WISHBONE against TIME WARP .....

Wishbone

Instead of making this topic a before and after session, I am going to use Dave’s most awesome creations as a learning tool for everybody to use as a reference.

Ok so long story short, I have been asking Dave for I think a Year now that I should take care of his cars and detail them so they look to match the Loud Pedal attention to detail and sound mechanical customer service that his company provides!

Moving on to the projects, I have a HUGE TASK of Completely Resurrecting Dave’s ZO6 from Lost in the dark clouds to his cars new name of Time Warp! Why might you ask did I choose that name? Because a Black car should look so dark and Black that it should send you back in time like staring into a Worm Hole in outer space! I have to completely detail this car from top to bottom and it needs to look real good for next weekend’s car show. I am also completely detailing his new and yet Fearless Creation of his Brand new SS Camaro. But for now I started on the ZO6 so strap in your leather chair and drink some coffee because there is much to talk about and lots of pictures…..

So let’s get started…..

I am using a 4 stage system on Dave’s rides

Heavy compound, Light compound (Glaze), Fuzion 100% Carnauba Wax, and a sealer to lock in all that vibrance which will be done last.

To start off with I washed the car using the two bucket method without using the Foam Cannon for two reasons.1. Wasting product is a no no and 2. I was not worried about scratching his car you know what I’m sayin!!!

After the complete wash and drying was completely I assessed the situation and scratched my head wondering who in GODS name was using 1000 grit sandpaper on Dave’s ride? Ok, seriously, I was feeling the paint from top to bottom assessing the condition of every panel and what all was going to need to be done to correct the problems! So, first lesson, don’t fix what aint broken or damaged! This is true in everything and especially true in detailing. Why, because when you use heavy compounds on a vehicles paint surface you are scratching it witch is shaving off Clear Coat. We want to keep on as much clear on the car as possible. Ok moving forward, I noticed panels that needed to be clay bard which was odd but needed to be done.

After that was completed the entire car gets a wipe down with Denatured alcohol and Distilled water mix at a ratio of 50/50. This will take off any crap that was left on the car including any waxes or fillers as I like to call them trying to fill in the heavy scratches…

Lesson number 2, just because you cant see it in one type of light does not mean there is not damage in the paint. Case in point, I want you to look at these pictures. They look pretty good HUH. This is what I like to call the 10 foot stare OOOOOOH AAAAAAH car looks pretty num num.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Ok, so Dave does a descent job at taking care of his car ABSOLUTELY. I would say that Dave takes GREAT care of his car. The biggest problem that Dave is going to have is with the color. Having the best looking color calls for some needed attention much like pretty women need maintenance.

Lesson number 3, Why does black show everything? Well to answer that question one must first understand how we can see colors to begin with. However that would be entirely way to long and for some pretty boring. So the bottom line the darker the color, the more abstract any element against it will show.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Wishbone

• Loud Pedal

• Buccaneer

• fourseventeen

Now looking at Daves car in the previous pictures I am willing to bet that nobody made the comment, Hmmm I think the black is a little cloudy or dull looking? But Daves car is a Dark cloud raining acid rain down on anybody willing to look.

What causes a cloudy paint look, in simple terms SCRATCHES and lots of them.

Think of it this way, you take some black paint and paint a surface just solid black. You let it completely dry and after youre done you take 1500 grit sand paper and sand the black you just painted. What do you see? Thats right Einstein a dull color YEAH we did it. Now there are other reasons that a cars paint can be cloudy so dont just go buffing your car out with heavy compound to get it out slow down Tiger. But on a serious note this is what Daves problem was as you will see in these next set of pictures.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

OUCH Thats got to hurt!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Ok Dave Seriously Who drove the car DRUNK OOPS. Dont worry the WISHBONE WILL TAKE CARE OF THAT and Poof it will disappear.…

Posted Image

Yes, I know what youre thinking, now where in the hell did all those scratches come from when his car looked so good? This is where I say it was all in the WASHING METHODS. Most all of these scratches were introduced from really poor washing methods. But to make Dave feel better, this is still better than 90% of the cars out there guaranteed.. So without explaining in detail about washing methods I urge and could not stress enough how important it is to learn how to properly wash your car and PREVENTION is the key to a great looking car.

So after a real long day of sanding oops I mean Buffing Daves car I had to quit because I ran out of my special compound that I use to get out the deep scratches. But I managed to get almost the entire car completely scratch free…. I have the two bumpers and side mirrors to do and on to the Glaze. I will discuss further about this method after I get past that part so stay tuned till Monday!!!!!!

Here is a Picture of half the hood buffed. You should see a HUGE difference in color and reflection from the paint right off the bat. I always do this for the customer so they see what I am doing and just how much of a difference we are making in the appearance of the vehicle.

Posted Image

Posted Image

So here are the pics of Daves car at the end of DAY 1 Mommy please make the sanding stop?

Look Mommy no scratches anymore whooo!!

Posted Image

The lights are bright dam it where are my Shades Man!?

Posted Image

And the car sitting outside as we clean up are mess!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

OOOOOOH YEAH this last picture is my favorite! Why? Because this is the back tail lid which was heavily sanded and scratched but look at it now? A thing of nothing less than PERFECTION and oh yeah Dave’s logo on his building.

Posted Image

fourseventeen

Lookin good Robbie...mines not black but it sure could use a little attention as well hint hint lol :thumbs

Robert, that is awesome, but you already knoew that huh. :P Looking good Bro! :partydance: Now teach Dave how to wwash his car...Pay attention Dave, there's gonna be a quiz later. :smilelol

Damn Robert that is looking amazing and I wish I could have been there to learn. You clearly have some made skills with paint. I can't wait to get back today and check it out in person. I will definately stick around for the Camaro. Oh, that big scuff on the nose is from a pylon that leaped out in front of me at the last autocross event. :lol

Looks great brother!

I like the last picture my self. Cool with teh logo reflection.

Oh, that big scuff on the nose is from a pylon that leaped out in front of me at the last autocross event. :lol

..same thing happened to me :leaving

Oh Just wait everybody you have seen nothing yet. Dave you are in good hands my friend! :thumbs This car is going to look sooooo sweeeeet you will think it has a water spout coming from the roof pooring over his paint it will look so wet. :edward: We still have three staes to go not to mention the two bumpers that still need major paint correction. :toetap Now if I can just keep Dave away from touching his own cars with a wet anything we will be ok. :hunter But his cars are going to look sooo awesome in this next weekends event. Yeah Baby. We still have to detail all of the plastic, head and fog lights, glass, rims and tires, and oh yeah baby can we say give me some bling bling from those big ARS Exhaust tips of his after I get through with them you can pick your nose and eat off them at the same time. So stay tuned my friends because these cars are being transormed into works of art! "LOUD PEDAL MACHINES TRANSFORM"..... :photo:

Now Dave just needs to take some bad ass new pix of the car :thumbs

If only I knew somebody who could teach me how to really use my DSLR ;) ;)

fourseventeen

Im sure we could work that out for ya Dave :thumbs

Um, Dave did you go see the Car or were you and the misses too tired from the trip back home? I for sure thought you would of posted something or feedback if you saw your car by now. I know you will see it first thing in the morning so no biggie, oh and dont touch the paint with your fingers please. The car is stripped of any waxes and the oils from your hands will transfer to the paint. One more thing, you inner right tail light is missing the screw to hold it in. Could you have somebody with fresh gloves on to install a new screw and take off the lisense plate for me so when I get there I will be able to get started right away on your rearend? Thanks Boss see you tomorrow! :partydance:

Im sure we could work that out for ya Dave :thumbs

Well how about coming down to the car show and make some magic happen with those mad skillz of yours on the cars Friday? I know they are not hot Women but you would be doing me solid and I am sure Dave and LPM would like that. Of course your services would be simply put as Voluntary. We may get a hotdog for all our hard work though num num!

Updated tagline request...

so when I get there I will be able to get started right away on your rearend

x2! :funnypost::smilelol

Updated tagline request...

so when I get there I will be able to get started right away on your rearend

Had to shorten it to fit :thumbs

fourseventeen

Had no clue Robert was into dudes rearends...makes me a little nervous now. And whatcha mean Friday? whats going on Friday besides me getting ready to head out to Laughlin?

Friday is the first day of the show. I can take some pretty decent pics with the camera. I could just use some pointers to go from good pics to great pics. I'll do some homework this week. We are still up north and are heading down shortly. I have not seen the car yet or I would have posted up. I will ask Mike to take care of the tail light and license plate. But stay away from my rear end pal. haha

Guest LOUDMIKE

Car looks great!!! I am glad that Dave now has someone to come to every car show before, after and during to keep his cars clean. ALL 7 of them! Usually two to three times a month!! WHOO HOO FOR MIKE!!!