EOTech 511.A65

Big Poppa

fourseventeen

For the record... No worries on the hijack. We don't have to keep this on topic.

Sean... Do you just buy target rounds at Wally World, or are you getting your people rounds there? What do you carry for people rounds?

:hijack: sorry bout that Chris. I use to buy .45 rounds at wally world...winchester white box but I havent seen those at wal-mart by me in a long long time. As far as defense ammo or as you call them "people ammo" I use to carry Speer Gold Dot or Federal Premium LE until I got my hands on some Black Talons.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• fourseventeen

• Big Poppa

• Bigfoot

• P51tj

Guest gtmotor

I use the Speer Gold Dot in my daily carry as well. In the winter I usually swap them out for Federal Hydrashok. 417: The Walmart by me always has .45ACP in the WWB. If you're down in northwest Tucson you should pick up a few boxes.

No one said I don't carry. My point is I don't collect guns or shoot as a hobby. I shoot at our company range with free bullets with a free gun at free targets in a controlled environment.I never saw a need to buy an AR15 or sights so I didn't know what it is. Anyway, congrats to BP on the sale.

Makes sense :thumbs I miss the good ol days of free rounds..we got cut off when everyone started complaining about the county being broke. And it was Eddie that said he doesnt carry...sorry for the confusion Ted :thumbs even if you dont carry an AR15 your still my buddy :yesnod

I did the same thing when I was in LE but in 15+ years of retirement I've never found the need to carry. I've never been in fear of my life and that's the only time I'd need to carry.

I contend that 75-80% of victms make themselves victims by being in the wrong place at the wrong time or not being aware of their surroundings. I don't put anyone down that does carry but I just don't see the need. Maybe someday I will.

The interesting question would be of all the folks that do carry how many have actually needed to use it when they absolutely couldn't have avoided the situation? I stress couldn't have avoided the situation. Carrying makes tough guys out of a lot of folks and they get into situations because they know they have a gun to protect themselves when they could just as easily walk or drive away.

fourseventeen

Carrying makes tough guys out of a lot of folks and they get into situations because they know they have a gun to protect themselves when they could just as easily walk or drive away I couldnt agree with you more Eddie. For me as far as every day...I have never needed to pull my firearm on anyone. Only confrontation I had was a road rager who got pissed off at me and literally blocked me up along a curb and jumped out with a HUGE pipe wrench...I had both my firearm on my hip as well as my X26LE in my door panel. I pulled out my X26 and took aim at him...as soon as he seen that he retreated back to his car and took off. That is the only civilian situation I have ever been in since leaving in AZ.

I've only felt the need to draw my weapon once, and it was as I was retreating, and I didn't point it at anyone... I have never used my renters insurance, but I still have that. To me it's just extra insurance that I get to go home every day. I assume that I will carry my whole life and it will have just been a waste. As to bullets... I carry either Winchester rangers, or Federal HST. I prefer the HST, but if I can't find it the Rangers do just fine. And we don't need to close the thread as it's got it's own thing goin, but... The EOTech is officially sold. Greg just came and picked it up.

Jay, the I got a box of 100 winchester (white box) at the Wally world near you for about $32. 2 to 3 weeks ago. My "people ammo" as Poppa puts it I got at Cabela's. Hornaday .45 Auto +P, TAP FPD, 230 grain hollow points. Box of 20 cost about $35. Not sure what the +P, TAP or FPD means though. :lol

The +p means it has more gun powder, and shoots harder and faster. This could start it's own discussion to whether or not +p is a good thing... Personally, for shooting humans, I don't like it. I don't think you need the extra power for humans, and the extra recoil means it takes longer to re-acquire your target. But, it's a personal thing. Some like it, some don't. Now... If you need to defend yourself against a mountain lion or a bear and you don't have a rifle... +p is a good thing. Just make sure your pistol is rated for it. Most are, but some aren't and you can break the slide or frame.

fourseventeen

I dont care for the +p personally. And wally world has WWB 100 pack for 32 bucks. I better go get some!!! Now if only Dysart was open so I could get over there!

Guest gtmotor

Thanks Chris, it's already mounted on my rifle :) I've never had to draw my weapon and I never intend to. It is only there as an absolute last resort. I started carrying after an incident when working on my car at my buddies shop. A guy was "disgruntled" at the neighbors next door after a fight broke out. He returned with a firearm, rammed their shop with his truck, and then proceeded to floor it into my friend's shop knocking out 2 columns. As the roof was falling in, he got out and pointed his weapon at us. He said: "You f**** didn't see nothin!!" before peeling out and hitting the wall in the alley behind the shop. That being said, I still wouldn't have drawn my weapon in that situation. I would have done the same thing I did before and just duck for cover. Drawing in that situation likely would gotten me and maybe my friends shot. To make a long story short... people do some jacked up sh*t and I'd rather have it and not need it versus the other way around. As for owning and modding an assault rifle: No one NEEDS an assault rifle. It's just another hobby just like no one needs a 400-500 horsepower two seater sports car :)

Thanks Chris, it's already mounted on my rifle :)

I've never had to draw my weapon and I never intend to. It is only there as an absolute last resort.

I started carrying after an incident when working on my car at my buddies shop. A guy was "disgruntled" at the neighbors next door after a fight broke out. He returned with a firearm, rammed their shop with his truck, and then proceeded to floor it into my friend's shop knocking out 2 columns. As the roof was falling in, he got out and pointed his weapon at us. He said: "You f**** didn't see nothin!!" before peeling out and hitting the wall in the alley behind the shop.

That being said, I still wouldn't have drawn my weapon in that situation. I would have done the same thing I did before and just duck for cover. Drawing in that situation likely would gotten me and maybe my friends shot. To make a long story short... people do some jacked up sh*t and I'd rather have it and not need it versus the other way around.

As for owning and modding an assault rifle: No one NEEDS an assault rifle. It's just another hobby just like no one needs a 400-500 horsepower two seater sports car :)

Very well put

fourseventeen

Thanks Chris, it's already mounted on my rifle :)

I've never had to draw my weapon and I never intend to. It is only there as an absolute last resort.

I started carrying after an incident when working on my car at my buddies shop. A guy was "disgruntled" at the neighbors next door after a fight broke out. He returned with a firearm, rammed their shop with his truck, and then proceeded to floor it into my friend's shop knocking out 2 columns. As the roof was falling in, he got out and pointed his weapon at us. He said: "You f**** didn't see nothin!!" before peeling out and hitting the wall in the alley behind the shop.

That being said, I still wouldn't have drawn my weapon in that situation. I would have done the same thing I did before and just duck for cover. Drawing in that situation likely would gotten me and maybe my friends shot. To make a long story short... people do some jacked up sh*t and I'd rather have it and not need it versus the other way around.

As for owning and modding an assault rifle: No one NEEDS an assault rifle. It's just another hobby just like no one needs a 400-500 horsepower two seater sports car :)

WOW...you have some willpower. I would have fired on the guy if he pulled a gun on me in rage like that!

...I had both my firearm on my hip as well as my X26LE in my door panel. I pulled out my X26 and took aim at him...as soon as he seen that he retreated back to his car and took off. That is the only civilian situation I have ever been in since leaving in AZ.

for the readers that dont know what a X26LE is.

Posted Image

LEO grade taser.

fourseventeen

LOL thanks for clearing that up Chad...didnt even think about some people may not have any clue what that is lol.

While the RR forbids weapons, I will publicly admit that I have had to pull several times, and actually aim once for defense while on the job. Now everyone forget that I posted this....

fourseventeen

Gila Bend...I dont doubt it. So lets hear a story Dawg. Why would anyone bother you while "working on the railroad all the live-long day"

I'll just say that some don't survive in the summer sun with all of there marbles...

If I lived in GB and spent most of my time out in the places you do by myself I would no doubt carry too.

Some of our southern neighbors tend to make life interesting out here sometimes... And no I don't mean Jack in Ajo :lol

So, the replacement for the EOTech is now here. Now I wanna go shoot!!!

I got some Hogue's for it last night, but they were missing a screw, so now I gotta go exchange 'em. then to Wally World for some WWB action.

Posted Image

fourseventeen

I use to have me one of them S&W back in the day ;) Pick up an extra WWB .45 :thumbs

I've wanted one for a long time. It's the Vic Mackey gun.... If anyone is interested... There is a 4563 on Backpage at the moment, which is basically this same gun with a 4.25" barrel instead of the 5", and an aluminum frame. I met with the guy last night, and it might as well be new. He's a detective with the MCSO, so you can trust it. It was awesome at a really good price ($550), I've just wanted the 4506 for so long that I passed on the 4563. i really wish I had the cash for both as that 4563 would be an awesome carry piece.

fourseventeen

I've wanted one for a long time. It's the Vic Mackey gun....

He's a detective with the MCSO, so you can trust it.

Who??

I got some Hogue's for it last night, but they were missing a screw, so now I gotta go exchange 'em

Huh??? :confused

What caliber is that? Yeah, I'm a noob. :lol