• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• fourseventeen

• Big Poppa

• Bigfoot

• Marco

fourseventeen

well I put the car up on jacks and cleaned up under it as much as I could without a life. Boy was there a lot of oil. I also stopped over at my neighbors house (John Sheldon @ Gateway Chevy) and spoke with him about the 2 issues. He says without a doubt the brake issue is because of the oil issue. He says oil will swell up the brake in that rear wheel causing it to do exactly what it was doing. I took the car for a small spin after washing it and the brake seems fine at the moment. I asked John about the oil cooler line coming off...he says that when we put the oil cooler back in months ago the line was pushed in but it must not have seated properly into the clip. He says there is absolutely no way the line could come undone once its seated unless the clip is removed. So I think everything is solved. Wheel bolts tight, brakes work, oil if flowing...we should be good. :werd:

fourseventeen

Had nothing to do with the oil catch can install??? :unsure

Nope the oil catch can is attached to the intake via a small rubber hose with barbed fittings, oil doesnt flow through it...its like a catch for blow by oil. Oil cooler lines run up in front of the radiator and into the side of the oil cooler and are fitting in using snap clips.

We had 3 people check those connections...you being one of them. I distinctly remember when they went in I heard the snap and then we checked to make sure after that. I don't see how it could happen just now...hell, you just ran to Laughlin and back. :confused

fourseventeen

We had 3 people check those connections...you being one of them. I distinctly remember when they went in I heard the snap and then we checked to make sure after that.

I don't see how it could happen just now...hell, you just ran to Laughlin and back. :confused

I dont personally recall pulling on the oil lines...I may have but dont recall. BUT I am clueless myself. When I snapped it in on the side of the road I heard it click and felt a very positive snap. I pulled on the line again and it wasnt moving. No clue how it came out BUT John said that if it got pressed it but not snapped in then it could take time to wiggle out of the seat because there is an O-ring in there. Hell I dont know, im baffled. I figured the same thing...its been what 2 months since we did messed with the oil cooler...so why is the line just now coming off...after 1000 miles. John says there is absolutely no way possible for the line to come out if it was engaged properly. again im baffled lol. $100.00 out of pocket and 2 hours of dealing with BS...it appears to be fixed lol. Remind me if I ever buy vette #2...leave it alone! lol.

fourseventeen

yup id say so Dawg. Sean...just figured out the issue. The C clip that holds the line on...its stretched out. I jiggled the line around and sure enough the clip pops up just far enough to let the line come right out. I pulled the C clip off and squeezed it tighter and put it back on...i think its much better now. I think to be safe I will order 2 new C clips from the dealer on the 15th after I am back

fourseventeen

I did it. Sorry.

You did? well can you pick me up 2 new C clips then please. Im sure you have the 2 bucks and the time to spare to go to the dealer =D lol

fourseventeen

Jay is like me. He doesn't like 'em old. Only the young ones.

no doubt. I like my C clips nice and tight like my youngins lol

Guest badbobs95

Sounds like you have everything under control. Remember, SHIT happens when you least expect it. Have a great vacation. Later :howdy dude.

I did it. Sorry.

You did? well can you pick me up 2 new C clips then please. Im sure you have the 2 bucks and the time to spare to go to the dealer =D lol

If those "C clips" are the same spring wire retainers that are used on the A6 transmission coolant lines, then 2 bucks is about right for the tax. The clips are $8+ each. :ack:

Back on topic now, here's some pics.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Same pic with peace sign.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Thanks for setting this up Jay, nice to meet some new folks. :thumbs