• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Eddie44

• Phoenix FRC

• Quiktrip

• anmracing

I've got to do a brake job on my wife's Ford Escape in the AM and then I'll be over. Should be timed about right. If you want a ride Melissa I can take you but don't know how long I'll be able to stay. What time does Andrew get off on Sat?

thanks Eddie-yes I could still use a carpool over (not a RIDE...so to speak). Andrew doesn't leave work Sats until at least 1, but he'll come get me-we've made plans for Chinese food out in Mesa so he has to come for me. Give me a holler when you're done with the brake job (break job-sorry Dwayne-I can't resist! :lol ) and ready to roll. 480-628-5214

Scratch-you asked what else was going. Anyone is welcome to join us for dinner in Mesa. It's an informal restaurant so no rezzies required.

Looking forward to meeting some of the newer members! :thumbs

M~

Phoenix FRC
I'll come out, at least to meet everyone and get some advice/suggestions...Let me know the address.

That's in the first post. 11:30 - ish to 5:00.

My kids will come home after 5:00 so I'm not sure but I believe family quality time will be on the top of the list.

Darn, an East-side event and I will be out of town. I will have to try for the next one. Have fun and don't break anything...

I'll come out, at least to meet everyone and get some advice/suggestions...Let me know the address.

That's in the first post. 11:30 - ish to 5:00.

My kids will come home after 5:00 so I'm not sure but I believe family quality time will be on the top of the list.

You mean dinner isn't included in this deal?? :lol:lol

Guest XLR8TNC5

Im doing a puppy shower today, otherwise I would have loved tocome out. But we will catch ya all soon!

HOOTERS next SATURDAY sounds good! lol.

Tanya

Im doing a puppy shower today, otherwise I would have loved tocome out. But we will catch ya all soon!

Tanya

I thought that they liked baths better. :smilelol Have fun. Who got the puppy and what kind?Seeya, Robert :burnout

Guest XLR8TNC5

Tanya

I thought that they liked baths better. :smilelol Have fun. Who got the puppy and what kind?Seeya, Robert :burnout

LMAO!!! *Mini hijack for a moment here, please standby*

My friend Heidi just got a male Yorkshire Terrier (sp?) named Baxter. He just lef this mommy a week ago so he is REALLY little and really new. So, since neither of us has kids, we need some reason to have people come over and bring gifts, so she is doing a PUPPY SHOWER and we are having a party today at 200pm. How cool is that? lol. We have been anticipating Baxter's arrival for about a month now and the time has come. Ill get pics!

*We now return to our regular programming*

Tanya

It was great meeting a couple new faces. Sorry I could stick around longer Thomas. Hope you got the vararam done at least.

Melissa, I did get the pucks. Sorry about that, I meant to leave them. Hope everything went well!

Let's see the pics Andrew. That is your job at these events isn't it? :lol

Phoenix FRC

Thanks for coming by Eddie, it was good to meet you and of course it ws good to meet everyone that came by.

I went into the house and scrounged up an old puck so getting the car off the jackstands was no problem at all.

The Vararam went very well, steady as she goes anyway because it seemed to take quite a while.

Hey Robert... Thanks, you really hung in there and helped out with the intake system and I really appreciate it.

Coultry, brought some really pretty rotors that posed challanges during the install but he drove away with them installed so the end result was man over machine.. Of course..!!!! :thumbs

After everyone left I pulled the negitive battery cable on the Vette and let the PCM drain out all it's history while I replaced the bike tire on my wife's bike then changed the oil in her Pontiac Van. They took the Van to the gas station and believe it or not.. I pumped $73.90 into the tank. :cuss :mad

Anyway.....

It was fun, the meet & greet was very good.

Thanks Melisa, Andrew, Coultry, Eddie & Robert it was a pleasure. :thumbs

Next time someone has a Corvette Saturday I still have my Corsa X pipe unless I get it in during the week.

I would be more then happy to host again too, next time we can break out the BBQ etc.

Later,

Thomas

Glad to hear it went well. I did not make it back into town until 7:30 PM. I wanted to stop by but I figured you guys were all done by that time.

Unitl Next Time... :burnout

Phil... :devil

We didn't make it either, picked up our grass, and we were back home by 9:30 to start putting it down... Hope everyone had fun!

How does the Vette feel with the Vararam installed? I know the Blackwing made a noticeable difference in mine. I don't think it added a ton of HP but throttle response was amazing.

Phoenix FRC
How does the Vette feel with the Vararam installed?  I know the Blackwing made a noticeable difference in mine.  I don't think it added a ton of HP but throttle response was amazing.

:thumbs Every time I step into the gas.... :D I'm feeling the love. :D

It sounds a little different too. I think I need to get that X pipe in there even more now because it really pops when the motor decellerates down.

All said & done I'm deffinately glad that I made the choice to go with the Vararam.

Does any of the ACE members have a lift? or access to a lift?

I know a guy in Junction City which is quite the drive but hey, it sure makes exhaust mods go that much better.

I want to get some headers installed and get the Vette tuned before the summer sets in.

Looking forward to the next Corvette Saturday. ;)

Thanks for coming by Eddie, it was good to meet you and of course it ws good to meet everyone that came by.

I went into the house and scrounged up an old puck so getting the car off the jackstands was no problem at all.

The Vararam went very well, steady as she goes anyway because it seemed to take quite a while.

Hey Robert... Thanks, you really hung in there and helped out with the intake system and I really appreciate it.

Coultry, brought some really pretty rotors that posed challanges during the install but he drove away with them installed so the end result was man over machine.. Of course..!!!! :thumbs

After everyone left I pulled the negitive battery cable on the Vette and let the PCM drain out all it's history while I replaced the bike tire on my wife's bike then changed the oil in her Pontiac Van. They took the Van to the gas station and believe it or not.. I pumped $73.90 into the tank. :cuss :mad

Anyway.....

It was fun, the meet & greet was very good.

Thanks Melisa, Andrew, Coultry, Eddie & Robert it was a pleasure. :thumbs

Next time someone has a Corvette Saturday I still have my Corsa X pipe unless I get it in during the week.

I would be more then happy to host again too, next time we can break out the BBQ etc.

Later,

Thomas

sweet, sounds like a good time was had

i didn't expect coltery would get the brakes done this soon - although she needed them - i figured he'd wait until i got him the duplicolor red paint to match the rears!

oh well, i guess that's a project for your next hosted corvette 'day!

caliper paint and brake cleaner.......comin' up! :drinkers

Sinistrad
sweet, sounds like a good time was had

i didn't expect coltery would get the brakes done this soon - although she needed them - i figured he'd wait until i got him the duplicolor red paint to match the rears!

oh well, i guess that's a project for your next hosted corvette 'day!

caliper paint and brake cleaner.......comin' up! :drinkers

There's plenty of time to paint the calipers...I still need to put the pads on (find me monday -- we'll talk about that).

Plus, we broke another stud on the wheels -- so that's 3 broken, 17 rusted...I've ordered a set at checker, figure I'll just replace 'em all when I redo the pads (or the wheels -- Send me that link again, Chris, if you have it still -- I deleted the message for some reason)

anmracing

Hey guys, we had a great time Saturday also. It is always good to see/meet new people and see their cars. :thumbs

Sorry we couldn't get the whole thing done on Coltrey's car, but at least you didn't have to overnight at Tom's house! Tom's car looks great and I'm glad the vararam is working well. Coltrey needs to make his mark on Chris's old car and make it his own. Those wheels you were thinking about will be a good start! :D

As for the things we didn't get to, we'll have to make another date for all that. Seems to me that Chris was supposed to be kissing up for a date with Bryan's ramps .... that would be a good date to wrap some things up, like the X pipe and those pesky calipers and brake pads.

Eddie-thanks for letting me know about the pucks. I really thought I was losing my marble.

Andrew is working on uploading pics from his phone as he forgot the 'real' camera. There aren't many as we didn't think they would turn out well.

See you all at the next go-round!

M~

Andrew is working on uploading pics from his phone as he forgot the 'real' camera. There aren't many as we didn't think they would turn out well.

See you all at the next go-round!

M~

You gave him too many things (2) to remember jack stands and camera. What did you expect? :lol

anmracing2

I forgot the camera.... :banghead:banghead I don't know how people got along in the old days with out Cel phones..... :P

042906vettesat8ja.th.jpg042906vettesat14xs.th.jpg042906vettesat22dg.th.jpg042906vettesat30bn.th.jpg

That's all I took because I was too busy looking for the puck to put on the jacks.... :toetap I was telling Melissa that Eddie is gonna send his under cover friends after her to find those pucks...... :P Melissa and I had a great time, can't wait to do it again..... I'll put the pix in the Phanfare album if anyone wants to make copies.

It was good to meet Coltrey and Thomas and his wife. Thanks Eddie for hangin' around to make sure Melissa had a ride home..... :P I hope Robert had a good time at dinner. Sorry if we got a little noisy, Melissa's friends tend to get that way sometimes.

Andrew

It was fun reading the Vararam instructions while Tom did the work LOL.What made it fun was I kept skipping parts of the instructions. It turned out ok in spite of all that. Looks good. Now if only Coltreys brakes were that easy...another story for another day. Glad to see the oldies and meet the newbies. And yes it was loud at dinner but I enjoyed it totally. In fact I might have added to the loud myself!! And what can we say about Melissa's friends, they're Melissa's friends!!! :rolf Seeya next Sat. Robert :burnout

Andrew, wheres the shot of you pointing? We always get one of those. :lol

anmracing2

The one time I actually do some work and no camera for miles....... :P

Looks like Robert was doing a ballet in that last photo...

Andrew