my car into service.

Sweet that Drew trailered Andy's ride over :thumbs

Bummer to hear about the car man, but it's not going to last forever. Let me know if I can help with anything Vic.

Andy's car has been delivered as of last night. Operation motor swap is in effect.

Awesome !!!! 44K + miles and this is the first significant issue I've ever had.

Look at the bright side, at least you didn't oil down the track...:lol Sorry to hear it broke, but damn it held together through a lot :thumbs

Look at the bright side, at least you didn't oil down the track...:lol

Sorry to hear it broke, but damn it held together through a lot :thumbs

Yep, that would have been bad karma after talking smack about all the beater and ricers that oil down the track at Firebird every time I go out there. :facepalm:

I'm thinking it might have popped because I was still in the turn slightly when I jumped the throttle.....pre-loaded one side but not the other, bound it up some, then "poof".

I'll take some pic's tonight before it gets loaded on the flatbed for it's trip tomorrow to LPM.

JNMMotorsports

Sorry to hear about the breakage. I'm sure she will be up and running in no time. Let me know if I can help in anyway.

Things happen for a reason brother, and I am glad you are ok. The car can always be fixed. Now Wiper your rearend down it looks gross!

Things happen for a reason brother, and I am glad you are ok. The car can always be fixed. Now Wiper your rearend down it looks gross!

word.

Did you pickup your car yesterday ?

Maybe a driveshaft and not the diff?

:agree Looks like the inner CV. Looks like one of the cooler pipes got hammered, also.

Maybe a driveshaft and not the diff?

:agree Looks like the inner CV. Looks like one of the cooler pipes got hammered, also.

:agree Correct...which is where the tranny fluid was coming from when the engine was running....the tranny cooling pump was discharging out the broken line.

With any luck, I'm looking at a driver side axle and replacement tranny coolant line(s).

Is it just the one side? Did you find any cracks on the differential case?

Yes, just the driver's side which is the weaker of the two axles.

I just dropped it off at LPM so they can get a closer look at the diff to see if there is any further damage.

The tranny fluid was coming from the busted tranny cooler line that is right next to the inner CV joint of the left axle.

At least it wasn't the infamous Z06 C-Clip failure.

Hopefully we are looking at a new left axle, tranny collant lines, and rear diff heat exchanger (which is were the busted tranny coolant line was connected....from the pic's it looks like the attachement point (bung) to the exchanger was sheared when the inner cv joint grenaded.